Bring4th

Full Version: Doing "work," STO, STS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Work - Catalyst accepted towards a certain desire

Service-to-others - Work towards reaching the desire of universal acceptance of all people and their desires

Service-to-self: Work towards only reaching the desires of the self regardless of others

Are these definitions agreeable?
(06-29-2014, 06:27 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Work - Catalyst accepted towards a certain desire

Service-to-others - Work towards reaching the desire of universal acceptance of all people and their desires

Service-to-self: Work towards only reaching the desires of the self regardless of others

Are these definitions agreeable?

Nope Smile

For me, the hallmark of STS is "at the expanse of others" part.

Working towards only reaching the desires of the self regardless of others is STO. Selfishness is not STS.

If you are not exploiting others for your personal benefit you are not walking the STS path.
I basically agree, given Patrick's addendum. I think it's an important point that 3rd density, being the density of social interaction, is heavily based on social interaction, and so most polarization will take place through this means. A truly adept Service to Self individual would know exactly how to use and manipulate "all which are in relationship to it," similarly to how a Service to Others adept would "love all which are in relationship to it."

Also, I wouldn't classify work as "catalyst accepted" for both polarizations, as Ra describes: "Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst." But if you substitute "acceptance" and instead say "use of catalyst towards a certain desire," then I think that works.

I also think that, from that point, "work" can be broken down based on what stage of development an individual is in. If one carries many imbalances and biases (within their chakras), work could likely refer to something like the balancing exercises that Ra gives. Typically a person with significant imbalances will be experiencing intensive and continuous catalyst. Work could also be a general striving to "understand the self," a la the teachings Ra gives in 5.2 (in 5.2, this information is given as steps to begin learning to heal, but in 15.14, Ra says these exercises can be used in a more general sense).

I suppose the word "work" could also be substituted for "learning/teaching." I think this passage is a good example of work which is learning/teaching:

Quote:42.2
The exercise of first experiencing feelings and then consciously discovering their antitheses within the being has as its objective not the smooth flow of feelings both positive and negative while remaining unswayed but rather the objective of becoming unswayed. This is a simpler result and takes much practice, shall we say.

The catalyst of experience works in order for the learn/teachings of this density to occur. However, if there is seen in the being a response, even if it is simply observed, the entity is still using the catalyst for learn/teaching. The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.

Doing any of this kind of work, for a positive individual, would ultimately be as you pointed out: moving towards "the desire of universal acceptance of all." That is the ultimate goal, met with smaller goals such as balancing a current imbalance, or accepting a current catalyst.
I actually agree with the statement that STS is "of the self, regardless of others" instead of "at the expense of others." Though in practice, at least in 3D & 4D, I think it's easy for regardless of others to become at the expense of others. Mild support exists in at least one quotation for this in Ra's description of 5th Density Negative 'Orion' Entities that is at the end.

However, I'm not sure I agree with putting everything in terms of 'desire.' Nor do I think I agree with putting the STO path only in terms of acceptance - I think understanding and many other subconcepts of love are fairly crucial and distinct from acceptance. However, acceptance for sto and desire in general are primary concepts in polarity work.

In short, I think the definitions are workable A1 but I'm not sure I agree completely because of those two issues described above.

Quote:48.6 Questioner: Thank you. That cleared it up very well. A very important point. Can you tell me how positive and negative polarizations in fourth and fifth density are used to cause work in consciousness?
Ra: I am Ra. There is very little work in consciousness in fourth and in fifth densities compared to the work done in third density. The work that is accomplished in positive fourth is that work whereby the positive social memory complex, having, through slow stages, harmoniously integrated itself, goes forth to aid those of less positive orientation which seek their aid. Thus their service is their work and through this dynamic between the societal self and the other-self which is the object of love, greater and greater intensities of understanding or compassion are attained. This intensity continues until the appropriate intensity of the light may be welcomed. This is fourth-density harvest.

Within fourth-density positive there are minor amounts of catalyst of a spiritual and mental complex distortion. This occurs during the process of harmonizing to the extent of forming the social memory complex. This causes some small catalyst and work to occur, but the great work of fourth density lies in the contact betwixt the societal self and less polarized other-self.

In fourth-density negative much work is accomplished during the fighting for position which precedes the period of the social memory complex. There are opportunities to polarize negatively by control of other-selves. During the social memory complex period of fourth-density negative the situation is the same. The work takes place through the societal reaching out to less polarized other-self in order to aid in negative polarization.

In fifth-density positive and negative the concept of work done through a potential difference is not particularly helpful as fifth-density entities are, again, intensifying rather than potentiating.

In positive, the fifth-density complex uses sixth-density teach/learners to study the more illuminated understandings of unity thus becoming more and more wise. Fifth-density positive social memory complexes often will choose to divide their service to others in two ways: first, the beaming of light to creation; second, the sending of groups to be of aid as instruments of light such as those whom you’re familiar with through channels.

In fifth-density negative, service to self has become extremely intense and the self has shrunk or compacted so that the dialogues with the teach/learners are used exclusively in order to intensify wisdom. There are very, very few fifth-density negative Wanderers for they fear the forgetting. There are very, very few fifth-density Orion members for they do not any longer perceive any virtue in other-selves.
I would even go so far as to say:

"Work - Catalyst accepted"

But neither this nor the original is, I feel, a good total summary. What is healing in regard to "Catalyst accepted towards a certain desire"? What is control in regard to this?

I don't have any good answers, personally.
Work - the endeavoring to accomplish something

ST0 - working to show acceptance of all others and sometimes gently offering guidance

STS - working to gain control of others by convincing them of my correctness

That definition of work might meet with Physics Professor Elkins's approval.

To help differentiate the definition of STS with pure selfishness, consider polarity: I don't gain STS polarity by being more selfish; I gain it by having more dedicated followers.
Our language already has a definition for work:

Activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

Isn't that acceptable?

Also I think we should note the "service" part of Service-to-others and Service-to-self. Service-to-others isn't really about accepting everything, it's about serving everything, and likewise Service-to-self is about being self serving. Smile

so maybe

STO - Orientation of mental or physical effort towards serving all creation.

STS - Orientation of mental or physical effort toward serving self.

Gets iffy though, since I'm sure at least some STS entities believe they are serving all creation as well.