Bring4th

Full Version: Out Of Body Experiencers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I had my first glimpse of astral projection where my consciousness had left my body. I began to meditate, about 20-30min I went into sleep paralysis and I began to feel as if my consciousness was above me. Almost as if my mind had traveled up to the cieling.

I've been meditating for a while now but this is the closest I've ever been to an out of body experience. With a little work I think I can master it and hopefully practice it daily.

Is there anyone who has/is experiencing this? I would love some input
I once had an astral projection experience where I rose out of my body after I had been sleeping in bed. I immediately saw a wolf sitting in my room, growling at me. It scared me so I went back into my body. I've also heard of some people experiencing snakes coming out of the walls and biting them.
Hhhmmmmm
I've also floated out of my recliner when I had fallen asleep, and just woken up. All my OBE's were from sleep, and having woken up. But I could never travel far. I'd sometimes be stuck to my body, and only move a little.
(06-09-2014, 04:33 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been meditating for a while now but this is the closest I've ever been to an out of body experience. With a little work I think I can master it and hopefully practice it daily.

no personal experience, but I can recommend the author Robert Bruce.

there was a time about 6 years ago where I read everything I could get my hands on on OBE's, and he was one of the standout authors.

William Buhlman is also good.
(06-09-2014, 04:33 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I had my first glimpse of astral projection where my consciousness had left my body. I began to meditate, about 20-30min I went into sleep paralysis and I began to feel as if my consciousness was above me. Almost as if my mind had traveled up to the cieling.

I've been meditating for a while now but this is the closest I've ever been to an out of body experience. With a little work I think I can master it and hopefully practice it daily.

I've had a number of experiences with it. Occasionally deliberate. Am currently seeking to better control it.

The key, in my opinion, is allowing your body to fall asleep and keeping your mind conscious. Learning to lucid dream is immensely helpful. It's all about the mind awake, body asleep. Get that down, and you've got it. Sleep paralysis is an excellent portal into astral projection. It occurs when your astral consciousness has separated from your body, yet is still occupying the same space as your body. When you are in the proper state (mind awake, body asleep), exiting is relatively easy.

When you come back to your body, you will often find it in the throws of sleep paralysis for a couple minutes before your astral reintegrates with your physical body.
(06-10-2014, 11:59 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]When you come back to your body, you will often find it in the throws of sleep paralysis for a couple minutes before your astral reintegrates with your physical body.

have you gotten past the 'terror stage' of sleep paralysis? that is, the overwhelming uneasiness of not being able to move a single muscle or interface with the body.
(06-10-2014, 11:59 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2014, 04:33 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I had my first glimpse of astral projection where my consciousness had left my body. I began to meditate, about 20-30min I went into sleep paralysis and I began to feel as if my consciousness was above me. Almost as if my mind had traveled up to the cieling.

I've had a number of experiences with it. Occasionally deliberate. Am currently seeking to better control it.

The key, in my opinion, is allowing your body to fall asleep and keeping your mind conscious. Learning to lucid dream is immensely helpful. It's all about the mind awake, body asleep. Get that down, and you've got it. Sleep paralysis is an excellent portal into astral projection. It occurs when your astral consciousness has separated from your body, yet is still occupying the same space as your body. When you are in the proper state (mind awake, body asleep), exiting is relatively easy.

When you come back to your body, you will often find it in the throws of sleep paralysis for a couple minutes before your astral reintegrates with your physical body.

I fully agree with you. My experience is the very same. I would go as far to say that truly sleep paralysis is the only conscious access to subtle planes.
Training the self to enter sleep paralysis at will is the key.
You'll find this to be a useful read:

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

Probably worth noting that from a higher perspective you're not actually going anywhere with 'another body'.
I've found out that once you keep your body at a steady state over a certain amount of time, you will feel your hand/foot fall asleep. You will feel the sensation of it falling asleep, rather than attaining focus on the breath, focus your mind on the sensation of your foot/hand. From my experience, this enables my entire body to experience the sensation thus entering sleep paralysis.
(06-11-2014, 10:26 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]have you gotten past the 'terror stage' of sleep paralysis? that is, the overwhelming uneasiness of not being able to move a single muscle or interface with the body.

You get over it eventually. You kind of just have to rationalize to yourself that this happens every night, whether you are conscious of it or not, and you haven't died yet so you kind of just have to relax into it. Also, it becomes less scary when you know you can get out of it if you really need to. If you concentrate all your attention on moving a little finger, or a toe, you will begin to reintegrate and control of your body will return relatively quickly.

The terror is from not being in control, so if you can convince yourself you can control it, it becomes less terrifying. I still get scared occasionally, when it feels like I'm having trouble breathing in this state, but it happens less these days.
(06-11-2014, 04:58 PM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]You'll find this to be a useful read:

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

Probably worth noting that from a higher perspective you're not actually going anywhere with 'another body'.

I agree, it is a "body of consciousness". Inner subtle plane exploration is about changing focus, and moving your consciousness about a vibrational continuum translated experience.
Hot sizzle i'v had similar experiences check out Robert Monroe and his books. There an amazing read.
(06-12-2014, 08:18 AM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]Hot sizzle i'v had similar experiences check out Robert Monroe and his books. There an amazing read.

I'll look into him thank you so much.
I was lying once after I had fell asleep on the floor and it felt like a creature was sitting on my chest, and it was heavy. That made me come out of that state. I've also had a little troll or something that was making a fuss behind me and when I called Jesus name to clear him away he spit on me.
Sounds negative