Bring4th

Full Version: Invoking Gratitude Daily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are all very grateful people, going about our day admiring the beauty in daily life and its situations. I find though that consciously invoking gratitude throughout the day seems to act as an energy cleanser, removing negative vibrations and makes way for a greater sense of beauty to wash over you.

Like I said, it's not as if we aren't already focused on living in the moment, but by consciously turning our attention to how grateful we are for what we have in the moment, or what has been giving to us to be here in this place now, that sending of energy outwards seems to be picked up by the external and is sent back. It is a small but very important ritual that aligns your thoughts and invokes a centered/focused state of consciousness. I guess I tend to think that there is always room for more and more gratitude throughout the day, and it's good to be reminded of it.

I was reminded of this when I participated in a sweatlodge last weekend. In Native American culture, gratitude is the central theme of their being, honoring nature's abundance, and I believe it is the first thing that is invoked in any ritual or ceremony. So sending out gratitude is how I start my day now.

Below is a musician who is deeply tied to and involved with Aborigines. It's a lovely chant about the reasons we are blessed. Singing, chanting, and dancing is a great way to honor the moment by channeling pure joy..an essential aspect of beingness.

I was reminded of Ra's description of vital energy Icaro:

Quote:63.7 The vital energy may be seen to be that deep love of life or life experiences such as the beauty of creation and the appreciation of other-selves and the distortions of your co-Creators’ making which are of beauty.

gratitude indeed!
I must not have much vital energy then. Though I wish it were different.
(06-22-2014, 11:21 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I was reminded of Ra's description of vital energy Icaro:

Quote:63.7 The vital energy may be seen to be that deep love of life or life experiences such as the beauty of creation and the appreciation of other-selves and the distortions of your co-Creators’ making which are of beauty.

gratitude indeed!

Fantastic post!

(06-22-2014, 11:38 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I must not have much vital energy then. Though I wish it were different.

I think you have plenty of it.
(06-22-2014, 11:21 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I was reminded of Ra's description of vital energy Icaro:

gratitude indeed!

It also reminds me of when some people observe others and say "They seem so full of life", and those they refer to have that deep appreciation mentioned.

This is such a lovely thread and Plenum I am going to read this before work every morning as an affirming start to the day.

Wonderful reference indeed!
(06-22-2014, 10:05 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Singing, chanting, and dancing is a great way to honor the moment by channeling pure joy..an essential aspect of beingness.

There was a time when I had such an excess of energy I had to randomly dance and throw my body around forcefully to fling it off, as it was driving me mad.

I've spoken tongues, though I don't know if they were real languages. One sounded like it might have been ancient Egyptian. There was even an alien language in there that just rolled off my tongue, and I felt like I had to speak it or I'd explode. Maybe words like that have power.

(06-22-2014, 02:28 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2014, 11:38 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I must not have much vital energy then. Though I wish it were different.

I think you have plenty of it.

Thanks. It makes me feel better. Earth's energy just feels prickly to me. It certainly isn't home.