Bring4th

Full Version: Water into Wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A good friend of L/L's asked that I share a link to an interesting "intention experiment" featured on Lynn McTaggart's The Intention Experiment website at:

http://www.theintentionexperiment.com/re...riment.htm

Seems to my mind solid evidence of action-at-a-distance. Though I think we have light years to go before we can skip the wine store and bring our thought-modified water to the party.

Smile GLB
Hmm, I can turn water into wine in just a few years.
I'll pour the water on the ground and get back wine above the ground.
All I need is a hillside in Tuscany; some vines; and a few vats.
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I wasn't very impressed with this research. I normally love to see any sort of paranormal research, but I found this underwhelming.

They said: We do well to realize that just a change of a half pH in our bodies would cause life-threatening illness, if not kill us.

This is misleading. While it's true that the pH of our blood must be maintained within a very narrow range (7.35 - 7.45), the pH or our organs and tissues may have a much wider range, spanning down into the 5 range or even lower.

(Keep in mind that the pH scale is logarithmic; thus, 7 is 10 times more alkaline than 6, and 100 time more alkaline than 5, and 1000 time more alkaline than 4, etc.)

pH of water can vary quite easily. I've witnessed a drop of 2 whole points just by leaving a glass of water without a lid, ie. exposed to the air. 2 points translates to a factor of 100.

The researchers admitted that one beaker was closer to the computer monitor than the other, and that this could have accounted for the difference in temperature. This, in turn, could have accounted for the difference in pH.

Quote: our decrease in pH during the exact time we sent intention was paralleled by a small but measurable decrease in temperature (compared to the matched control

Bottom line is that there is a variable here: temperature. Not all variables were accounted for. The difference in pH was slight. Their reference to the narrow range of blood pH seems to be deceptively attributing greater significance to a relatively tiny difference in pH. With blood pH, yes, but we're not dealing with blood pH here; we're dealing with water pH.

Speaking of which, tap water contains many other elements and is certainly not 'pure' water so I am surprised that they would choose tap water for their experiment.

Additionally, changing the pH of water is hardly turning it into wine. I work with water spanning a pH range of 2.5 to 12. The high end of that spectrum is 1 billion times more alkaline than the lower end! And yet, it's still just water. It's not fermented grape juice.

I'm all in favor of some reputable paranormal research. But I don't think this is it. They need to tighten up their controls.
I agree. This could have easily and should have been tried with:
- distilled water
- neutral pH (which would remain neutral unless influenced)
- controlled temperature

Why such a sloppy control set I wonder?
I agree. Poor science. I don't think the PC should even be in the same room, as EM interference could be an issue. Water has been also shown to be affected by people's emotional state.

When I bless my water before drinking it, it actually tastes different. Though I've not been able to majorly change the taste of it. It does feel a little thicker as best as I can put it. It's about pouring love into it and such.
But water into wine. Well, that's a few steps above cloud busting.
(02-23-2010, 11:25 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I bless my water before drinking it, it actually tastes different.

Funny you should say that. I have a container which has words written on it, love, happiness, humility, compassion, joy, etc etc., about 50 in total. I drink only four stage reverse osmosis water, and place it in this container. I then bless the water, loving it.

I had a friend over the other night. He asked for a glass of water. After he drank it, he said "May I have another glass? That is the best water I have ever tasted! Better than reverse osmosis, distilled, store bought.. it is so good!" I chuckled, and told him to buy a container and write loving words on it.
Cool. I don't exactly have a system that sophisticated set up. But I will consider doing those positive words on the containers. I want to get symbols from different languages as well. Since there are so many Chinese people, those symbols might have more power to them. I notice my older dog has more energy when he drinks the water I've blessed with love.
Wow. Guess I should trust less and read more before making a statement about "solid evidence". RollEyes

Thank you for the critical reviews, group!

Wink GLB
It is not the amount of people using the word or the language which the word stems from; it is the meaning behind the word itself. It has been often said that the Hebrew language is a sacred language, and this is true. The reason this language is sacred is because the original intent of it to be sacred, but any language/words can be sacred if the intent that it be so comes from the user. Removing negative words from one owns daily speech is a great beginning. Intending to use words in the will of the One Creator then makes each and every word sacred.

The words "love" and "light" are the two most powerful, but any words associated with, or stemming from those two words, will have power in the positive as well.
(02-23-2010, 01:26 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Guess I should trust less and read more before making a statement about "solid evidence". RollEyes

Thank you for the critical reviews, group!

Wink GLB

Your post was most worthy Gary Smile

Even the experiment itself has value, though poorly done. In order to make the wheel, I'm sure it took many tries to get it round Wink
(02-23-2010, 01:26 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Guess I should trust less and read more before making a statement about "solid evidence". RollEyes

There have, at least, been many other similar experiments that are more solid. One that comes to mind is probably also the most well known, the Global Consciousness Project. The short summary of this is that global attention during major world events (such as the '04 Tsunami, or most recent Haitian earthquake) has an impact on the material world (in this case, changing the results of truely random number generators). It is not without controversy of course- for this is a bold proclamation to make in a mostly materialistic science world. However the project has been on-going for ten years and skeptics have yet to make serious claims against it...!

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

There are some fun video links in my link in my signature, just open the "find" function on your web browser and enter the worlds "global consciousness project" Smile