Bring4th

Full Version: Nature of Sleep Deprivation Catalyst?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My body really likes 8-9 hours of sleep. It is highly functional on 7 hours. Under 5.5 hours of sleep I generally become extremely irritable and angry at the smallest things.

Does anyone have any theories as to the nature of the catalyst associated with sleep deprivation?

I've pondered whether it's the body being tired and generating low red ray due to lack of sleep and therefore anger in increased to increase the red ray. Under this theory, showing yourself more love and getting some sleep is ideal. Or perhaps how the sleep deprivation lowers the mental energy available for unconscious suppression of certain types of catalyst and so little things that bothered you that you unconsciously suppressed when you are well rested rise to the surface. Under this theory lack of sleep could be used to find triggers/imbalanced beliefs that one would otherwise not be aware about. In any case I'm curious because my mood changes pretty dramatically with lack of sleep. When I'm running under 6 hours, it takes likes 30+ minutes of meditation to even feel somewhat mentally calm for the day.

This question could also be extended to perhaps low blood sugar sensitivity or perhaps even general tiredness.
I think a lot of it comes with the balancing and healing which occurs during our dreams (even those dreams which we don't remember, I assume.)

Ra says:
Quote:86.12 "The activity of dreaming is an activity in which there is made a finely wrought and excellently fashioned bridge from conscious to unconscious. In this state the various distortions which have occurred in the energy web of the body complex, due to the misprecision with which energy influxes have been received, are healed. With the proper amount of dreaming comes the healing of these distortions. Continued lack of this possibility can cause seriously distorted mind/body/spirit complexes."

I interpret this to mean that throughout the day our energy web gets distorted by whatever means, whether it is poorly processed mental catalyst or simply exterior influence from other fields or materials in our physical illusion. As we sleep and dream, these distortions unravel and our fields are "reset" to a more appropriate function.

I think this matches your idea of sleep deprivation affecting our energy as seen by available red ray or mental energy. These blockages that need healing during sleep could easily be expressed as a lower blockage, since energy is not making it up through to the higher chakras. Our higher chakras allowing us to function in a more aware and accepting way, perhaps without their proper functioning, we become less accepting of the world we are experiencing. It seems to me this wouldn't really be "proper catalyst," since we probably will get angry at things which would normally not bother us. Instead of having to focus mentally on clearing these blockages, we have to balance them physically by sleep.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/h...story.html + Metaphysical needs (moderate-to-minor depending on individual)
I try to get 10-12 hours a night, plus sometimes a 1-2 hour nap at lunch.
Damn. Austin covers the esoteric aspect and Manny got the physical aspect. Looks like you just need sleep. It's hard because I'm a night owl in the sense that I have trouble sleeping before midnight. So waking up at 5/6ish is a b****, but sometimes required in society.

And here I was hoping to spiritually hack the whole sleep requirement thing. Oh well. Thanks all! Smile
I used someone's hypnosis mp3 for complete sleep cycle in four hours. It worked for few months and may need to do it again.
(06-12-2014, 01:09 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I used someone's hypnosis mp3 for complete sleep cycle in four hours. It worked for few months and may need to do it again.

so how much sleep are you getting these days BrownEye?

- -

like xise, I tend to be a longer sleeper. Always have been Smile
Sleep deprivation has always been about dreams for me. Either there's something in the psyche that wants to be avoided. Or something deep that the person is actively condemning.
(06-12-2014, 07:37 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so how much sleep are you getting these days BrownEye?

Some days 4, some days 5, some days 6.
I'v got a job where I need to get up at half four for work. I usually go to sleep at 10p.m giving me 6 and a half hours sleep 3-4 times a week. I'm tired by 10 but i'v never been one to stay in bed all day or sleep for overtly long hours at a time. (I don't nap during the day.) Before the job I was unemployed and had trouble sleeping. So it's a nice change to actually get tired and nod off.

What would the catalyst be? I'm not sure but I feel that personally I am benefiting from the physical vehicle actually being tired. Sometimes i do nod off during the day and usually i find the small sleep of a few seconds to 20 minutes to be quite fruitful. Sometimes I wake up with a clear image of an illustration I want to draw or your usual dream symbols that linger in the mind.
xise, you must be at odds.
She loves you dearly, let's not forget it

trust

peace/in pieces
I've had a LONG lesson that was precognisized by my visualisation in 'meditative visions'. One of being disarmed personally in my life. The catalyst did go into states of insomnia and extreme anxiety. In order to 'disarm', I needed to not have enough energy to 'arm'. Also unconditional love may have been in there somewhere.
(06-12-2014, 08:26 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2014, 07:37 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so how much sleep are you getting these days BrownEye?

Jeebus, I knock out 10-12 straight. Not sure how you guys manage it.

Will probably change once I start fulltime work though. Oh boy...
(06-12-2014, 03:04 PM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2014, 08:26 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]

Jeebus, I knock out 10-12 straight. Not sure how you guys manage it.

Will probably change once I start fulltime work though. Oh boy...

Same with me and I am working fulltime.