Bring4th

Full Version: Resources for Studying Ra's Understanding of the Archetypal Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Ra Material was originally published in 4 books (with a 5th one including the sessions that covered personal matters).

In the fourth book (this one) the sessions entered their final phase with the treatment of the Archetypal Mind.

now for a lot of people, this is confusing and irrelevant material. I know I came to it from a background that did not involve tarot, and these images and the details seems somewhat abstruse and finicky. But it is in the details of one's explanations that the depth of one's understandings may be conveyed, and in Don's questioning and Ra's subsequent answers, a rich vein of subtlety and depth is exposed.

Ra also did emphasise that the archetypal mind was a tool that is most fruitfully utilised by the adept and those wishing to develop the magical personality further. But that is not to discount it's value to the 'ordinary' seeker, and those who are totally unfamiliar with the tarot.

but how to begin?

- -

[Image: s5EAJRg.jpg]

The Magician Card

- -

* what do the pictures look like? (of the archetypes)

there are 22 images, and they can be found here: http://www.lawofone.info/images/

Ra's depiction of the tarot cards (the major arcana) differrs from modern sets. It has the Egyptian flavor, as that is who they communicated this system to.

* where do I start reading? (about the archetypes)

session 76 is a good place to start. In particular, Don starts delving into this area with this question specifically:

Ra Wrote:76.6 Questioner: Sorry we have had such a long delay between the last session and this one. It couldn’t be helped I guess. Could you please tell me the origin of the tarot?

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=76#6

* what if I want to listen, instead of reading?

sometimes when you approach a new subject, attacking it from different modaliities can serve to stimulate new thoughts and forge new connections. Fortunately, a long time Law of One student by the name of Scott Mandelker has done a series of skype talks on the Ra Archetypes, which he later uploaded to youtube. I've organised them into a playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...w4XglBpKHE

Scott's understandings are his own (as are all the interpretations of Ra that we make), but he returns to the core text again and again to establish his reasoning basis. He quotes all the relevant material and brings it to life. Listening, as a method of learning, can quite often be more penetrating and longer lasting that just glancing over unfamiliar words on a page or screen.

- -
[Image: 347JUpQ.jpg]

The Fool Card

- -

* how do I 'imagine' the structure of the archetypes?

I can only share my own system, and it is by no means definitive. But it does help to have a visual structure of the archetypes in your own mind; both to see inner relationships, and to have a 'placeholder' for each card.

This is how my system 'works'.

1) a central pillar, with 7 cards, with card 1 at the base, and climbing one by one up to 7. The Magician is card 1, and Card 7 is the Chariot. These are the 'mind' archetypes.

2) another pillar, to the left, with 7 steps as well. It begins with card 8 at the base ('Balance') and ascends to card 14 which is the Alchemist.

3) another pillar, to the right of the first pillar, and these are the 'spirit archetypes'. It begins with card 15 at the base ('The Devil') and climbs to card 21 at the top ('The Cosmos').

4) one final card, which sits above and crowns the set. I place it above the central pillar, and this is card 22, The Choice. It is the culmination of 3rd Density work, and represents and acute and applied usage of catalyst in working through the many opportunities offered in this particular phase of existence.

* what are the 7 steps? (of the archetypes)

Ra's system of the archetypes has three cycles of 7 cards (the central pillar of the mind, the left pillar of the body, the right pillar of the spirit).

each of these cycles has 7 steps, and those steps have been given distinct names. They are:

1 & 2: the Matrix and the Potentiator
3 & 4: the Catalyst and the Experience
.....5: the Significator
6 & 7: the Transformation and the Great Way

once you can apply the name of the steps, then Ra's explanations will make greater sense as you can identify which specific portion of the archetypal structure he is addressing (and in what context).

the above naming convention is novel and not to be found outside of Ra's communication, but it is essential in grasping the understandings that are being offered.

for a little legwork in creating a mental visual system as above, and being able to label each step, there will be a way of 'incorporating' the knowledge into the self in a coherent and organised manner.

- -

anyway, those are some basic resources for beginning this study.

please feel free to add your own process/methodology.

regards,

Plenum
"We have no dogma to offer": http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...#pid158266

Ra never provided a clear understanding. They provided veiled hints and clues towards an understanding, citing that the student should form their own understanding.

I am referring to the title specifically.

It should be clearly noted that the dialogues about the archetypal mind were never properly completed.
This is one of my favorite resources: http://archetypalmind.wordpress.com/
Another resource worth looking into:

A Fool's Phenomenology

This book was written by a philosophy professor named Stephen Tyman, who is a long-time personal friend of L/L, as well as a capable channel in his own right--trained by Carla herself.
The fool card should be my calling card. Though I've been shown the magician archetype irl before.