Bring4th

Full Version: Jade Buddha for Universal Peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

The Jade Buddha for Universal Peace is on tour and recently came to my area...My friend posted a picture of an interesting light display that happened over the temple where the Buddha was on display...According to some news reports and eye witnesses the is a regular occurance.

[Image: 25462_1238140403543_1530260510_30531313_5159567_n.jpg]

here is a link to a video on youtube when the Buddha was on display in Escondido Ca...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-TENcEogOg

Heart
zanny
beautiful picture, zanny. thanks for sharing it.
What's a jade buddha?
(02-22-2010, 11:55 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]What's a jade buddha?

From the web-site...

The Jade Buddha

Phra Viriyang’s connections with Canada began, once again, with a dramatic vision. It was in 1987 that he first dreamed of building a giant Buddha image from the strongest, most lasting material possible - jade - although the chances of finding a suitable block of sufficient size were remote to say the least.

Properly known as nephrite, jade was once considered more valuable than gold by the Chinese who refined the carving of it into a major art form during the Ming dynasty. Today, Canada is one of the few places left on earth where good quality nephrite can still be found and it was here that Phra Viriyang directed his search. He visited the country several times himself and urged his contacts there to continue looking for a solid piece large enough to create his Buddha statue. Despite their vigilance, nothing was found.

Then, on an auspicious day in November, 1991, as he was meditating, Phra Viriyang had another vision. This time, he saw an enormous jade boulder. Immediately, he informed one of his Canadian friends who in turn contacted Kirk Makepeace, president of Jade West Resources Ltd., the largest jade mining outfit in British Columbia. On a date coinciding with Phra Viriyang’s vision, a massive 32-ton jade block had been discovered more or less where he had pictured it - 10 metres below the waters of a river, 70 kilometres away from the nearest jade mine...More

BigSmile
That's an interesting story! Art that can endure for thousands of years.

It's much easier to clearly see the art in the video than on the web site. Marvelous depiction of gentle compassion for the world.

The guy in the video seems so peaceful, happy and very, very delighted! The news clip shows that lots of devotees and some curious people came by to show their respect. If just a fraction of the four million visitors on this tour find that their visit helps raise their consciousness, would that be enough to bring about world peace?

Thanks for sharing this here. I'd never have heard of it otherwise.
On my desk in front of me I have:
- a candle which I burn during meditation, and
- a quartz pyramid which I place under my head once a week for about 28 minutes, and
- a jade Buddha I bought in China. He helps me with my meditations when I ask BigSmile
(02-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]On my desk in front of me I have:
- a candle which I burn during meditation, and
- a quartz pyramid which I place under my head once a week for about 28 minutes, and
- a jade Buddha I bought in China. He helps me with my meditations when I ask BigSmile

Interesting. Where did you find a quartz pyramid?
It will be a few months before I can make my wooden one.
I did have a Malachite dog once. But the Buddha sounds interesting.
(02-23-2010, 11:41 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Where did you find a quartz pyramid?
It will be a few months before I can make my wooden one.
I did have a Malachite dog once. But the Buddha sounds interesting.

I will take a pic today and post it.

The quartz pyramid I had to look around metaphysical stores for. I went to a number of different stores that sold rocks and crystals books, incense, items, etc. At some stores they wanted $70 (some wanted $70 for plastic pyramids!); I found the one I have for $12. They only had two in pristine condition, the rest being over 70 degrees or having chipped corners. I bought the two, gave one to a friend (with use instructions and cautions), and kept one for myself.

The Buddha I have is much lighter and more translucent jade than the giant one. In the east, many factors go into assessing the quality of jade; not too dark, not too light, and an even translucency is sought after. Only in the west is dark green jade thought to be of value, so I found it interesting then that this giant Buddha is made of very dark opaque jade and that that is acceptable. I would like to see two or three men easily lift this giant Buddha, after meditation, as the monk suggested. The light over the giant Buddha is spectacular though, as is the Buddha itself. Thanks for sharing that zanny Smile

I had a very interesting meditation last night after reading about the giant jade Buddha. I asked The Buddha to help me deepen my consciousness upon beginning the meditation, in addition to Q'uo. I went places I had never gone before. I filled with light like I never have, each breath lit me up like a small star. At one point when I was in a great light, I was plunged into almost complete darkness, with only distant stars around me. I had a face go by me from right to left, and it startled me. I asked for this being to identify itself in the name of Christ, and from in front, coming to and going through me, came the alabaster face of the Buddha. None of this frightened me. It was beautiful, the light, the dark, the Buddha. It was the longest meditation I have had yet to date, and I felt so blessed to have had it.
(02-23-2010, 11:41 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Where did you find a quartz pyramid?

You may want to try ebay as well. I have pyramids of different types of rocks and crystals mostly from ebay.
(02-23-2010, 01:52 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]- a quartz pyramid which I place under my head once a week for about 28 minutes, and

Have to tried or accidently went over 28 minutes? if so what happened?
Most of the time I just do 20 minutes to be extra safe, but I have fallen asleep a couple of times. My higher self or angels, I can't say which, takes care of me, always wakes me at 28 minutes on the nose...

I just go for 28 minutes. Ra stated no more than once per seven days for thirty minutes, so this is my goal.
Pictures. Click to enlarge.

Buddha Front
[attachment=97]

Buddha Back (Note the marbling and translucency)
[attachment=98]

My quartz pyramid
[attachment=99]
Peregrinus, thank you for sharing your profound meditation. What a deep experience of love and grace that must have been.