Bring4th

Full Version: Questions about Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) can someone be depressed, and not realise it? (it's not a matter of denial, but not recognising the state that you are in, somehow closing yourself off from the world over time).

2) what is the best way to interact with someone with depression? (therapy, and medication aside, how can you best be of service to someone going through this condition/experience)

3) when did you first experience depression? (for me, it was age 18, and it was after I had my worldview shattered by coming into contact with spiritual information/awakening. You would think it would be a joyous occasion, to awaken, but it has multiple effects and consequences. One was depression, and not knowing how to negotiate with the world given this newfound information).

4) is all depression 'curable'? that is, does depression (like all other distortions), have a specific causation, and the biochemical components of depression are just the most outward expression of it?
As somebody that has been in depression:

1. I have been depressed for most of my early life and had not realized it. I thought I was lazy and did not take enough initiative in my life due to how my parents and teachers berated me for being pained by my work. I told them my work hurt, they gave BS coping techniques and I listened to them.

2. Talk to them when they wish to talk and leave them alone when they want to be left alone, and don't give them expectations and conditions in your relationship. Expectations and conditions will make them resist themselves through their inability to meet them along with making them resist reality more itself. If you force them to do things, expect them to walk away or become co-dependent towards you, depending on how desperate they are. The latter can cause you to really harm the person.

3. 9 years old. Life always seemed pointless.

4. Depends on the cause. Generally, the cure is an acceptance of reality.
1) Depends on specific situation.
How do you know a person is going through depression (symptoms)? Is this person distressed and/or disabled due to depression symptoms - e.g., has the quality of life decreased to point that there is serious impact on person's social, occupational, and educational life (losing job, being socially isolated that they can't get support, suicidal, homicidal, etc.,.).

Clinical depression has criteria for diagnoses and is distinguished from non-clinical cases by the severity of the symptoms & the range of impact symptoms has on a person's life. Being sad alone doesn't necessarily make it a 'clinical' level situation.

2) Differs case-by-case.
You have to a) recognize you're sick, b) know what's going on, and c) figure out the best way to work with what's going on.

3) Pre-teen days, and no treatment, just 'awakening' spiritually

4) That's too complicated to answer without having information on specific case.

Depression symptoms has no cure bc it's not an organic problem. Sometimes depression like symptoms are observed in people with physical problems e.g., thyroid problems - in which case, you need appropriate treatment for that condition.

You have to have the most accurate diagnosis of the problem to understand what person is experiencing and then figure out how to treat that. Diagnoses, etiology (physiological issues, psychological, etc), prognosis, and treatment are really case-by-case.
My answers are similar to others but hey,

1. Yes.

2. Support and affection without asking anything at all in return.

Sometimes you ask others to leave you alone and not truly mean it because you've gotten into your head you deserve to be alone. This is one of the harder things to interact with. To best be helpful it's good to ask "Can I stay anyway?" or something similar but not to stay to interact but to keep company. No words, no interaction other than presence and respect the wishes of the depressed to a fair degree.
Striking the balance between supporting and speaking your mind/being yourself is tough and delicate business. Sometimes a depressed person needs a good shake, sometimes it's the worst thing that could ever happen. Finding out which goes where can be so hard.

3. Around 6 years old when the bullying began.

4. Yes, if the depressed person wants to be cured. The reason for depression can be just about anything and have a variety of ways to express itself externally and a few ways to express internally. Mostly it's based on acceptance of self or others in regards to self or others =).
Just want to say that if people do believe they or loved one is going through depression that they consult with people who have knowledge, training, and experience in these illnesses? Healers, doctors, psychiatric nurses, psychologist, therapist, etc.,.

I know it's nice to talk about these here on a forum but in real life, we have to be very cautious about giving ideas around diagnosis & treatment issues. So if this thread is meant to be a poll, that's fine... but I hope the message is to go consult with qualified practitioners about this.
See 'Angel' by Sarah McLachlan. 'This sweet madness, this glorious sadness, that brings me to my knees.'

There is a lot of anxiety/ depression/ neurosis in my family. What I do is relate to the person and not the condition.
1) I suppose someone can be experiencing anything, depression included, and not consciously recognize or identify what, in actuality, is happening.

2) I like ChickeninSpace's answer. I would add listening to them, first for the sake of listening, but also to discern what their actual needs may be, and how you may best meet those needs.

3) The first time I knowingly experienced what I would loosely term depression (not knowing to what extent it fits the clinical definition) was, like you, around 18 years old, about the time that one identity began its demise to make way for the spiritual life. Though I presume I've grappled with depression, or depression-like energies, even through childhood.

4) I think any distortion can be healed, be it of the mind, the body, the spirit, or all of the above.

(07-04-2014, 07:14 AM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]Clinical depression has criteria for diagnoses and is distinguished from non-clinical cases by the severity of the symptoms & the range of impact symptoms has on a person's life. Being sad alone doesn't necessarily make it a 'clinical' level situation.

Reeay, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this question: what role, in general, do you think psych meds like anti-depressants play in mental/physical health?

You've probably shared your thoughts on this question elsewhere on the forums but unnoticed by me.
(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]2) what is the best way to interact with someone with depression? (therapy, and medication aside, how can you best be of service to someone going through this condition/experience)

By being there without being there.
(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]1) can someone be depressed, and not realise it? (it's not a matter of denial, but not recognising the state that you are in, somehow closing yourself off from the world over time).
It is possible to be depressed and not know it because of the dominant personality.

Quote:2) what is the best way to interact with someone with depression?
It is good to help them become aware of their potential. It is also good to make them aware of the positive side of life.

Quote:4) is all depression 'curable'?
I doubt that. I think on a very small scale there are those that are being offered an "exit" strategy, and in some cases may not even be aware of what is happening, sort of going into autopilot. (as if the driver already left) I have found some older folks that are using their belief in a forcible way to degrade the body into failing. Something interesting is it seems the "soul" energy had already left and the body is on autopilot, unable to learn new concepts.

On a larger scale it is just distorted perception and imbalance.
(07-04-2014, 08:16 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2014, 07:14 AM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]Clinical depression has criteria for diagnoses and is distinguished from non-clinical cases by the severity of the symptoms & the range of impact symptoms has on a person's life. Being sad alone doesn't necessarily make it a 'clinical' level situation.

Reeay, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this question: what role, in general, do you think psych meds like anti-depressants play in mental/physical health?

Some modes of therapeutic interventions are just as effective, if not more effective, than the drug-option. It's a viable option, tho, should it be needed. Most of my clients choose not to use meds but instead become therapy-warriors.

If you want 'symptom relief,' drugs may be an option, but if you want to get to the 'heart of the matter', you have to eventually 'face the dragon' thru some sort of healing/therapeutic process. Some may use meds to take the 'edge' off but then again there are ways to help people to feel safe, progressively tolerate 'discomfort' and so forth to work through their catalyst. So I don't particularly see it as the 'go-to' intervention tbh Smile
1. - I Identify with Adonai here on a personal level and agree on not being consciously aware of the depression.

2. - The best way in my view is "what depression?" Intelligent energy was not available at their time of need! Humour, Laughter self deprivication, (I have had success here, albeit a temporary relief) dropping the seed that they are a unique expression of creation (by 'seeing' them). Laughter would be my focus though and honest self reflection as to whether I am in the right mindset to find humour in that moment. Otherwise totally agree with Chickeninspace.

3. My pre incarnative distortion (addiction tendency) kicked in at 6 years old. My step father held me upside down over a high rise balcony and pretended to drop me. Horror films and stealing money for sweets were my first attempts to re-abilitate.

4. Totally agree with GLB. Again my personal experiences affirm to me the notion that 'anything' is truly possible.

5. Really would like to meet Adonai after reading his post here!
I have been diagnosed with depression, and am on Prozac for it, as well as my anxiety.
I feel them slightly. My depression stems from feelings of wanting to go "home". It's
more a longing. I find comfort in feelings of wanting to die, so I'm not sure if that's
a sign of depression. Wanting to be somewhere else.

My "depression" totally disappeard in the moment that I felt unconditional love in my heart.
I cried from the beauty of the experience. I truly wasn't depressed in that moment.
I also had no depression when I thought I was working with God. It ended badly though.

Most of the time I feel love for creation, so I'm not sure how accurate the diagnosis of depression is.
I do sleep a lot at times, enjoying that.

I don't know when I first experienced depression. Maybe when I was 13. That's when a lot of bad
stuff happened in my life, and I attempted suicide (though half-heartedly). I gave up the attempt
because it hurt. There was one more time where I was very close to suicide, but I thought that
it wouldn't solve anything. That's when I thought I was going to be harvested negative, and was
influenced by the Ra material.

My depression doesn't stem from me thinking that I'm not good enough. I have self-respect, and
self-love. Even when I think about dying, I still love and respect myself. I find these times comforting.

I try to do in life what makes me happy, even if it's avoiding certain work.

I was molested as a child, so not sure if that added to my "depression".
I'll note one thing: I came to this forum depressed. I am now no longer depressed. It all came from the single realization that there is no right way to do anything and that everything is acceptable.
(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]1) can someone be depressed, and not realise it? (it's not a matter of denial, but not recognising the state that you are in, somehow closing yourself off from the world over time).

Very common. When you vibrate at any emotional level for a length of time, it becomes your new baseline. It's like walking over hot coals and eventually you develop so many calluses that you no longer feel it, you become numb to sensation, which is a way of dealing with it without getting to the vibrational root of the problem.

(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]2) what is the best way to interact with someone with depression? (therapy, and medication aside, how can you best be of service to someone going through this condition/experience)

Stay positive yourself, refuse the temptation to dip down into their warped perspective of things. From that place of powerlessness, you are no help to them. If you can maintain your connection, however, your timing is good, and you have something beneficial to offer them.

(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]3) when did you first experience depression? (for me, it was age 18, and it was after I had my worldview shattered by coming into contact with spiritual information/awakening. You would think it would be a joyous occasion, to awaken, but it has multiple effects and consequences. One was depression, and not knowing how to negotiate with the world given this newfound information).

Early childhood. I was ostracized immediately entering school (I think this is extremely common for Wanderers as they are high priority targets by Orion negatives), and could only befriend the other 'misfit' children. Being constantly attacked really cements an anxious/depressed "not safe" feeling in a young child.

(07-04-2014, 06:44 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]4) is all depression 'curable'? that is, does depression (like all other distortions), have a specific causation, and the biochemical components of depression are just the most outward expression of it?

I don't know if all depression is curable, but I would like to believe it is. I refuse to believe that anybody is in a hopeless situation. I think you described it perfectly. There are real biochemical components, but as you stated so eloquently, they are just the most outer manifestation of an event, whose root is, in reality, vibrational and inner. The mind is the builder of the body, ultimately.

The cause of depression is desire that is being negated by thoughts and beliefs that do not support its expression.

So the cure, it stands to reason, is to either relinquish desire, or stop blocking the energy by thoughts of lack.

Faith can move mountains, but it can also cure depression.
I read that even dogs can get depressed. One instance is if the owner dies, and they no longer get the affection they once had. They can miss that. But it's rare that a dog has long-term depression.

I used to have depression because cartoon anthros aren't real.
(07-04-2014, 08:16 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Reeay, I'm curious to know your thoughts on this question: what role, in general, do you think psych meds like anti-depressants play in mental/physical health?

(07-04-2014, 12:55 PM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]Some modes of therapeutic interventions are just as effective, if not more effective, than the drug-option. It's a viable option, tho, should it be needed. Most of my clients choose not to use meds but instead become therapy-warriors.

If you want 'symptom relief,' drugs may be an option, but if you want to get to the 'heart of the matter', you have to eventually 'face the dragon' thru some sort of healing/therapeutic process. Some may use meds to take the 'edge' off but then again there are ways to help people to feel safe, progressively tolerate 'discomfort' and so forth to work through their catalyst. So I don't particularly see it as the 'go-to' intervention tbh Smile

Thank you for the feedback. Though wholly unlearned in the field of psychology, my basic thoughts on the matter move in the direction you describe.

Long-term psych med use seems a way to gain some, as you said, symptom relief, but ultimately helps you to avoid the actual heart of the matter, that is: facing yourself.

I asked you because I have a loved one who has relied on these meds for years now and is a shell of who they used to be. There has hardly been any discernible signs of progress, just a near constant sense of being a few steps removed from actually living life.

And instead of viable therapies to get this person *off* meds and into a state of wholeness and healing, the psychiatrists just want to keep prescribing medication. It's heartwrenching.

I'll send you a PM with more questions if you're available.

Lots of love,
GLB
That sounds a lot like me GLB.
(07-05-2014, 02:39 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I'll note one thing: I came to this forum depressed. I am now no longer depressed.

Yeh but you have pissed off a load of forum members in the process. Cool
[Image: 36f82e00ffcc16efe66060e976337aac7621f71f...6733b6.jpg]