Bring4th

Full Version: 4th density dance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4th DENSITY DANCE a merging of the latest advances in digital art projection technology with the internal principles of dance.
Andrew Jones and Phaedra Ana are pioneering the emergence of a new type of interactive expression which has been termed fourth density dance: a unique fusion of live painting and live movement that has naturally emerged from a multilayered joint venture that pushed individual boundaries.

On stage, fluidity of motion intuitively blends in with the flow of different dynamic objects moved around in space; while using a combination of proprietary soft-ware and custom digital hardware the visuals projected onto the screen behind organically tune into this motion, accentuating the dancers movements as they follow them in real time until a new level of spatial depth is achieved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBHaRJ4wfI

peace,
mikey
That's some beautiful and original art performance/technology. I like your term for it. I'd think that would also include much of the Winter Olympics opening ceremony, such as the projected ice floes and whales. And also last year's Nine Inch Nails "Lights in the Sky" tour, still as far as I know the most sophisticated use of live interactive video ever. All the video art on front & back screens responded to where the musicians moved, in real time.

If an article is available about the behind the scenes aspect of how your video was made, I'd be interested to learn more.