Bring4th

Full Version: have you ever tried fasting? and what did you get out of it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
some recent discussions regards veggie diet got me to thinking a bit. Just before I switched over to vege 18 months ago (not a totally conscious choice, just following intuition/promptings), I had undergone 2 separate fasts.

First one was for 5 days.

Second one for 3 days.

I quite enoyed them both, but haven't revisited it since then.

have you fasted much? and what did you get out of it?
I tried fasting once for a day, but ended up drinking a Slim Fast. It was hard.

Edit: Once I did a Master Cleanse for a few days. You have to drink only lemonade sweetened with Maple Syrup, and salt water. Sometimes cayenne pepper is used in the lemonade to speed up metabolism. It's supposed to cleanse you out. I only lasted a few days on that. Like 2 or 3. Needless to say I didn't complete the cleanse. If I recall it's supposed to be 7 or 13 days.
I love water fasting. The light, clear feeling is great, especially after the habitual hunger wears off after the 3rd day of fasting (real hunger will reappear if your fat reserves are critically low).

I probably started experimenting with water fasting when I was 25. As a rough estimate, Over the past years I've done:
2 Five Day Water Fasts
2 Four Day Water Fasts
3 Three Day Waters Fasts
2 Two Day Water Fasts

By far, the Two and Three Day fasts are the hardest because most bodies are stubborn about switching over to full ketosis (you basically have a full days worth of energy stored in your liver). But once your body switches to burning your fat, it feels great.

However, you do get detox effects depending on how you've been eating and how many other times you've detoxed. I remember the first few times mind fogginess on the fourth day, metallic taste in my mouth, non-sick sore throat, mucus, etc.

My latest 5 day water fast earlier this month it was great. Still, suffered from insomnia after the 3 day because I needed so little sleep - full of energy as if I was meditating 24-7. Clear mind, faintly sweet taste on my tongue, slightly sore throat. Full energy on the 4th day as I shopped around for furniture for my new place and did some other stuff.

I haven't yet tried fasting with heavy meditating, as these days I mediate 1-2 times per week (but still work with energy when I'm sitting for a moment without closing my eyes), but the body feels great.

Back in the day, you really do feel weak through the fast. I thought maybe it was the hunger-starvation thing. But now that I've done it a few times it seems that weakness was more related to detox effects or so I speculate because I have tons of energy now. My body doesn't feel weak or if its starving at all. I've run a few miles in the fast before this last one earlier this year on the fourth day I think. You also really start to realize how much our eating is connected to emotion and boredom than actual need-based hunger. Overall, I think water fasting is a great experience. I hope to continue to do 3-4 Four Day Water Fasts a year. YMMV.
cheers xise.

My experiences have been pretty much the same. Re: the detox effects, and also needing much less sleep during the fasting period.

(06-28-2014, 06:31 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]You also really start to realize how much our eating is connected to emotion and boredom than actual need-based hunger.

I could add +5 to this BigSmile
do u realize u posted this the day the ramadan began?

i've never tried fasting bc when i go for an extended period of time w/o eating i get a headache
Water fasts are dangerous and unnecessary. Juice fasting with colonic irrigation is the ideal detoxification protocol.
It's Ramadhan for the family so I'm partaking in the yearly 30 day fast. Been looking forward to it (Not so much whilst you're half way through the day like I am right now though Lol).

Due to summer time it's no food or water for the better part of 20 hours each day (Sunrise - Sunset). Not going to the extremes of going without water though.
@ isis, nope, totally didn't realise. Just one of those happy co-incidences (so happy!).

@ Guardian, there are definitely multiple viewpoints on this. Juice fasting is favored by quite a few.

@ Horuseus, summer fasting huh? warm weather is usually recommended for fasting (much preferable to cold weather, which saps a lot of body heat), but dehydration is a real issue.
My entire spiritual journey started with a fast. I combined the 3-day water fast with meditation, yoga and focus on keeping my thoughts and actions pure. The results were amazing. During the kirtan (chanting) portion of the yoga class I attended (first ever) I started feeling really intense vibration in all my chakras - nothing subtle about it at all, more like being in one of those Sharper Image massage chairs. At that point I no longer had to decide whether or not to believe in chakras Smile and it ended up being the first of many steps away from any kind of a belief system towards a knowledge system. This being my first ever yoga session, I naively assumed this was an occurrence that happened with some frequency and the instructor would be able to explain it to me!

I continued doing 2-3 day water fasts every few weeks for years afterwards. The key, I always found, was to use the time exclusively for mental, physical, and emotional purification - whether by meditating, praying, doing reiki, yoga, whatever - the trick was to focus my intention at all times on the spiritual and the highest.

Dramatic changes occurred in my life after the very first fast. In those 3 days, I forever quit cigarettes, alcohol, weed, and became a vegetarian. I found that every subsequent fast gave me a huge boost in happiness, and that happiness would slowly dissipate over the subsequent weeks until the next fast. I discovered that negative thoughts were the cause of the dissipation - each nasty, mean or just plain unhappy thought would take a little tiny bit of happiness away, exactly like spending the balance on an emotional debit card until the next recharge. At that point, the concept of "living meditation" or life as meditation became extremely helpful.

Most recently, I had the most extraordinary experience during a fast. I walked through a little tiny patch of forest, maybe 100 yards square with a bench and one path through it. But everything was alive! I could see the energy within each tree. I hugged a tree and saw a huge stream of golden energy shooting upward through it in a continuous torrent. This may sound completely absurd, but I felt what it was like to be enormously tall and leafy. Yes, it's possible to feel leafy. No, I would not have previously guessed this to be the case.

I came across another tree and wrapped my arms around it, and suddenly knew that it was dying. It felt weary, as if it was breathing with difficulty. But it was peaceful nonetheless, and knowing that I could do nothing for it, I wished it a peaceful and comfortable passing. Later, I was told it was "not dying - graduating."

When I walked down the path, it felt like being in the magical forest in Avatar. I could feel and connect to the living force within every plant, animal, and insect around me. I had been planning to break the fast that evening, but suddenly my guides started telling me to go and eat (later, I discovered that when they started saying this, the only eatery nearby had been about to close in 15 minutes), but I kept replying, "what, and leave this magic and wonder behind? No way!".

About half an hour later, I happened to be standing in front of a mirror and couldn't understand why I seemed so oddly short and squat (I am not a short person). It was only the next day that I made the mental connection between that experience, and my empathic bonding with the tree that had obviously rubbed off on me in some way.

So yes, fasting. With pure intent and focus on the love and goodness of the Creator of this universe!
(08-14-2014, 12:28 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]I continued doing 2-3 day water fasts every few weeks for years afterwards. The key, I always found, was to use the time exclusively for mental, physical, and emotional purification - whether by meditating, praying, doing reiki, yoga, whatever - the trick was to focus my intention at all times on the spiritual and the highest.

Dramatic changes occurred in my life after the very first fast. In those 3 days, I forever quit cigarettes, alcohol, weed, and became a vegetarian. I found that every subsequent fast gave me a huge boost in happiness, and that happiness would slowly dissipate over the subsequent weeks until the next fast. I discovered that negative thoughts were the cause of the dissipation - each nasty, mean or just plain unhappy thought would take a little tiny bit of happiness away, exactly like spending the balance on an emotional debit card until the next recharge.

pretty powerful stuff Stranger!

I also like the idea that human beings - by virtue of being on this side of the Veil, and having not totally efficient use of catalyst - also take on board more than they can chew or handle, just by virtue of being alive and conscious.

Ra used this particular expression:

All that assaults your senses is catalyst.

and I think that sleeping and dreaming offers a form of healing to the self due to non-used or mis-skewed catalyst, but yet we also still hold onto a surfeit or surplus of experience that we can't utilise.

I can imagine that the symbolic act of fasting (much like how you described the observation of negative thoughts up above) is almost like an expulsion or ridding of excess material from the self, most exemplified by the physical loosening of what we no longer need by denying any extra inputs ('stopping food intake') until we can get rid of the excess/unused matter ('fasting').

In that way, it helps to regulate the system of the self, so that what comes into the system is either used for polarization, or if not able to be used, then expunged, so that it doesn't clog up the mental, physical, and spiritual circuits of the self.

but too often, we hold onto things ('emotions') long after they have served their notification function in alerting us that a catalyst has made itself aware to us. Being too 'retentive' in that way is actually not useful, as the emotion itself is usually a trigger for deeper inquiry, rather than the be-all and end-all of experience.

for younger entities - kids especially - we can retain these 'emotional prints' for a long time. As adults, we can be more aware, but everything thought and created in the past ('though forms') is still with us unless we make a conscious decision to 'do' something with it. Either utilize it, or finally bid it goodbye in some way.

- -

as you mentioned above, Stranger, fasting is not just a physical act, with no mental involvement. It can be an intensely powerful transformative experience for the Self!
Plenum, I see fasting as a symbolic expression of one's intent to see the spiritual as more important than the physical. Combining that with an exclusive focus on spiritually-oriented actions and thoughts throughout the fast is what gives it power.

Eventually, the act of fasting itself becomes less necessary, as purity and spiritual focus of actions and thoughts becomes a habit. One begins to see the sacred in the mundane, in every moment. (as Nagarjuna pointed out, samsara is nirvana; and Ra said, "look at another. See the Creator"). That takes practice.

Yet fasting still remains an exceptionally powerful tool, as I was recently reminded!
I think fasting is pointless and unbalanced. There is no reason to act against your body.
Fasting gives the digestive system a break, for one thing. Just physiologically speaking, the human body is constantly digesting food, and processing out what the body doesn't need. This is to say nothing of the ingested toxins from pesticides, etc. that the liver and kidneys deal with. Some healing in the digestive tract can occur also when not continually bathed in digestive acids (ulcers for instance).

Emotionally, fasting breaks the addictive cycle of eating. We eat for many reasons—rarely only for fuel for the body.

Spiritually, it loosens the tether to physical and mental/mind focus.

Fasting is difficult at first, because we are so used to eating at regular intervals. But at a certain point (2-3 days in approx), you feel an energy increase that sustains until you break the fast. It's almost euphoric. Of course, I would recommend sensible fasting, whatever that entails for you.

There are also fasting-type cleanses such as the "lemonade diet." The lemonade diet involves drinking a mixture of water, fresh lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. That way you get nutritional value (lemon, maple syrup), and anti-inflammatory support (cayenne) while you detox.
They also call that lemonade diet the master cleanse.
Just finished a 10 day juice fast. Last year I did a 7 day water fast.

The juice fast is by far and away the most effective fast. It gives you all the nutrition you need to detox while making you feel full. The juice fast must be done with freshly made (preferably organic juices). These must be accompanied with colonics every 3 days or coffee enemas nightly. If you don't cleanse the bowel, toxic mucus will accumulate and make you feel ill.

Other than that, juice fasting is the single most effective way to heal from any illness. You will lose weight and feel great.
Don't colonics cause bad intenstinal cramping?
Recent study about how a 3 day water fast regenerates the immune system (it is a recent study, so take with a grain of salt until it's results are reproduced): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1...finds.html

"Fasting for as little as three days can regenerate the entire immune system, even in the elderly, scientists have found in a breakthrough described as "remarkable".
Although fasting diets have been criticised by nutritionists for being unhealthy, new research suggests starving the body kick-starts stem cells into producing new white blood cells, which fight off infection."
That's awesome xise. Though I get dizzy and headachy if I fast more than a day.
(08-17-2014, 01:32 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]That's awesome xise. Though I get dizzy and headachy if I fast more than a day.

The dizziness and headaches are normal for fasting as your blood sugar drops and your body switches to ketosis for energy. They should disappear after the 2nd or 3rd day at the latest. I usually only feel that way for 8-18 hours between the 1st and 2nd day.
Fasting can refer to either water only, or liquids only. Just no solid food. I have fasted dozens of times. I did fresh juices only.

Many alternative health practitioners agree that a juice fast is much healthier than a water fast. It provides an even better detox, without feeling depleted. I was able to keep working when I fasted, though it's nice if you can take some time off and just do yoga and meditation. Yoga or walking are recommended, but avoid intense exercise during the fast.

The first 3 days can be challenging, depending on how prepared one is. Most of the time, when I did a fast, I felt a sudden spiritual impulse to do so, so I instantly lost all interest in food. Food might as well have been made of cardboard! A glass of fresh carrot/celery/cucumber/greens juice was like an elixir of Light. I could feel it absorbing into my cells and give sustenance.

By day 4, I felt high. This lasted for the duration of the fast. I had heightened spiritual clarity...so amazing...impossible to describe! Everything was crystal clear...Acute mental clarity...a feeling of Peace and Oneness.

The high was much, much better than any drug high! I quit weed more than 30 years ago, because the high from fasting was so much better.

I fasted mostly for the spiritual benefits, but there are physical benefits too. They go together. Old negative emotions are stored in the cells and get released. Let them go.

Skin glowed, energy soared. If I felt low energy, juice would immediately restore my energy.

After 1-2 weeks, interest in food returned. That's when I knew it was time to break the fast.

It's important to introduce food gradually. Only raw fruit the first day, salads and steamed veggies the 2nd day. If you eat something heavy too fast you might feel sick.

I highly recommend fasting at least once a year, for physical cleansing and spiritual clarity. I recommend doing a least a week, to get the full benefits. Doing less than 3 days can be difficult without the 'high' benefits. Hunger disappears after day 3, for sure, so have patience.

I never had any major detox during a fast, probably because I was already a vegetarian. But going from a heavy diet to a juice fast might trigger a rapid detox, which can be uncomfortable (nausea, runny nose, headaches, etc.) which passes and is a good thing.

Also, you want to keep things moving. Psyllium is good in water in the mornings. Also the 'Master Cleanser' is good too. And, of course, if you have access to medical-grade Electrolyzed Reduced Water, that will turbo-charge your detox. (PM me about that.)
I wonder how smoker (cigarettes) should fasting - without smoking? I mean I can stop eating, but to stop smoking is far harder for me :p
[Image: jesusfacepalm.jpg]
(09-22-2014, 12:55 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how smoker (cigarettes) should fasting - without smoking? I mean I can stop eating, but to stop smoking is far harder for me :p

Fasting can help end any addiction - sugar, coffee, soda, alcohol, meat, drugs, cigs, etc. It would likely be hard the first 3 days, but if you can get past that, you're home free!
(06-28-2014, 05:33 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]some recent discussions regards veggie diet got me to thinking a bit. Just before I switched over to vege 18 months ago (not a totally conscious choice, just following intuition/promptings), I had undergone 2 separate fasts.

First one was for 5 days.

Second one for 3 days.

I quite enoyed them both, but haven't revisited it since then.

have you fasted much? and what did you get out of it?

Immediately after a full blown kundalini i started extreme fasting. I would drink juice five days a week and eat on the weekend. That kept up for several months. Prior to kundalini I've fasted off and on, one time I did three days with no food and no water. I was so hungry for answers then, I cared little for my body or comfort. Definitely don't recommend that lol.

The most benefits I've experienced with fasting was during a forty day water fast last year. It was tough. All through that catalyst I was able to tap into intelligent infinity, as Ra calls it, and do interesting things. The latter half of the forty days was very peaceful. I had absolutely no fear and no desires. Everything that I wanted i manifested within a few hours to a few days of wanting it, depending on what it was. I got many answers very quickly then, was able to access higher self and almost talk to it. We had short, very precise exchanges whenever a question would pop up. I couldn't learn fast enough. Chakras activated, cleared, overactivated, etc throughout this time and I was very sensitive to energies in and around me. My aura was interesting as well, from what friends said. Intelligent infinity was fun to experience but there were many moments that I couldn't figure out. Information coming through the indigo center can be quite elusive to the 3D brain lol. I had a friend that was fasting with me and he had a huge resume, if you will, of many years of accessing intelligent infinity. I was the newbie. I almost died during the end of the forty days because I started when my body weight was already low. I lost almost forty pounds maybe more idk. I could barely walk, barely think. My brain was sluggish even when processing basic thoughts so I relied on intuition and psychic phenomena to "
think" for me in many situations. The day I resumed eating I couldn't sleep for three days and felt more alive than I had ever been since kundalini, and I could see auras so clearly it confused me. I had no idea why some people were glowing like light bulbs, until I asked higher self. So many things you can do with words and thoughts in that state. I could read diseases, influence and glimpse the future and other stuff that I wont say at this time. I lost all interest in mundane things and felt really detached from everyone. It was lonely, yet fulfilling at the same time. I was willing to die for answers lol kind of extreme and not recommended. I'm glad I found the Ra materiel recently it's been very enlightening and his perspective is awesome. Many "aha!" moments during reading lol. Not done with all five books yet, working on book 3 Smile

I'm sorry this is such a long post...
I've only done 1 day fasts (on purpose) but it helped heal my damaged joints and detox a bit.
severus, a truly fascinating post. Could you say more about your experience accessing intelligent infinity? I haven't got there yet - very curious!
(10-07-2014, 08:52 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]severus, a truly fascinating post. Could you say more about your experience accessing intelligent infinity? I haven't got there yet - very curious!

I would be delighted to answer any questions you have about it. My experience with intelligent infinity is not as vast as I would like, but still working on understanding its mechanics from this 3d view. I'm sure you're aware of the heavy distortion factor; I'll do my best to minimize that. Hopefully I can be of service Smile

Kinda new to the whole forum thing, maybe a discussion on accessing intelligent infinity should be moved to a new thread?
How did you know that you had accessed intelligent infinity, and what was the experience like for you? I am aware that metaphors may be required.
I did numerous one day fasts over the course of a year and a half. I was able to lose around 90 pounds ( I was up to 300) doing so. I have since gained back around 40 after keeping the weight off about a year because of my panic attacks... If I try to fast now, I get intense hunger pangs which usually set off an attack.

I really enjoyed the days I fasted as I felt very 'spiritual'.

I also think I saw an article somewhere recommending alternate-day fasting for health reasons.
(10-07-2014, 10:16 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]How did you know that you had accessed intelligent infinity, and what was the experience like for you? I am aware that metaphors may be required.

I suppose a good word to describe the experience would be "surreal". I didn't feel exactly human and felt very disconnected to people but very connected to nature and creation. When we step through that door and we become empowered by cosmic intelligence, it's impossible to not know it. You'll be omniscient, in a way, but bound by time in its expression. You'll feel invincible and you will feel immortal. You will shed all desire and live in the now, every moment and sensation is brand new. Your brain turns off and fades into the background and psychic senses take over. When calling upon intelligent infinity to do work, there was supreme confidence that anything I desired would happen. When you formulate a command there's a surge of energy through your chakras and through indigo ray, then when you activate the command that energy releases into it. There's a very distinct energy release. Do it a lot and you can get tired. Once the energy is released you will feel a massive surge of joy and bliss, kind of like gratitude, and the whole time you're on the best high of your life. Whenever I made commands in this way I always got the results I wanted. There was no good or evil, and I commanded both. Ever since the kundalini I've felt immortal but it wasn't until Ra talked about bypassing harvest did I understand what it meant.

That being said, I strongly feel that there are different levels of tapping intelligent infinity. What I mentioned just now is when you experience consciousness through indigo ray itself. It's very possible and somewhat common for people to access more distorted levels of infinity while remaining in 4D consciousness. You wont get the same high though.

I'm hoping there are more people on here that has had similar experiences, I feel very alone in the world sometimes but its getting better as I learn balance.
Pages: 1 2