Bring4th

Full Version: Redefining Destruction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I was growing up (in that mythical era of the 80's), there was something called the 'Cold War' still in effect. This was a standoff between the USA and the USSR, where a vast nuclear arsenal was pointed at each other. The world seemed to be on the edge of destruction, with fear and uncertainty being the modus operandi. I grew up in that period, and was shaped by it.

Things could have gone very bad, and bits of Ra confirm the reality of that nuclear potential.

But one civilisation did go down that route of wholesale destruction. And that was Atlantis. And it wasn't too long ago in terms of history:

Ra Wrote:10.15 Approximately eleven thousand [11,000] of your years ago, the first of the, what you call, wars, caused approximately forty percent of this population to leave the density by means of disintegration of the body.

40% of the population died in that conflict.

- -

how does that compare?

WW2: Over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world population.

American Civil War: One estimate of the death toll is that ten percent of all Northern males 20–45 years old, and 30 percent of all Southern white males aged 18–40 perished.

- -

that said, third density does of necessity require the investigation of the principle of 'bellicosity'; and it's part of the learning experience.

when Ra was asked about catalyst that was created by the Self, rather than catalyst derived from the universe (ie, natural environment), or catalyst derived from Other-Self, Ra listed 4 main categories.

Quote:33.15 Ra: I am Ra.

1) Firstly, the self unmanifested.

2) Secondly, the self in relation to the societal self created by self and other-self.

3) Thirdly, the interaction between self and the gadgets, toys, and amusements of the self, other-self invention.

4) Fourthly, the self relationship with those attributes which you may call war and rumors of war.

so war (and the talk of war) is a great catalyst indeed. It forces us to address issues of nationhood, the boundaries that we draw around our 'group', and asks us if we are able to see the 'enemy' that our society labels, as an equal, rather than a foe.
Maybe, but it's still bloody awful though.