Bring4th

Full Version: What is a 'disciplined personality'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra uses this exact phrase on two occasions:

Quote:74.9 Ra: I am Ra. We cannot say that you speak incorrectly but merely less than completely. The disciplined personality, when faced with an other-self, has all centers balanced according to its unique balance. Thusly the other-self looks in a mirror seeing itself.

and

Quote:52.7 Instead, we appreciate and recommend the use of your second verb in regard to the use of the will. Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path.

although the 'disciplines of the personality' are mentioned elsewhere: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=d...e&l=30&o=r

Ra references the Will and Balance in the above two quotes.

- -

how do you understand a 'disciplined personality' (or to expand the scope, the 'disciplines of the personality')?

in common usage, the word discipline can easily be mistaken for 'control', rather than the intended context here of 'trained' or 'directed' or 'tempered'.

is a disciplined personality like a baseball hitter, someone with a lot of power, but he needs to know when (and how) to swing? Perhaps like a Barry Bonds (well, maybe not like a Barry Bonds lol.) But someone who knows his game (and the full game for that matter).
Its funny but in order to contribute my understanding I typed 'become the creator' as your post reminded me of that phrase. After reading through I would imagine 'being' that disciplined personality is like an instant call when faced with an other self. To be aware that you are a real breathing representative of the creator, absent of fear and in that zone referred to where the moment and subsequent ones seem effortless.

Quote:74.11 Questioner: Now, what I am trying to get at is how these disciplines affect the energy centers and the power, shall I say, of the white magician. Could you, will you tell me how that works?

Ra: I am Ra. The heart of the discipline of the personality is threefold. One, know yourself. Two, accept yourself. Three, become the Creator...

This 'essence' of being seems to me to note the experiential definition of oneness. They continue...

Quote:The third step is that step which, when accomplished, renders one the most humble servant of all, transparent in personality and completely able to know and accept other-selves....

To be trusted in service to the creator is surely to result in a sense of deep humbleness and gratitude. Yes I agree that a lot of power must be felt here which is why I feel Ra refer to themselves as being 'humble' messengers.

Put simply to be disciplined is to 'become' in my analysis.

Yoda from Star Wars would be a good comparison of a disciplined personality!
'do, or do not... there is no try...' -Master Yoda
I believe discipline is self-control. Weather you use it to accept/deny is irrelevant. It is an amoral quality much like power.
I think that the term "disciplined personality" or "discipline of the personality" may depend on context, not just throughout densities but also within 3rd density. I think a very applicable way to view discipline of the personality is one who has obtained blue ray honesty and can then do their shadow work diligently as they go through life experiencing catalyst. To be disciplined in this sense would be to consistently have one's attention turned towards the catalyst and intention turned towards interpretation, continually examining one's biases, balancing and accepting them, and then choosing positive or negative interpretations. I think this passage is relevant:

Quote:94.12
Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be more acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if the entity had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst, and also the other would be true for accepting more negative if the left-hand path were the one that was repeatedly chosen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path.

I think that, in this sense, the discipline shifts first from diligently identifying one's biases and imbalances and smoothing them over, to diligently identifying and choosing positive interpretations for one's chosen path. But, then again, this could be two different ways of saying the same thing.

Once one is sufficiently polarized, likely in another density, this discipline probably takes a different meaning in a different context. But ultimately, I think that the discipline is dedicating oneself to the type of work that Ra describes and keeping one's attention turned in the direction of self-evolution.

Unbound

I believe that if one wants to understand what Ra means by discipline, one must look to the root concept of a disciple. A disciplined individual is one that has undergone training in order to train a skillset.

What is the skill of the personality?

I believe discipline of the personality ultimately means the ability to craft and shape the personality at will.
(07-01-2014, 02:30 AM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]I believe discipline of the personality ultimately means the ability to craft and shape the personality at will.

Or perhaps, the ability to know in the moment the right thought, word or deed that accepts fully self, other-self and which honors/advances your chosen polarity/purpose.

It is the ability to have an instantaneous understanding of your own filters/biases; the apparent perfections and flaws of the other-self; and the needs of the moment.

Jean Luc Picard!

I aspire to this.
Quote:52.2: To the disciplined entity, all things are open and free. The discipline which opens the universes opens also the gateways to evolution. The difference is that of choosing either to hitchhike to a place where beauty may be seen or to walk, step by step, independent and free in this independence to praise the strength to walk and the opportunity for the awareness of beauty.

The hitchhiker, instead, is distracted by conversation and the vagaries of the road and, dependent upon the whims of others, is concerned to make the appointment in time. The hitchhiker sees the same beauty but has not prepared itself for the establishment, in the roots of mind, of the experience.

Unbound

See, I would call that the shaping of the personality to fit to unconditional love, which is, of course, a wonderful thing to do.