Bring4th

Full Version: Live view of earth from space!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if anyone has posted this before but I found this website that broadcast LIVE earth seen from space! How cool is that!!! I always dreamed about some project that let us view earth from space live, this is it!

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

Just sit back and relax while taking in the beautiful scenery of our planet!
hey wow, that's pretty neat kanonathena!
Wow, kanonathena! Thank you! What a wonderful and peaceful view.
I just discovered this through another website (and created a new thread not realizing this thread existed. Thanks for the redirect, isis.)

I am in such awe! The feelings this stirs up are so... I don't have the words... despite the Creator in all things, and the presence of beauty everywhere, the view from the ground can be a difficult one, and a forgetful one.

The view of this living jewel from above, though... lifts more than my visual perspective.

If you all haven't seen this, it is a live webcam from the International Space Station as it orbits Earth as it whirs over continents and oceans.

If the video feed is black, not to worry, the space station is just on the night side of the Earth. It will soon be in daylight traveling as it does at around 17,000 miles per hour (27.5 thousand kph).

Thanks for sharing this, kanonathena. Smile
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I don't get it, what´s the point with the above image?
I think the point is in the different angles of shadows.
*bump*
(06-19-2014, 09:50 AM)ChickenInSpace Wrote: [ -> ]I think the point is in the different angles of shadows.

May you be indicating:

"Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement"
Ashim posted:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

==================================

"...[T]he distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many."
-- Rrrra, from http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=1#10

[Image: moon-pirate.jpg]

[Image: 3IYzB.jpg] 

Cool
In my opinion that is fake.