Bring4th

Full Version: Authority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you believe in the concept of authority and why?

In other words, do you believe somebody has the right to make you work and live in a certain way according their ideals of ethics?
Yes. I believe in the Authority of peer reviewed literature and of removing works formulated by others that I alone deem to have little relevance.
Authority in a balanced way is good i think. I am sure we would all be quick to phone the police if someone was at our door trying to attack us. However there is a big difference between authority out of service to others, protecting others and using that same mentally to control and enslave others.
(06-14-2014, 10:47 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Do you believe in the concept of authority and why?

In other words, do you believe somebody has the right to make you work and live in a certain way according their ideals of ethics?

Note that my comments are related to authority within this illusion..

The concept of authority comes into play in two areas, to my mind.

First, if one is infringing massively on the free will of another. Many crimes fall into this category, although many crimes don't either.

Secondly, if someone is on the property or in the home of another, the word of the property owner should be respected, and I would consider the property owner an authority