Bring4th

Full Version: The Little Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if little things take me out of harmony with my environment.

Say I'm meditating, and my mom's little dog wants to lick my feet or jump up on me and lie down. If I take him off of me, and place him on the floor, have I just demonstrated lack of harmony?

Our windchimes have a blue marble as the center weight, tied to a string. Sometimes this blue marble gets wrapped around a branch of a large shrub when the wind really knocks it up. Instead of simply undoing where it's tied up and leaving it, I tear off the limb so that it doesn't happen again. This has happened twice where I defaced the shrub. Was this me not acting out of love? If I had acted in love, would I not have just cleared the tie-up without hurting the shrub?

Third, when my mom walks into the room, I sometimes dread it, since I do try to meditate a lot and she comments on me "staring at the wall all day". Am I having disharmonious thoughts of her?

Fourth, when my mom's little dog is getting a drink of water, sometimes it gets on my nerves. Instead, I should be at peace with whatever noise the dog makes.

Does any of these little things affect my polarity? Do they make me less harmonious of a man?

Unbound

None of those are definitive of who you are, rather perhaps you can ask yourself, are you learning to know your own nature? Forget what anyone else thinks, how do YOU feel about these things?
(06-21-2014, 06:42 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]None of those are definitive of who you are, rather perhaps you can ask yourself, are you learning to know your own nature? Forget what anyone else thinks, how do YOU feel about these things?

They are little and I do them almost mindlessly. So they don't define who I am. Still, they teach me ways that I perhaps am not showing love as much as I could. When I meditate, I like to do so without distractions. It's just a personal preference. I concern myself with the purity of my love.

Unbound

What is "purity" in the context of love?
Less distorted.

Unbound

Distorted by what?
Distorted by an imperfection of harmony. I am not being harmonious.

Unbound

What is your understanding of harmony, my friend?
It's like unity, where everyone is open to others philosophies. There still might be disagreements, but they don't cause separation. With harmony, the veil is very thin, and people begin to see others as themselves, and as Creator.

More harmony means less separation. Or perhaps I should have used unity. Though unity is another step beyond harmony.

Unbound

So with that as your working idea, how do you conclude you are being disharmonious?
Because I am interfering in the natural progression of things, and making changes to things.

Unbound

Are your choices not part of the natural progression of things?
I guess they are. I just thought I was interfering.

Unbound

Aha No, my friend, you are participating.
gold stars for tanner

gw, what makes u think u can hurt a plant? plants love getting their branches chopped/torn off
(06-21-2014, 09:08 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]gold stars for tanner

gw, what makes u think u can hurt a plant? plants love getting their branches chopped/torn off

Good to know. I was wondering if they liked being pruned.
(06-20-2014, 08:21 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering if little things take me out of harmony with my environment.

Say I'm meditating, and my mom's little dog wants to lick my feet or jump up on me and lie down. If I take him off of me, and place him on the floor, have I just demonstrated lack of harmony?

Our windchimes have a blue marble as the center weight, tied to a string. Sometimes this blue marble gets wrapped around a branch of a large shrub when the wind really knocks it up. Instead of simply undoing where it's tied up and leaving it, I tear off the limb so that it doesn't happen again. This has happened twice where I defaced the shrub. Was this me not acting out of love? If I had acted in love, would I not have just cleared the tie-up without hurting the shrub?

Third, when my mom walks into the room, I sometimes dread it, since I do try to meditate a lot and she comments on me "staring at the wall all day". Am I having disharmonious thoughts of her?

Fourth, when my mom's little dog is getting a drink of water, sometimes it gets on my nerves. Instead, I should be at peace with whatever noise the dog makes.

Does any of these little things affect my polarity? Do they make me less harmonious of a man?

Gemini Wolf, this is a very interesting.