Bring4th

Full Version: Convince me that positive polarization and balancing isn't about happiness for $100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I will send $100 to the person that convinces me that positive polarization and balancing is not about satisfaction and feeling happiness with everything that occurs and can occur, in other words, not about simply being at peace and happy. Additionally, you will have to convince me that serving the desires of others is not a natural act that comes from accepting all things.

If you can convince me that balancing is only about attaining a goal higher than the self, acting in a certain way or something totally removed from personal happiness, you will receive $100 in the mail. All you have to do is PM me your address to claim.

Convince me.

Unbound

I presume you mean positive polarity when you say polarizing?

I thought the whole point of polarity is the increased capacity to do work and balancing increases polarity.
Yes.

Why do work other than to attain greater amounts of satisfaction through polarization and balancing?

Unbound

I don't really understand your idea of "greater" satisfaction, as satisfaction is binary to me. Either you're satisfied or you aren't. So the idea of balancing towards "greater" satisfaction makes little sense to me. If you mean instead it would allow one to more continuously dwell in a state of satisfaction, that I can agree with, but that comes with the awareness afforded through balancing.

I believe the purpose of doing work is for the sake of experiencing. Whether or not this experience is satisfying is the choice of the self.
You do not believe happiness has different levels, with existing levels of ecstasy that are beyond normal ranges?

Unbound

Happiness and satisfaction are not the same thing to me. Happiness or mood, rather, certainly has higher and higher plateaus but I believe even in total bliss and happiness there can be dissatisfaction. Some beings living "high up" in the bliss clouds, I believe, become dissatisfied with unending bliss and that is one of the many reasons that incarnation is chosen as an experience.
(07-02-2014, 05:50 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Happiness and satisfaction are not the same thing to me. Happiness or mood, rather, certainly has higher and higher plateaus but I believe even in total bliss and happiness there can be dissatisfaction. Some beings living "high up" in the bliss clouds, I believe, become dissatisfied with unending bliss and that is one of the many reasons that incarnation is chosen as an experience.

Probably what happened to me. I was in bliss all the time and got bored. Much like I get bored here on Earth. So I incarnated.

Unbound

(07-02-2014, 05:53 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2014, 05:50 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Happiness and satisfaction are not the same thing to me. Happiness or mood, rather, certainly has higher and higher plateaus but I believe even in total bliss and happiness there can be dissatisfaction. Some beings living "high up" in the bliss clouds, I believe, become dissatisfied with unending bliss and that is one of the many reasons that incarnation is chosen as an experience.

Probably what happened to me. I was in bliss all the time and got bored. Much like I get bored here on Earth. So I incarnated.
Aha My friend, I think you need to try something drastic in your life, step outside of your comfort zone.
I once was about ready to move to Colorado and quit my job, taking only my dog with me. That would have been drastic. But I probably would be homeless if I had done that.

I can't say for sure if I was in bliss all the time before this incarnation. I was just guessing based on what I know about the afterlife. I probably felt "pressure" to move forward.

Unbound

Aha Well, perhaps it doesn't need to be that drastic, or maybe it does.
I'm going to be picking up a 2nd job, if they accept me. That's a little drastic, because I normally like my free time. But we need the cash.

Unbound

(07-02-2014, 06:12 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to be picking up a 2nd job, if they accept me. That's a little drastic, because I normally like my free time. But we need the cash.

Well best of luck to you with that!
If I quit my first job, it would probably piss off my mother.
And if I said I was moving, she'd call the cops on me again.
A friend stopped me last time from moving there to Colorado.

Unbound

Why would she call the cops on you?

(Also, I am going off-topic here so you can respond in the other thread we are talking in, if you like.)
$100 of Vervex's money? Tongue

I seek balance so that I may be of greater service to those with whom I interact, and to more faithfully mirror themselves back to them.
RollEyes

[Image: mgEuR6r.jpg]

michael430

[deleted]
I don't think that the things we do have a total bearing on how our next life will be. I don't think our thoughts will create for us another planet that we'll incarnate on. Did I word that correctly? you said "it's on a planet that my thoughts", and I disagree that our past actions always determine which planet we'll be on. I believe we make up the lessons that we need to learn when we're on the other side. Not always knowing how difficult it will be. We might choose Earth again, despite having served others very much. I don't think service always equals an easier life next time.

michael430

[deleted]
(07-02-2014, 07:14 PM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what I will choose or if I am even offered a choice of where/when my next experience will be, but I suppose the probability of a more loving lesson-learning environment increases if I create more of them.

I think we choose where we will go, but it's chosen without the veil in place. So it's seen through the eyes of love. And how we can best serve others. This is from my humble understanding. I agree that if we learn the lessons of love here, that we'll be ready for a world where love is more pronounced, and is more harmonious. I think it's where we will be most comfortable (in higher densities). 3D I don't think is about where it's most comfortable, but where we can learn lessons.
Not interested in the money.

Quote:82.21 ▶ Questioner: Then even though, from our point of view, there was great evolutionary experience it was deemed at some point by the evolving Logos that an experiment to create a greater experience was appropriate. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may benefit from comment. The Logos is aware of the nature of the third-density requirement for what you have called graduation. All the previous, if you would use this term, experiments, although resulting in many experiences, lacked what was considered the crucial ingredient; that is, polarization. There was little enough tendency for experience to polarize entities that entities repeated habitually the third-density cycles many times over. It was desired that the potential for polarization be made more available.

82.22 ▶ Questioner: Then since the only possibility at this particular time, as I see it, was a polarization for service to others, I must assume from what you said that even though all were aware of this service-to-others necessity they were unable to achieve it. What was the configuration of mind of the mind/body/spirit complexes at that time? Were they aware of the necessity for the polarization or unaware of it? And if so, why did they have such a difficult time serving others to the extent necessary for graduation since this was the only polarity possible?

Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, the tendency of those who are divinely happy, as you call this distortion, to have little urge to alter or better their condition. Such is the result of the mind/body/spirit which is not complex. There is the possibility of love of other-selves and service to other-selves, but there is the overwhelming awareness of the Creator in the self. The connection with the Creator is that of the umbilical cord. The security is total. Therefore, no love is terribly important; no pain terribly frightening; no effort, therefore, is made to serve for love or to benefit from fear.

Positive polarization isn't all about happiness.

Unbound

If you ask me, I think in the previous octave happiness would have been the main goal because the basis for polarity was just the mover and the moved, so achieving bliss as a result of balanced movement and relationships between movements would create patterns of harmony resulting in greater bliss. Maybe that's why you conceive of things that way, you could be connected to the previous octave. I see that in this octave the bliss is actually secondary to the creation of the harmony/disharmony that the bliss stems from. It is through the patterning of will illusions that patterns are created in relation to others either towards total dominance of one individual's bliss, or a unison of bliss sharing.

The octaves are cycles in the Creator knowing itself. The last octave I believe the Creator came to know the intimacy of its own bliss through movement, but in this octave the Creator is coming to know the interactions between those blisses established in the previous octave. One might think that the next octave will just be a greater experience of bliss, but I actually believe that the octave cycle is meant to transform the One Thought in to a new Concept of Infinity so while the last octave turned something, perhaps the polarity of potential/kinetic (awareness cycle), in to the idea of the mover and the moved (observation cycle), and now in to service to other and service to self (interaction cycle), I think a new concept is waiting to be born, or has already begun its birth.

Bliss, to me, is the carrot on the stick.
Believe what you wish.

There, I did it..the lesson put into practice. Acceptance of all things in action = no convincing needed.
I am going to respond to everything said so far in a very detailed manner.

I have one question: Why is not happiness/satisfaction the purpose of existence?

(07-02-2014, 08:28 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Not interested in the money.

Quote:82.21 ▶ Questioner: Then even though, from our point of view, there was great evolutionary experience it was deemed at some point by the evolving Logos that an experiment to create a greater experience was appropriate. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may benefit from comment. The Logos is aware of the nature of the third-density requirement for what you have called graduation. All the previous, if you would use this term, experiments, although resulting in many experiences, lacked what was considered the crucial ingredient; that is, polarization. There was little enough tendency for experience to polarize entities that entities repeated habitually the third-density cycles many times over. It was desired that the potential for polarization be made more available.

82.22 ▶ Questioner: Then since the only possibility at this particular time, as I see it, was a polarization for service to others, I must assume from what you said that even though all were aware of this service-to-others necessity they were unable to achieve it. What was the configuration of mind of the mind/body/spirit complexes at that time? Were they aware of the necessity for the polarization or unaware of it? And if so, why did they have such a difficult time serving others to the extent necessary for graduation since this was the only polarity possible?

Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, the tendency of those who are divinely happy, as you call this distortion, to have little urge to alter or better their condition. Such is the result of the mind/body/spirit which is not complex. There is the possibility of love of other-selves and service to other-selves, but there is the overwhelming awareness of the Creator in the self. The connection with the Creator is that of the umbilical cord. The security is total. Therefore, no love is terribly important; no pain terribly frightening; no effort, therefore, is made to serve for love or to benefit from fear.

Why would one serve for love? How does one benefit from fear? Towards what final end? Ra does not at all state that happiness is not the goal here.
(07-02-2014, 10:38 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to respond to everything said so far in a very detailed manner.

I have one question: Why is not happiness/satisfaction the purpose of existence?

(07-02-2014, 08:28 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Not interested in the money.

Why would one serve for love? How does one benefit from fear? Towards what final end? Ra does not at all state that happiness is not the goal here.

The quote is saying that if one seeks happiness above all else it leads to stagnation and stifles the polarization process. The ends to which one would serve love or seek to benefit from hate is to serve the creator, not to find happiness but because the nature of polarized entities is service.

I don't know why I'm bothering, you obviously will never be convinced of anything unless you want to and given the stance you've taken it's plain to see you don't.
Where in there does Ra say that directly? I see you've taken liberties in your interpretation. Ra never uses the word stagnation nor mentions people seeking happiness above all else.

Again, I see only a subjective interpretation. Not fact.

This is a huge habit on this forum by all parties: Interpretation. There are no facts here ladies and gent. There is an imposition of perception.

Unbound

(07-02-2014, 10:38 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to respond to everything said so far in a very detailed manner.

It is, oh Creator, if you say it is. Smile

Oh, also, the question can be inverted and asked, why is happiness/satisfaction the purpose? If you can allow one to be true for the sake of itself, why not the other?
(07-02-2014, 05:35 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I will send $100 to the person that convinces me that positive polarization and balancing is not about satisfaction and feeling happiness with everything that occurs and can occur, in other words, not about simply being at peace and happy. Additionally, you will have to convince me that serving the desires of others is not a natural act that comes from accepting all things.

I was going to offer an opinion but before I do so, I would like to clarify the following:
What is positive polarization, and how is it performed?
What is balancing, and how is it performed?

Different people here have shared and attributed different results and different meanings to those two practices, but I'd like to know, as objectively as possible, what do they actually consist of, regardless of the debated "end goal"?

(07-02-2014, 06:27 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]$100 of Vervex's money? Tongue

Oh no! My money isn't leaving my wallet! Wink
This is a silly bet in my opinion; there is no need for such monetary incentive as people here inherently share their thoughts freely. Besides, Immanuel can't afford to throw money by the windows nowadays. So, consider this wager most likely improbable, as if anyone "convinces" him, I'll steal his cash and hide it somewhere hehe Wink
Vervex:

Positive polarization: Work by acceptance of what you do not desire.

Negative polarization: Work by acceptance of only what you desire.
(07-03-2014, 12:14 AM)vervex Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no! My money isn't leaving my wallet! Wink
This is a silly bet in my opinion; there is no need for such monetary incentive as people here inherently share their thoughts freely. Besides, Immanuel can't afford to throw money by the windows nowadays. So, consider this wager most likely improbable, as if anyone "convinces" him, I'll steal his cash and hide it somewhere hehe Wink

It almost seems as if . . . he never intended to make the pay-out at all :exclamation: Shocker!
Pages: 1 2 3