Bring4th

Full Version: The Essence of Stagnancy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one of my greatest fears when I was growing up was that society was not going to change, or that it wasn't changing fast enough.

I ended up projecting these fears and hopes onto the ever changing cycle of computer technology. Intel had cpu's for the home market which began with the 8086, which progressed through various iterations until we ended up with the dual and quad core powerful processors that we have today in most computers.

the basic issue was, however, that I didn't know how to grow and change myself, how to adapt to circumstances.

this was felt internally as 'stagnancy'; with the hopes that outside things ('computer technology') represented the next change, and that the next pc I bought, or the next component that I upgraded would enable me to become more 'complete', 'able', and 'functional'. Tech represented progress for me because it was a concrete example of having more processing power.

- -

the heart of the issue, in truth, was the ability to recognise, use, and apply catalyst. I was never really taught how to 'think', how to process my emotions and feelings, or how to understand and accept myself.

When days ended up being 'good', it didn't feel like I had a hand in that happening (was it because of something I did, or was it just pure luck), and when days ended up being bad, I didn't know how to change it, and I was just stuck with my moods and disgruntlement and grumpiness. I didn't have the means to navigate or steer my life in any true way. This was not just because of the fact that I was still growing up, it was more that I didn't know how to process experience; at least not in the way that I do today.

one can definitely examine periods of one's life and come to the conclusion of Stagnancy. That things aren't changing, or they aren't changing fast enough.

- -

The Balancing View to that is represented in Archetype 13; which Ra gives the name 'Death'. Now, this card has traditionally scared off many people, as death is taken to be literal and final; and that is the most common and concrete association with this word.

Ra calls the Death Archetype the 'Transformation of the Body'.

As an explanation:

Quote:81.13 Questioner: [We have] already discussed the Significator, so I will skip to number thirteen. Transformation of Body is called Death, for with death the body is transformed to a higher-vibration body for additional learning. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may be seen to be additionally correct in that each moment and certainly each diurnal period of the bodily incarnation offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it.

the part in bold is truly one of the most powerful and searing statements that you might ever come across.

one can unpack it in two parts:

1) opportunity given: "each moment and certainly each diurnal period of the bodily incarnation offers death and rebirth"

2) taking the opportunity: "to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it."

I think that if this is able to be appreciated deeply, and one is able to use catalyst moment by moment, and day by day, then the resulting effects are an energetic reconfiguration of the self at the bodily level to represent the more whole state of mind via use of the offered catalyst.

The Transformation of the Body becomes concrete.

one can then see how this is a countervailing view to the notion of Stagnancy. That things don't change (because I don't know how to change them, or that is, I don't know how to apply the moment-by-moment catalyst).

truly one can come to the valid conclusion of stagnancy. But it doesn't have to be that way. Catalyst, as always, shows the way forward - if you just know how to recognise it and apply it to the self.
I discovered that all things are changing. No emotion/thought is permanent. All that is left to do is accept the moment.
Once all potential change has been embraced, one becomes the creator and changeless as unity is without time.

Three simple truisms:

The positively polarizing entity embraces infinite change and thus remains consistent in being who he/she is while changing only when necessary, as the self and the creation is seen as perfect in all changes. There may be peace and moderate dynamism.

The negatively polarizing entity desires to falsify all change against its vision and thus is ever-changing as it sacrifices itself and others towards its absolute ends. There is almost always continual hunger and craving for order in the face of change.

The depolarized entity inconsistently embraces certain change while condemning anything that causes the self to change in mannerism. There is almost always confusion.
Brilliant post, Plenum.

On my own path, I've noticed transformation, but in gradual, tiny degrees that only become visible in retrospect, or when I notice that I am responding differently to a situation, with more love, or more strength, or without a previous knee-jerk reaction. The transformation generally seems to be imperceptible as it occurs.

Have you had any threshold-crossing moments of transformation that moved over a discrete boundary? Where there was an obvious pre-you and post-you (on the same continuum of "you", of course).

(06-04-2014, 11:00 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]2) taking the opportunity: "to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it."

And one of the most efficient means of making use of catalyst? Meditation:

78.36 RA:...it is certainly through this faculty [of "disciplined meditation"] that catalyst is most efficiently used.
This one blew my mind as well. Although my life seems to require a little rational planning, so it may be difficult. Things like being too impulsive. I'm not sure, perhaps I'll just have to live with it. (In death the rational planning would go?)
(06-04-2014, 03:45 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had any threshold-crossing moments of transformation that moved over a discrete boundary? Where there was an obvious pre-you and post-you (on the same continuum of "you", of course).

true threshold moments huh?

the most recent one (and the most vivid one) occurred about a month ago. It took place in a dream experience, and I woke up so much more 'healed' and whole. It was like being in a refreshed physical vehicle, in quite a profound way.

the dream experience had to do with my first girlfriend (all the way back from high school years). In the dream, she came and visited me, and said goodbye, and thanked me for all the experiences that we had shared together. I don't for a moment imagine that it was actually HER that visited; but rather it was a representation for myself of offering myself forgiveness and acceptance for that period of my life. That it was finally complete, and whole, with no regrets or self-criticisms for any mistakes I might have thought I had made (truly learning experiences rather than mistakes for someone that age).

I woke up a different person, and was literally bouncing off the walls in joy lol.

but yes, some of those thought-form patterns had been stagnant for a long time in my consciousness. I can only presume that I had done enough conscious work in the period proceeding that dream to permit a full healing/integration of that experience.

but very palpable that a death-and-rebirth had taken place.
Same like you GLB, slow and steady transformation. The lessons seem to take time to reach the root of my mind even after conscious understanding. At least currently. But the progress is always palpable.

But in comparison to the version of me sometimes just a few months prior, it does feel like a metamorphosis.