Bring4th

Full Version: Law of One study in the Chatrooms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

Most of you probably do not know me. I'm a relatively new member to Bring4th, and new to the metaphysical scene as a whole. I don't do much on the forums, but those of you who've gone onto the Law of One Chat room have probably seen me there.

I wanted to announce a new project that I'm starting up next week, and maybe foster some additional participation, as it's purely a group-work study.

What I plan on doing is to go over each line of material within the Ra Manuscripts (at first) with those members that are present in the Chat Room at that time. I plan on starting this next Monday, starting at 13:00 EST (UTC -5).

I'll be going over the material question by question, with no determined time frame for completion. We will work as slowly as needed to wring out all the useful bits possible.

Whats the purpose of this? Why, it's two-fold: My first major goal is to streamline terms and definitions used within the manuscript, as their nature and use can cause a world of confusion, if two people hold different definitions for the same word. The second goal is to provide a detailed analysis of the works for easier introduction to new members, and for old members to maybe see another side to the mystery of it all.

If any of you are interested in helping me break this down, please come by the Law of One chat next week, or watch this thread, as I plan on summarizing each day's work here for your benefit.

If any of you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Great initiative, Kabby.
ME & RYE WILL BE THERE. WE WILL NOT DISRUPT THE CLASS
thanks for this great initiative DEFkab.

I know that you, me, and Spaced will form the core group; as even though we are supposed to be doing paid work in the hours specified, more often than not, we end up doing something that is more akin to 'chat work'.

I hope that sunny and others will turn up, as there are many who share a great interest in this Material, and don't get to 'free wheel' nearly often enough about our interpretations and understandings.

just to lock it in, that is next Tuesday for me, 3am time. Right in the heart of my shift!

peace brother.
I would show up but every time I've tried to make definitions agreeable in the past, I've just gotten crickets. I don't want to see the mess I will create in this type of discussion. Either that or me entirely ignored.
(06-18-2014, 05:47 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I would show up but every time I've tried to make definitions agreeable in the past, I've just gotten crickets. I don't want to see the mess I will create in this type of discussion. Either that or me entirely ignored.

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. I don't know you, personally, A1, but I've heard a lot about you. I'm sure your insight to these matters will be sorely missed.
[Image: e7a487af1abc458654386ed8dc8eb772cea17a24...3855ce.jpg]
Today was our first session! We had about 6 people show up to observe our workshop, which got off to a rocky start when our Moderator, Plenum, decided to move the workshop to what is CURRENTLY the Lounge Chatroom. Seeing as the Law of One chat is now a general chat by use, he is having the names switched around. For now, we will use the Lounge Chat as the location for our Workshop, seeing as no one goes in there.

While we didn't get through a lot of the Material, we did cover a lot of content.

It was important to establish the setting of the first session, which we did fairly well. We noted how there were three members in the first session, Carla, Don, and an Unknown Member named Leonard. If anyone has any information on Leonard to add to the next session, I will be grateful.
In the first Response, Ra states "I have not spoken through this instrument before," which causes intrigue as to why he used 'I' instead of 'We'. I suggest that the Entity speaking for the Complex that is Ra has been channeled before.
We also noted that despite a long history of channeling entities, a recent change was necessary for the group to contact Ra. This change could be the introduction of Jim to their group, however we also noted that Jim wasn't present at the first session. Leonard was, however, which lead us to suppose that it required three members to properly reach Ra.
The statement "We greet you in the love and in the light of our Infinite Creator" was pondered over briefly before a Bring4th user, Spaced, suggested that invocation of an intent could possibly strengthen the energies you devote to that intent. Ra may have been saying this for two reasons then; to let us be aware of his intent to work within the Law, and to strengthen his own resolve to act in accordance through invocation. This could have practical purposes in allowing motivation to be developed through invocation.
The last important topic discussed before we ended this first session was a line of questioning Ra asks Don rhetorically in his opening statement. "What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given?"
We have gathered that this line of questioning, beyond being used as a Punctuation for his opening statement (and a powerful one at that) can be used as a measuring tool for the polarity and balancing of the self. If, at the end of the day, you ask yourself these questions, it could help identify those thoughts that didn't contain love, or make yourself aware of services not given. Since this has the most potential for practical application, we stopped here.

The session lasted an hour and a half after the excitement of moving rooms settled down, and while there was a lot more discussed than what I put here, these are the topics we focused on. I encourage others to come, observe, and offer your insight to the questions we pull out of the material. In the meantime, we can look to today's session, and at the end, ask a series of questions. Which of our thoughts were of the original thought? Did we express love in our actions? Have we given our services freely?
I, for one, plan on asking myself these questions every day.
Wednesday saw another Study Group Session. In this one, we actually moved ground to cover a few responses from Ra. We left off only at 1.5, however, so there's still a great deal of work to be done.
We started back at 1.0, with Ra's introduction. We looked at his phrasing in "You are not part of a material universe," paying special attention to who we are, that's not part of a material universe.

Throughout the introduction, Ra moves from Carla to Don, and then to Leonard, before settling back into Carla. It really drives the need to get more information on Leonard.

Don's first question for Ra is regarding Ra's purpose. While delving into these responses, I got a lot of good feedback from those participating, particularly users Matt1 and Spaced. One of the revelations they provide is a naming system for 6 of the 8 densities that we are aware of. The naming, from First to Sixth, goes Awareness, to Growth, to Self, to Love, to Light, and then to Unity, each name representing the 'core' lesson to be learned in that density.

The biggest thing we explored was Ra's relationship with Ancient Egypt, at the time of Akhenaten. We noted the importance of the myth of his deformed head, which correlates to the 'location' that Ra pinpoints as the place contact with him occurs, near the back of the top of the head.

We also theorized on certain words that he used to explain the predicament he created from himself in Egypt. Of note was the word Decree, which Plenum pointed out had only been used twice in the Manuscripts, and both times in reference to Akhenaten. This lead us to believe that Ra told Akhenaten to Decree the Law of One, which meant Akhenaten had declared it law to believe in the Law of One. This correlates with history teaching about the period in Egypt when Akhenaten attempted to form a religion based around only one God, the Sun God. History taught us that the priests resented the change, and killed Akhenaten to prevent his works. This splintered Egypt, resulting in a doubling of their idols: 64 gods in total.
Immediately after, Ra mentioned that he was no longer in a 'Hypocritical place'. I came to the assumption that Ra was calling himself Hypocritical while he was dealing with Akhenaten, and wondered what he meant. I thought that Ra considered himself Hypocritical for having the Law be forced from an Authoritative standpoint, ignoring the Principle of Free Will that is so inherent to his lessons. While thinking on this, it seemed to reveal the exact relationship the Law of One has with this reality, as a describer, not a definer.

At any rate, we tossed around some ideas, made some startling revelations, and concluded that even in five queries, Ra has crushed so much useful data into this manuscript that it could take quite a while to digest it all.

We left the session with some good knowledge, and ideas on where we can take this further. A few comments came up as to the 'style' of studying, mentioning how hard it is to look at each piece of the puzzle without referring to other pieces. I agree, not referencing what you already know is difficult, but when you start at the beginning, it can help to look back when you reach a relevant point, instead of looking forward and losing the path.

The trends of participants is obvious, and my work schedule if hectic, so to accommodate, I'm altering the schedule of the Work Group to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. This'll allow more people to participate in more studies, and makes things a little easier on me to manage.

Please, I encourage you, if you have the time, show up to our study group. You could teach a lot, and possibly even learn a little.
I work during this time, so I can't usually hop on the chat.
(06-27-2014, 01:19 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I work during this time, so I can't usually hop on the chat.

I'm sorry Gemini. Unfortunately, I chose that time as it's when I'm at work, which means the opposite: I actually have MORE time here.

Unless you have a better solution to suggest, I think the best we can do is make sure these updates are as detailed as I can make them.
No worries. I like your summaries after the fact.
Yes referring to the use of the word 'decree' this can infer a contradictory position where the order by authority seems paradoxical to the first distortion.

I think we are all in for a intricate ride! I am sure though that as we progress through the sessions, reflecting back on earlier analysis can yield greater clarity.

Trying to refrain from using sessions beyond those that are studied sure is a toughy!
This sounds fun ^^.