Bring4th

Full Version: Medication over Meditation (or both) for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been doing meditation for a few years now, and there's been some problems it's not been able to take care of. Like anxiety. I'd always feel it in my solar plexus.

But 20 minutes after taking a Prozac, I feel the anxiety lifting. There isn't an uncomfortable pressure any longer in my solar plexus. Perhaps now it will make my meditations more effective, since I won't be distracted by this irritation.

I'm also on Risperdal for my schizophrenia. No amount of meditation helped with that, and the meds are needed for me. Meditation seemed to make the symptoms worse, because then it was extra hard to ground. Now the meds keep me grounded.

I hope to return to normal, because work was causing some unnecessary anxiety too.
that's great news Gemini!

just a quick question though, if it's not too personal. I think you've alluded to the fact that these medications have some side-effects. How have you been dealing with those other consequences of taking the medication?
I am prescribed benztropine which counteracts the side-effects of the drugs.
With Prozac, now I have a certain stillness. Although there is still some pressure in other
parts of my body, energetically.
(06-04-2014, 08:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've been doing meditation for a few years now, and there's been some problems it's not been able to take care of. Like anxiety. I'd always feel it in my solar plexus.

But 20 minutes after taking a Prozac, I feel the anxiety lifting. There isn't an uncomfortable pressure any longer in my solar plexus. Perhaps now it will make my meditations more effective, since I won't be distracted by this irritation.

I'm also on Risperdal for my schizophrenia. No amount of meditation helped with that, and the meds are needed for me. Meditation seemed to make the symptoms worse, because then it was extra hard to ground. Now the meds keep me grounded.

I hope to return to normal, because work was causing some unnecessary anxiety too.

I've been completely opposed to taking any meds in my past. Lately though, I realized that I can't function without them, and much less do any work in consciousness. So, my opinion is that when the catalyst is too extreme, we have to take meds in order to function and do the work.

When I am taking my meds, I still do the work in consciousness, as trying to see what the problems is, as these meds don't take away all the symptoms completely. They just take off the worse edge of it, so I can function and work. I am still trying to become more self conscious by trying to become aware of what is the problem and how to work with this. Without meds, this wouldn't be possible.

You say that meditation makes your symptoms worse, does it happen now too when you are on those meds?

Another question is what kind of meditation do you do?
Look up the youtube video 'grounded'.
Meditation used to make my anxiety worse. Now it seems like I don't have that pressure I used to have when I do meditate. I'm working now so I can't test it out. But I'll meditate later and see where it gets me. I only take my Prozac every other day.

I still do have symptoms like thoughts around death, and a longing for what's after. Even if there is nothing after, at least not existing would be better than some of my worst days.
Usually in the healing process, in my experience, things get much worse before they get better. I think it's because the suppressed portions of the catalyst come into the conscious mind.

Usually suppressing catalyst into the unconscious mind results in temporary comfort, but often the discomforting catalyst surfaces into the conscious mind now and again resulting in a roller coaster of emotions over days and weeks that can only lead one into more and more suppression.

I don't know if the above described situation applies to everyone, but it has personally happened to me.