Bring4th

Full Version: A mistaken idea of getting to know people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to keep it short:

People will see a young man struggling with problems in his life. So they take out a template out of their mind of "A young man that isn't doing X as I know how to do X." They say to themselves: "I did this as a youth and I corrected this by doing X as an adult. If it works for me, it works for them because I am an adult and I have the experience to be an authority on this matter."

They go to the young man and offer wisdom: "Hey, I see you're doing X this way. I do X this way. You should go ahead and listen to me."

The young man says: "If I do X that way I won't be happy. I desire something different."

"Son, listen, I have experience. Just do X that way, alright."

"No."

"You're very immature and lack responsibility. You need to open your mind."

And thus the discussions end indefinitely. Everybody thinks that everybody should think like them and thus the possibility of reconciling differences is considered moot. And our youth are indoctrinated into this same manner of thinking generation after generation.
I'll keep it short too. Do whatever you want to do. It's your life, your ideas, and your experience. People think that you can simply dole out wisdom and understanding. It turns out that the actually valuable lessons in life are won from years or decades of experience. If it is possible to bequeath wisdom on the level of soul I believe that would be considered breaking the law of confusion or of free will. A soul's lessons are hard fought, and hard earned. To take either of those away does a dis-service to One.
I do find the idea of how much we know people to be interesting. Because we can assume we know far more about a person than we actually do. For instance, when we engage with a person we only see the side they show to us. And if it is say a spiritual person. They could show us only their theorising and not their emotions. For instance. Or a potential partner shows us a very different side than she probably shows her girlfriends for instance.
I'm not usually good at giving advice, or reading people very well. I do believe what GR says about a soul's lessons being hard fought. Lessons are difficult to learn sometimes. Even though there's no real lesson beyond just experiencing.
Yup.

Unless folks question the programming going on beneath their own interpretation of their own events, they will never see the mystery within anyone, or anything.

As always in this 3rd density reality, empathy is key.
(06-18-2014, 07:54 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to keep it short:

People will see a young man struggling with problems in his life. So they take out a template out of their mind of "A young man that isn't doing X as I know how to do X." They say to themselves: "I did this as a youth and I corrected this by doing X as an adult. If it works for me, it works for them because I am an adult and I have the experience to be an authority on this matter."

They go to the young man and offer wisdom: "Hey, I see you're doing X this way. I do X this way. You should go ahead and listen to me."

The young man says: "If I do X that way I won't be happy. I desire something different."

"Son, listen, I have experience. Just do X that way, alright."

"No."

"You're very immature and lack responsibility. You need to open your mind."

And thus the discussions end indefinitely. Everybody thinks that everybody should think like them and thus the possibility of reconciling differences is considered moot. And our youth are indoctrinated into this same manner of thinking generation after generation.

Adonai One, this is a very interesting way to look at conversations. Smile
(06-18-2014, 07:54 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]And thus the discussions end indefinitely. Everybody thinks that everybody should think like them and thus the possibility of reconciling differences is considered moot. And our youth are indoctrinated into this same manner of thinking generation after generation.

it definitely seems true that those older and more experienced sometimes take on a divine right to 'guide' those who are younger and less (ostensibly) experienced.

but as always, a teacher-student relationship is entered into by both sides voluntarily, and it can't work if one side decides to 'preach'.
(06-23-2014, 07:13 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2014, 07:54 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]And thus the discussions end indefinitely. Everybody thinks that everybody should think like them and thus the possibility of reconciling differences is considered moot. And our youth are indoctrinated into this same manner of thinking generation after generation.

it definitely seems true that those older and more experienced sometimes take on a divine right to 'guide' those who are younger and less (ostensibly) experienced.

but as always, a teacher-student relationship is entered into by both sides voluntarily, and it can't work if one side decides to 'preach'.

Not always in a parent-child relationship, or student-teacher relationship that is forced in early academic institutions, negating potential and uncertain pre-incarnative aspects.
true. the power dynamic can be in play in family groups (dominant father/mother, or relative, even sibling) and in schooling institutions. In such cases, physical coercion (or even the threat thereof), is applied in a situation where there is no possible opportunity to say 'no' and to relocate. (which is something that is more open to an adult, rather than a child).

even the youngest entity is deserving of the highest respect.
When I was in an elementary school, they still did paddling if you misbehaved. I almost got paddled once but I cried so I didn't get hit.