Bring4th

Full Version: life catalyst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
life is really hard and its hard to accept catalyst when i dont want to do things. my parents have taken out a huge sum of money for my college and are forcing me into a specific major i dont want to do. i really dont want to go to college. i really dont want to work. my friends own a commune near our local lake and i ideally just want to live my life there without the obligations society gives us.

do i really have to work for a living to accept catalyst and harvest? do i just have to love and do my best to serve in order to harvest?

i dont think I can help many people if I go into industrial engineering or do most of the jobs people do. i think humanity would be better if we just went back to nature
Hello Benny Joe,

(06-04-2014, 05:27 PM)Benny Joe Wrote: [ -> ]i think humanity would be better if we just went back to nature

I do not think that. Without the knowledege we would not be better. And it is knwoledge which You are refusing to earn.

I would advice You to look deep into Your Parents motivation and to Understand it as They are understanding Their motives. If They are prepared to enslave Them Selves with debt for You, it is an act of Love. Please try to perceive it as such.

Secondly I had in my past commune of Peoples whom I Loved. At some time I even neglected my studies just to BE with Them. It was extremely Pleasure for couple years. Than each of Us choosed His/Her patch and in some cases our choices was very different. After next couple years our commune were not existing anymore. All we had left of it was a Memory.
That's how this reality functions/works - changes are inevitable. Nothing last forever in material realm. Therefore Please be Wise in Your choosing and mindful of consequences of Your choices.

Most important thing above all. "College" is not only "Learning".
When I'm looking back at all my studies, all I remember are PEOPLE. Not sessions, exams or learning the material/logical knowledge. It was the PEOPLE with whom I were experienced all this, whom I supported and whom were supporting me. It was Friendships, Loves and in some cases negativer spectrum of attitudes. But all that makes me Wealthy in Experience and Peoples in my life. THE most Precious of what You can get from life.
Therefore Please before You will reject offering of Your Parents, GO THERE, to the college You are so defensive about. See/experience it and peoples in it. Learn what You are saying NO to. That is my advice to You.

Quote:my parents have taken out a huge sum of money for my college and are forcing me into a specific major i dont want to do.

Than propose different major and Learn of it to be able to Teach Your Parents about it. Argue for Your own Choice of Your Growth.

Quote:my friends own a commune near our local lake and i ideally just want to live my life there without the obligations society gives us.

I understand. Nevertheless please keep in mind, that Your current decisions may define Your life (at leat for many, many years). Please make sure that Your motives for shaping Your life are not "local" but rather as Universal as they can be.

Now, in the end, You can reject all and live with commune of Your Friends near local lake. What's next Benny Joe? How will Your life looks like in 5 years? How in 10? How in 20 years?. Those are very important questions.
Please do not answer it too rashly. Take Your time and Mind to see all consequences - both positive and negative - there's never only "one side of the coin". Please be able to see both sides before You will make Your choice.

Take Care
As above, ensure college is not your preference before turning down your parent's offer. Other than that, my view is that accepting catalyst is about navigating life towards what makes you happy.
(06-04-2014, 05:27 PM)Benny Joe Wrote: [ -> ]life is really hard and its hard to accept catalyst when i dont want to do things. my parents have taken out a huge sum of money for my college and are forcing me into a specific major i dont want to do. i really dont want to go to college. i really dont want to work. my friends own a commune near our local lake and i ideally just want to live my life there without the obligations society gives us.

I dropped out after my first year of college (we call it university over here though).

I was just following the 'projected trajectory' that I thought I should go; without really identifying what I truly wanted.

That first year of college was pretty terrible. I was out of my element, and couldn't really adjust (even if I wanted to).

I ended up taking a gap year (a year off) where I spent a year reading, and going in and out of libraries on a daily basis.

When I finally got my head 'sorted' I returned to a different course at college, and had a blast.

when I graduated, I ended up working in an entirely different field to my area of study.

life meanders like a river, and its not always a straight line to where you want (and quite often need) to be.

Don't be afraid to say no, and go your own way (even though your parents might not understand).

that said; this is not medical advice, but just a personal opinion based on my own life experience. The decision, ultimately, will be in your own hands (and responsibility).

ie the excuse that 'plenum made me do it' will not fly in the afterlife BigSmile

- -

also don't be afraid to meet people as that is one of life's greatest catalysts of all.

Quote:19.13 This catalyst then is shared between peoples as an important part of each self’s development as well as the experiences of the self in solitude and the synthesis of all experience through meditation.

The quickest way to learn is to deal with other-selves.

This is a much greater catalyst than dealing with the self. Dealing with the self without other-selves is akin to living without what you would call mirrors. Thus, the self cannot see the fruits of its beingness.

Thus, each may aid each by reflection. This is also a primary reason for the weakening of the physical vehicle, as you call the physical complex.
Do what you want. Just think deeply about what you truly desire before doing it. And realize that only by ultimately trusting yourself can you discover who you are. And that making mistakes or bad decisions is a part of being human and learning from bad decisions teaches us a lot more about life and ourselves than following others advice on the right decision. And following others bad advice is probably the least useful of all.

It's your life. Take responsibility and decide what you want you do with it. Only you can bring yourself happiness, no one else.
Not wanting to do things is not wanting to take back all of the mirrors of us we have not yet been able to accept. If studying engineering can come at ease to you i would suggest to pursue it. Teslas plans are on the net im sure you could also make a QEG and also add to the golden age.

Life is not for living for the self but in service to others. I would think being able to sustain oneself is integral before being able to help others. That would include not being reliant on anyone. It takes time to get there even as well.

That would be clearing your foundational red ray. I think your parents want you to be prepared for the world. In doing so you will be able to use the skills you learn towards achieving your own means. What your own means however you discover along the way without really knowing whats exactly right. Thats where faith comes in. That you will always be guided to make the right decisions towards balancing.
I will address a very specific aspect of your question, out of its context: no, you do not need to be or do anything in particular (in terms of work or any aspect of your social arrangement) in order to become 51% service to others. That distinction rests solely on caring about/loving/serving others vs. dominating or using others.