Bring4th

Full Version: Why I will never recommend occult and mystical material
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whether it be The Law of One, The Bible, Thelema, Seth (the best of the bunch) and other channeled works (which are rare in a genuine capacity), I shall never share them as truth. If I do, I will warn explicitly that I believe the entity is veiling concepts in order to respect our confusions in regards to certain concepts.

I am tempted to call all of the central entities to many of these works liars in perhaps a very emotional angst because of how I have found myself trapped working with the mystical concepts provided, that still have some truth.

I will not list what I have found to be significantly distorted but some of it is quite profound in how an entity is willing to take pre-existing religious concepts from White Magic and Eastern religious traditions and use them as if they were fact. I realize they are respecting The Law of Confusion but I find it can cause a great regression in thought.

I am making this thread to make one point: These entities would tell you Santa Claus existed if you firmly convicted yourself to his existence and asked them a question involving Santa. Instead of Santa Claus, they do it with concepts involving the "higher self," "magical personality," ufo lore and chakras.

If you ever channel an entity, make it clear that you are willing to dump a belief if it is distorted, else they are going to tell you what you want to hear as to not infringe on your free will.

I stopped channeling entities because I got sick of the veiled crap. Inevitably I found that asking for anything beyond prior conceptions of reality too far is going beyond what they can inherently provide. I got so tired I nearly tried to go back into an agnostic-atheist paradigm but in that attempt I found a natural faith in a united universe, a united mind that I could never let go of without suppressing myself. All I am left believing in is the statement of "All is one." The rest of it is trivial to me. Literally the title "The Law of One" has more meaning to me than most of the material in the book (although the magical stuff and archetypal mind dialogues have vast and dangerous potential if you read in-between the lines.)

There is a lot of religious gunk in the Ra Material and I understand why Ra did it that way. However, as a lot of it was expressed, I would not dare hand that book to a gullible person who would believe in every word of the book as expressed. I find it dangerous to do this when these little "veilings" of words can cause somebody to go into another form of religion.

I seek a world without convictions to intangible, unnatural concepts. The Ra Material as it stands now goes against this. I've read between the lines of the material and found what I believe is the true intent of the words but beyond this, I would not place high confidence in the exact wording of the material.

Believing in unnatural concepts leads to blind convictions that can lead to indefinite confusion in morality and life experience. (e.g. god is going to send you to hell if you do X.) Even in minor capacities, it can affect a person in the most subconscious way and even quite consciously. The various interpretations of The Harvest literature is another example of material that can lead to great confusion.

Food for thought.

TLDR: Sick of mystical confusion.

Archived: https://web.archive.org/web/201406070909...pid=154336
I believe the real danger lies in putting great importance on the words rather than on the concepts and their contemplation. When one reads the content of any spiritual work as it if were scripture and without using their own discernment, confusion arises. I believe even The Law of One, like most books of its nature, is not meant to be read literally. As you point out, many concepts discussed in the channelings were often coined in accordance to the prior knowledge and queries of the channelers. This can create a solid base to build upon and discuss further concepts but it can also create confusion if the concepts initially used as foundation have not been properly defined by both parties.

I'm grateful for the experiences I've had in regards to contacting entities and guidance through witnessing channeling. It helped me build a sharper discernment and sense of truth; even if it sounds right, one must always question the message and see if it feels right as well.

I discovered that in most cases there is truth, however it may have been distorted to fit certain pre-existing dispositions in the channeler. The channeler may also distort the message to support pre-existing ideas and biases. All in all, I've learned to be curious, question everything and trust my own judgement, regardless of who is speaking on the other side Wink
yeah, everyone is on their own timetable of learning.

different triggers for different people.
The issue is with the lack of maturity of imbalanced individuals exposing themselves to such material, often to reinforce those same patterns of being. This isn't a phenomenon exclusive to 'Metaphysical' material, but to all belief systems and reality frameworks, though there seems to be a higher concentration towards the former due to a predisposition towards escapist/fantasist thought.

You have to be ok with not knowing, and this is a block for many, in order to move forward. See the material as one perspective rather than concrete, with each perspective creating a more coherent and balanced picture as it is built upon, being reworked (Or removed totally) as necessary/experience arises. It is obvious and should go without saying that there are certain heavily veiled concepts, as was the case with the early undistorted Abrahamic religion with the metaphors and allegories.

In all honesty it matters very little and the crux of the issue is another method of bypassing. The only truly relevant aspects of any such material are it's practical applications, and how it can be leveraged to provide a more desirable experience. That to me is the true test of any such framework. Not how fancy the verbiage is, or how fantastical and wonderful sounding the concepts are, but whether it can stand upto scrutiny when applied in every day experience in a practical manner.

Edit: Correction.
(06-07-2014, 10:55 AM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is with the lack of maturity of imbalanced individuals exposing themselves to such material, often to reinforce those same patterns of being. This isn't a phenomenon exclusive to 'Metaphysical' material, but to all belief systems and reality frameworks, though there seems to be a higher concentration towards the former due to a predisposition towards escapist/fantasist thought.

You have to be ok with not knowing, and this is a block for many, in order to move forward. See the material as one perspective rather than concrete, with each perspective creating a more coherent and balanced picture as it is built upon, being reworked (Or removed totally) as necessary/experience arises. It is obvious and should go without saying that there are certain heavily veiled concepts, as was the case with the early undistorted Abrahamic religion with the metaphors and allegories.

In all honesty it matters very little and the crux of the issue is another method of bypassing. The only truly relevant aspects of any such material are it's practical applications, and how it can be leveraged to provide a more desirable experience. That to me is the true test of any such framework. Not how fancy the verbiage is, or how fantastical and wonderful sounding the concepts are, but whether it can stand upto scrutiny when applied in every day experience in a practical manner.

Edit: Correction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatism
Taking the Law of One literally led to some pretty intense mental breakdowns on my part. They were balanced between positive and negative experiences.