Bring4th

Full Version: Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What perspective do you most resonate with?

1. Nothing needs to be changed as change is inherent. Change does not need to be willfully caused. If a change is necessary, it will occur.

2. Everything needs to be changed as change is not inherent. Change is our only responsibility. Constant change is required to progress in life.

[Image: tarot6.jpg]

Unbound

Neither, change is both constant and effectual, it can be willed and it is always happening. The question of "need" is determined by desire and focus.
What is it about the second statement that you don't resonate with? As you do say change is constant.

Unbound

I disagree with the first statement because "everything is inherent" is like "everyone is special so no one is special". The whole thing seems redundant.

I disagree with the second statement because nothing "needs" to be change, it simply can be changed.

All progress is change and all change is progress, so inherent or not, the same thing is happening, and the same progress occurs through life. What these questions are asking, to me, isn't really about the necessity of change or whether or not change is important, but rather about motive. Either of these standpoints can be used as a basis for motive.
I do believe everyone is special and that the concept of special doesn't exist and is not applicable, as you say, nobody is special within the true context of the word. Why is this flawed?

I agree with what you have to say about motive, very much so.

Unbound

I did not say it is flawed, just that it is redundant, circular. It is not useful except as justification for motive.
(07-02-2014, 04:22 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]1. Nothing needs to be changed as change is inherent. Change does not need to be willfully caused. If a change is necessary, it will occur.

2. Everything needs to be changed as change is not inherent. Change is our only responsibility. Constant change is required to progress in life.

Interpretation is the primary responsibility (and function) of Free Will.
I believe in something that is a mixture of your two extremes. Change need to be instigated externally but is also inherent and comes of itself.
I'd go with 3. Change is not inherent, but stagnation is ok and acceptable. Free will governs.

A1, you may be falling into the trap of motivating self-evolution through self-judgement and/or fear that something "needs" "must" or "should" change. You use those words often in your questions.

At least, this is something many of us have struggled with, including myself in the past, because it is society that often teaches us to motivate ourselves through self-judgement and/or fear. It is not necessary to motivate oneself through fear or judgement. Do something because you deeply desire or love it.

Nothing needs, must, or should be done brother. You do seem to keep going back to this issue of doing what you want.
Which do you resonate with more, [absolute statement 1] or [absolute statement 2]?
(07-02-2014, 05:23 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with the first statement because "everything is inherent" is like "everyone is special so no one is special". The whole thing seems redundant.

That sounds like a tautology.

(07-02-2014, 09:57 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go with 3. Change is not inherent, but stagnation is ok and acceptable. Free will governs.

I feel like I'm stagnating because I don't know how to move forward spiritually.
(07-02-2014, 10:24 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Which do you resonate with more, [absolute statement 1] or [absolute statement 2]?
I'll make a revelation: These are both of the polarities to me in 100% intent of service. I actively embrace the first.

(07-02-2014, 09:57 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go with 3. Change is not inherent, but stagnation is ok and acceptable. Free will governs.

A1, you may be falling into the trap of motivating self-evolution through self-judgement and/or fear that something "needs" "must" or "should" change. You use those words often in your questions.

At least, this is something many of us have struggled with, including myself in the past, because it is society that often teaches us to motivate ourselves through self-judgement and/or fear. It is not necessary to motivate oneself through fear or judgement. Do something because you deeply desire or love it.

Nothing needs, must, or should be done brother. You do seem to keep going back to this issue of doing what you want.
I actively embrace "Nothing needs to be changed..." Does your statement still apply?

I believe the polarity of work offers only two absolutes in regards to change.