Bring4th

Full Version: Orange Ray Attitudes and Biases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra identifies orange ray with those portions of the mind to do with self identity; or to put it more simply - those attitudes to do with how we relate to ourself - who we think we are.

but isn't that obvious who we are? I mean, I am who I am, I am plenum, I am this person who has lived on earth for so many years, and am typing to you right now.

The thing is, it is very possible to form Attitudes and Biases in relation to the self that are maladaptive (relative to a clear state), and lead to choked, self swarming behaviour.

I think the clearest indicator of maladaptive orange ray attitudes for me is the emotion of Powerlessness.

Powerlessness comes about when we are unable to acknowledge certain fundamental rights about the self, the sort of Fundamental Rights that are like the ones stated in the Declaration of Independence, 'inalienable rights'.

Those rights are most certainly always there, but we can obscure them by holding attitudes that don't recognise what those rights are.

And once we start thinking we are a victim (the overwhelming sense of Personal Powerlessness), it starts 'choking' up our behaviour and limiting the range of autonomy and personal expression we might have.

- -

I've been revisiting Orange Ray the last couple of days, and examining some of these fundamental attitudes to myself (how I relate to myself, or think of myself).

some questions to do with personal rights -

* do I have the right to express personal biases? (personal tastes, habits - or do I feel guilty/ashamed)
* do I have the right to modify those personal biases? (or am I stuck with former biases forever, how much can I change about myself)
* do I have the right to experience all emotions? (or are some off limits, because I said so, don't want to go there)
* do I have the right to be fully present in each situation?
* do I have the right to a non-violent response to every situation? (a non attacking response that is, one that is embued with the eyes of love)

some of these questions might seem a little offbeat, and perhaps non-relevant to you, but more than welcome to hear differing views!

- -

Quote:15.12 The next energy complex, which may be blocked is the emotional, or personal complex, also known as the orange-ray complex. This blockage will often demonstrate itself as personal eccentricities or distortions with regard to self-conscious understanding or acceptance of self.

it should be noted that these orange ray attitudes are strictly to do with the self. And orange ray being a yin energy centre (more passive), it supports the activity of the yellow ray centre (social participation and expression) and can thereby enable or distort that social interaction.
You have the right to be awesome, constantly.
Emotion is 'sad, mad, glad, scared, & sexy' so powerlessness is an experience than emotions. With powerlessness comes helplessness, hopelessness, haplessness, victimization, and all that stuffs.

Powerlessness can lead to a false sense that one is unable to exercise one's choice in a situation bc all the options seem to have foreclosed, leaving (an illusion of having) no choice but to rely on limited options2 that just don't work. People say, 'I can't help it' or 'I can't do anything about it'. The state of stuck-ness can limit creativity in problem solving and limit potential to make changes in one's life. The paradoxical thing is, this illusion of powerlessness is also a powerful influence. When I talk to myself and say 'I can't help it' or 'I can't do anything about it bc I am a victim' I am also making a choice to do nothing about something.

Responsibility can be attributed distally at external entities such as other people, groups, social institutions, and governments. These responsibilities may be an actual threat to one's freedom. Disempowerment due to oppression, racism, discrimination, and other issues of marginalization can lead to a sense of powerlessness. But the crux of orange ray, for me, is the sense of 'locus of control' - whether one has the potential to frame a problem in a way that one can do something about on the very personal level. e.g., we can't necessarily change events or external events but we can change what something means to us. Meaning level change comes w/ processing catalyst and interpreting catalyst in positive ways, perhaps.

Melissa

From my experience I'd say that how we relate to ourselves is exactly the same way we relate to others. There's essentially no separation, for example; you can't be critical to self and not to others. And that's why I think STS* is so important.

*Self-love and acceptance To Self

Here's what I do (or don't);

Can I love and accept myself when... I'm not sure about anything but trying anyway
Can I love and accept myself when... I'm not actually even trying
Can I love and accept myself when... I'm trying too hard
Can I love and accept myself when... I don't feel any positive emotions
Can I love and accept myself when... I escape my emotions, the positive ones too
Can I love and accept myself when... I speak up for myself
Can I love and accept myself when... I don't speak up for myself
Can I love and accept myself when... I feel like my parents never even did
Can I love and accept myself when... I feel like nobody in the past ever really did
Can I love and accept myself when... I prioritize my own well-being above everyone else's (and the opposite)
Can I love and accept myself when... I make mistakes without feeling guilty
Can I love and accept myself when... I walk around in pj's three days and eat too much cookies
Can I love and accept myself when... I feel really annoyed by someone else
Can I love and accept myself when... I only do things because I feel inspired to do so
Can I love and accept myself when... I have a completely different life than family and friends
Can I love and accept myself when... I feel anxiety or fear all of a sudden without figuring out why perse
Can I love and accept myself when... the answers to these meanderings are completely variable, and it probably doesn't even matter that much. Is that still ok?

These are some of my 'icky' issues, keeps things interesting! Though lately I've been feeling pretty optimistic and relaxed.
Orange-ray, to me is not just a relation to the self but the actual desires of the self. Radiation and absorption of this ray can then thus be deduced. What can make one's orange-ray radiate and absorb will differ completely in each individual.

The concept of "rights" do not factor in this to me unless desired to be followed by the self.

In fact, I think structuring oneself in laws and rights leads to a great absorption of the orange-ray as it is negating any aspect that is not in line with these legals decrees.

Imagine the self as a Sun. Where does its radiation begin?
A lot of insecure thoughts are associated with orange ray chakra. It's so easy to judge ourselves to be "non fit" or fat/chubby/not good enough. You see, people are so insecure of themselves. If we were to acknowledge the fact that we aren't perfect, that would simply make is perfect. The moment you completely accept your insecurities, your insecurities are transmuted into security. Makes sense? I think so.
(05-31-2014, 11:49 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of insecure thoughts are associated with orange ray chakra. It's so easy to judge ourselves to be "non fit" or fat/chubby/not good enough. You see, people are so insecure of themselves. If we were to acknowledge the fact that we aren't perfect, that would simply make is perfect. The moment you completely accept your insecurities, your insecurities are transmuted into security. Makes sense? I think so.

Truly accepting ones self would mean that we would actually see ourselves as perfect beings. To admit that one isn't perfect means that one finds flaws thus one isn't truly accepting of ones self. Insecurities related to self image foster the opinion that ones shell isn't deemed acceptable by society therefore not acceptable to one. It's one that I've battled with a lot considering the damage I did to my body by gaining a massive amount of weight in a short period of time back in my 20's. I constantly wrestle with accepting my stretch marks and the little loose skin around my belly. Some times I'm ok with it as I know there is nothing I can do about it. Other times, I can't stand seeing or feeling it. It's an odd balancing act that I have as of yet to remedy.
I don't have a problem with orange-ray self love. Though sometimes I'd rather be somewhere else. On another planet perhaps. But I do love myself. To a point I love others as well.