Bring4th

Full Version: Sinning in the Bible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone think about this verse in the Bible?

It's from Hebrews 10.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=NIV

Is there truth to this? Or is God pure love and doesn't judge? I don't want to be wrong after all. Ra says that desires shouldn't be overcome. And the bible puts some desires as sin.
God's pure love.

But don't take my word for it. Discover it for yourself.
If God is judgemental I'll go to hell. Had enough of that s***.
(06-20-2014, 02:02 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]God's pure love.

I wonder if God is a step down from the Infinite Creator. And if God is one of many Creator Gods, creating Universes.
I believe that some sort of wrath does come from god against those 'witnesses against god'.

This is all a metaphor for the fact we sometimes know what to do and do not do it.
How do you fail at a game with no rules?
The book of hebrews is so far from what Jesus taught, it is ridiculous...

The book of hebrews (presumably written by Paul...) is an attempt to merge the sacrificial doctrine of the hebrews in with the teachings of Jesus.

Also, I would consider that verse as extreme hyperbole...
(06-22-2014, 06:41 AM)Marc Wrote: [ -> ]The book of hebrews is so far from what Jesus taught, it is ridiculous...

The book of hebrews (presumably written by Paul...) is an attempt to merge the sacrificial doctrine of the hebrews in with the teachings of Jesus.

Also, I would consider that verse as extreme hyperbole...

Good to know. Now I can worry less.
Hebrews is generally considered to be a non pauline epistle. I wouldn't place much credence in the current Biblical canon, and especially any modern translations, as literal. Much of the current scripture has been diluted and altered from it's original meaning which is highly metaphorical and littered with allegory to appease to a generally uneducated mass. Read the Gnostic cannons or the Pauline epistles if you must, but I really wouldn't place much credence in the text in terms of buying into the fear mongering.
(06-20-2014, 02:02 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]God's pure love.

My experience is in my mind God telling me to kill my dog, in order to save the Universe. And it was so believable I acted on it, but fortunately my dog survived. My experience with God isn't love, and you don't get what you pray for. "God" convinced me that I was going to prove to the world that he existed. "He" had me mentally throw my dog into a black hole, and compared my dog with Lucifer because he is a black dog.

I wish I could say I found love in God. Only one dream did I partially merge with God and felt some sort of bliss from that. God did rescue me once though when I was mentally being pulled into a black hole.

Where was God when I thought I was being microwaved by the Source Field, and I could see my flesh burning?
In my earlier post, I used God to refer to the Creator.

God does have a different connotation though, and in the past I wouldn't have used the word God for such a reference. I understand the issues involved with the word and it's associations.
Sin is a human concept. Sin doesn't exist.
(06-22-2014, 08:42 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Sin is a human concept. Sin doesn't exist.

I would go as far as to say that the concept of sin is a bunch of bull#$%^.
Yeah, the concept of sin is used by churches to control the masses. It guilts you into having to go to them to absolve yourself of the sin. And that Jesus died for our "sins". I wonder the true reason for Jesus death.
The verse simply describes the karmic imbalance that generates as a result of action after awareness. Meaning that if you know an act to be wrong, yet still do it, there is an energetic imbalance created.

You could imagine that the attempt to return to Source would be attempting to drag heavy resistance. And the continued forward attempt causes a "burning off" of this baggage that resists the movement towards light. This is the karmic energy, non light, baggage. "Uncomfortable"

Now that I think of it, "resistance" is described at the edge of each density.

Here is the same concept again.
Quote:, “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.”
Both are super condensed versions of the same story of the garden of Eden.
(06-22-2014, 08:55 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder the true reason for Jesus death.

The real reason Jesus died was because people wanted to kill him and he loved them so much that he let them.
(06-23-2014, 05:16 PM)Marc Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2014, 08:55 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder the true reason for Jesus death.

The real reason Jesus died was because people wanted to kill him and he loved them so much that he let them.

I had a dream where I was going to be crucified in the place of someone else who did it yearly. I didn't really want to, but I was somewhat willing to in order that the other person (I think an ET) wouldn't have to again. I told them that they weren't using big enough nails. I never got to the part about actually getting crucified because I was delaying it.

In some of my spiritual experiences I thought my mission was as epic as the mission that Jesus went through. But I kept telling myself that my sacrifice was nowhere near what Jesus went through. If the bible is correct, he was beaten before he was even crucified.

Then he chose when to give up his spirit. Sounds like he had some control over when he would depart.

I take it the only no-no in the Law of One is violating another's free will.