Bring4th

Full Version: The balance of desire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To over come any desire is not in balance unless such a desire breaks the freewill of another entity.

To indulge in desire is not in balance.

Therefore any desire that is acted out with respect of freewill without indulging to much or losing mindfulness/awareness is then in balance.

This creates an interesting concept. The idea that i can for drink beer at the weekend but not drink enough to lose mindfulness and do things which may risk breaking the freewills of others nor to deprive myself of the experience of drinking alcohol.

The concept can apply to the eating of meats? If all things are truly alive then even the fruits, grains, vegetables are part of the living creator. To eat anything can then be seen as some what breaking the freewill of whatever it may be. Is it justifiable to not eat meats because animals are higher second density?

Where does this line of thinking end? Is it okay to take hard drugs in a balanced way? Does drinking the alcohol buy into a negative company?

What seems to be fairly simply can ultimately be complex.

I have a feeling that it will not be possible to answer this question fully but hearing the views of others on it may be useful.
If you drink too much your ability to do mindfulness may decrease bc you can lose that focus and attention lol. jk

It would be great to experiment w/ mindfulness drinking and eating and see how it feels & what the experience is like.

For example when I am mindfully eating, I am fully present with the food, in gratitude, and being very deliberate in my actions - so I do not over consume, chew more, enjoy each sensation, and be more sensitive to satiety (notice when I'm full). I notice that the food I am eating is a blessing, and that the veggie or animal that is being consumed is becoming a part of this journey by nourishing my body. So meaning level it already sets a different sort of experience already.
Everything is okay. The only relevant question is what is okay to you? And if you desire to acknowledge the desires of others, what is okay for them?

There is no right or wrong under The Law of One.
(05-31-2014, 06:09 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]To over come any desire is not in balance unless such a desire breaks the freewill of another entity.

To indulge in desire is not in balance.

rather than thinking of it as desire or not desire, perhaps it might be helpful to look at it from the point of potential experience.

if we could understand or learn something without going through the physical world experience (taking drugs/alchohol), then we most certainly would.

but if there is something in the appeal of a desire that draws us to it, that somehow we want to experience (even though we might not be sure why), then it suggests that the learning/understanding is not possible without having gone through that concrete experience.

having had the concrete experience, we then have more 'data' from which to examine and process things, to develop understandings and learnings.

That is not to say that every desire or whim should be engaged in (there is some room for analysis beforehand for the potential impacts on self and others), but that behind every strong desire are stronger forces or currents at play in the mind.

Melissa

Personally; I don't think a desire, whatever it may be, can ever be balanced or fully 'conscious' unless the driving forces behind it are balanced;

mind (higher chakras & grounding)
body (lower chakras & rising);
alignment (feeling)
heart (expression/action/outward)

This works wonders for me, especially regarding inner quietude and beingness as most, hmm.. Now I'd say; all of my 'external' desires/goals dissipated after the allignment or expression/action. As I've come to see/feel their purpose more clearly. The only desire that's currently zingin' is to be with me, completely, because I've never experienced this before. But it wouldn't be so if I hadn't taken the action towards the 'external' stuff first.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Relapsing sucks
Not thy will but thine.