Bring4th

Full Version: Serving when you don't want to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does serving begrudgingly defeat the purpose of polarizing positively? Must you serve out of love in order to positively polarize?

What if the service must be done, and you do it because it needs to be done, but you just don't enjoy doing it?

It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service. But I desire to have the heart to serve.
It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service.

i understand and feel your emotion about appreciation

the issue is "when you don't receive appreciation" perhaps this excerpt can offer some peace on your path....

excerpt from :Initiation human and solar by Alice A. Bailey

Stand ready and watch the heart. In the transferring of the fire from the solar plexus to the heart centre comes much pain. It is not easy to love as do the Great Ones, with a pure love which requires nothing back; with an inpersonal love that rejoices where there is response, but looks not for it, and loves steadily, quietly, and deeply through all apparent divergences, knowing that when each has found his own way home, he will find that home to be the place of at-one-ment.

Be prepared for loneliness. It is the law. As a man dissociates himself from all that concerns his physical, astral and mental bodies, and centres himself in the Ego, it produces a temporary separation. This must be endured and passed, leading to a closer link at a later period with all associated with the disciple through the karma of past lives, through group work, and through the activity of the disciple (carried on almost unconsciously at first) in gathering together those through whom later he will work.

Cultivate happiness, knowing that depression, an over-morbid investigation of motive, and undue sensitiveness to the criticism of others leads to a condition wherein a disciple is almost useless. Happiness is based on confidence in the God within, a just appreciation of time, and a forgetfulness of self. Take all the glad things which may come as trusts to be used to spread joy, and rebel not at happiness and pleasure in service, thinking it an indication that all is not well. Suffering comes as the lower self rebels. Control that lower self, ELIMINATE "DESIRE", and all is joy.

Have patience. Endurance is one of the characteristics of the Ego. The Ego persists^ knowing itself im-mortal.

The personality becomes discouraged, knowing that time is short.

Unbound

I ask myself, would I appreciate the service they might offer me?
(07-04-2014, 05:05 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]I ask myself, would I appreciate the service they might offer me?

I don't usually appreciate when they cook for me, because of how angry they get at other times. Because of how they act, makes it hard to willingly serve them. I'm probably not going to like the 2nd job where I have to work for her. That's if I pass background check, which I don't see a problem. I've never been convicted of anything. She might really command me to do things for her. It'll probably be like 3 hours a day, Monday through Saturday. Mostly sweeping, mopping and dusting. Maybe helping her get in the shower if she needs it.
Here's a commercial that is one of the most beautiful that I have seen. 16 million views, and its from Thailand.

Perhaps this commercial may provide the answer why do we serve.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaWA2GbcnJU
(07-04-2014, 07:48 PM)Wai Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a commercial that is one of the most beautiful that I have seen. 16 million views, and its from Thailand.

Perhaps this commercial may provide the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaWA2GbcnJU

That was beautiful, thanks.
Thanks for sharing, Wai.
(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service.

I think that Carla (and many others) have programmed for such a life:

Ra Wrote:50.5 This entity desired the process of expressing love and light without expecting any return.

Agreements were made prior to incarnation; the first, with the so-called parents and siblings of this entity. This provided the experiential catalyst for the situation of offering radiance of being without expectation of return.

and "The green ray is one of complete universality of love. This is a giving without expectation of return."

- -

and yet, at the same time, I don't think one should become a doormat. I don't think that is what is intended by 'being of service' BigSmile
(07-04-2014, 05:05 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]I ask myself, would I appreciate the service they might offer me?
Capitalism. Wonderful polarization tactic.

Gemini, there comes a point when one goes against themselves so much they cease wanting to live life. Life becomes so tiring they want to sleep in bed all day. There's one way to avoid this: Do things you like and don't go against yourself. I think that is all that needs to be said.
Sleeping in bed all day isn't an option, since my mom wakes me up when I'm sleeping to do things for her. I try to sleep during the day but can't really fall asleep. Today I helped mount some brackets for curtain rods. At least she was satisfied with how I did that. Usually she complains about me not doing it correctly. Like using nails instead of screws.

Thanks for that video Wai, it was beautiful.

I don't feel like a doormat. My mom doesn't always expect THAT many things. Today it was tearing down a wall, and moving a couch, and mounting those brackets. Tomorrow will probably be bathing the dog and putting up the curtains.

I serve her because deep down I do love her. She's even been the protagonist in some of my dreams when I was scared. But this love isn't always fully conscious. She seems so demanding at times. And she complains while I'm doing them.

But once again, I can look at my avatar and be satisfied.

My mom thinks I can move an electric switch from one side of the room to the other in the kitchen. I don't think so. We'll have to hire an electrician if we get the funds.

Each day I try not to go against myself. But sometimes I do like when I'm not honest.
(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Does serving begrudgingly defeat the purpose of polarizing positively? Must you serve out of love in order to positively polarize?

Yes.

(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What if the service must be done, and you do it because it needs to be done, but you just don't enjoy doing it?

Devotion is a form of love. But devotion is different from obligation.

(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service. But I desire to have the heart to serve.

True. Serving without expectation of return is blue ray compassion.
(07-05-2014, 03:26 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service. But I desire to have the heart to serve.

True. Serving without expectation of return is blue ray compassion.

Are you sure it's not green-ray compassion?

My mom wants me to buy a new recliner because mine is falling apart. But it still works for me.
She wants to go to Aarons, to rent them. But I don't want to spend the money,
so I told her no. I have to say no to her sometimes. She still nags me for more than 15 minutes about getting rid of it.

My mom tells me she appreciates when I do things for her, when I asked her, so at least I have that. She doesn't always show it though.
(07-05-2014, 12:51 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure it's not green-ray compassion?

Sorry, meant to say green. However blue ray is also this. It's just more expansive.
Neat, I didn't know there was blue-ray compassion.

I'm not trying to polarize in this life any longer. I just want to live my life as I do without worrying about that. Serve when I feel like it.
(07-05-2014, 12:51 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]She doesn't always show it though.

Said every son ever Tongue.
(07-05-2014, 01:57 PM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2014, 12:51 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]She doesn't always show it though.

Said every son ever Tongue.

Well I don't show her appreciation really much either when she does things like fix my meal, or help clean up the house. Soon I will be doing the cleaning because I'll get paid to work for her.
(07-04-2014, 08:49 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't feel like a doormat. My mom doesn't always expect THAT many things. Today it was tearing down a wall, and moving a couch, and mounting those brackets. Tomorrow will probably be bathing the dog and putting up the curtains.

I serve her because deep down I do love her. She's even been the protagonist in some of my dreams when I was scared. But this love isn't always fully conscious. She seems so demanding at times. And she complains while I'm doing them.

yeah, parental relationships can be difficult.

it feels like being pulled in many directions at once.
(07-05-2014, 03:46 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2014, 08:49 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't feel like a doormat. My mom doesn't always expect THAT many things. Today it was tearing down a wall, and moving a couch, and mounting those brackets. Tomorrow will probably be bathing the dog and putting up the curtains.

yeah, parental relationships can be difficult.

it feels like being pulled in many directions at once.

It's more challenging when they live with you. It will probably be even moreso when I'm working for her, if I get approved by the agency.
I'm learning to tell her no at times. Like she wants to trash my recliner and get 2 new ones from the rental store. I can't afford that.
(07-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Does serving begrudgingly defeat the purpose of polarizing positively? Must you serve out of love in order to positively polarize?

What if the service must be done, and you do it because it needs to be done, but you just don't enjoy doing it?

It's hard to serve when you don't receive appreciation for the service. But I desire to have the heart to serve.

the expectation of appreciation is a service to your self.

serving begrudgingly means to temper something called patience and fortitude, otherwise you do not deserve to call yourself a teacher.

but the appreciation for the hard work that you put in regardless of what anyone else may think..

ra always says may you be blessed with love and light, not one or the other. similarly, you don't do good work only when it's easy for you to do it. i think the question you should be asking is, at what limit of the bregrudging state must i limit my service so that i may continue to honor others through also honoring myself.

I don't know that's just me.

Each opportunity for service is just that, an opportunity. If you serve full of love for the other freely and without any shadow of hesitation within your body, mind, and soul, that is very positive. If you serve full of self-love and thus only serve because it helps yourself in some way and you do not care for the other during the service, that is negative. If you serve because a part of you wants to help the other, but another part of you does not, and you do truly care for the other, that is somewhat positive, but the resistance is feedback that there is a distorted belief waiting for you to be addressed. It could be of any ray.

Forcing yourself to do anything is not helpful. If you slave-drive yourself and your body to serve others, you are taking a selfish stance toward your body and are not polarizing as much as you could as when your body and mental needs are addressed so you can radiate love and service freely and without hesitation. You and your body is also something else to be love and taken care of. There are times when fortitude of service is indeed the lesson, but if you think that your lifelong or daily message is fortitude and forcing oneself to serve when they don't feel like it, then you're mixing up the lesson that you need to take care of yourself with the lesson of fortitude.

Once you truly balance your own needs with others, you will find that your service towards other flows freely, and that even when overworked, the resistance from the body is only fatigue, not dislike or irritability which it seems to be your current situation. I'm not saying to not serve begrudgingly or to always say no - because somethings in the real world are important to get done even if we are not balanced and totally willing - but realize the resistance to service is an indicator of the importance of balancing oneself (in this case take care of and appreciate yourself more) so that the service flows more freely. Best of luck GW, it seems that you are truly exploring new ways of thinking and that is a great way to break through stagnation.
(07-10-2014, 10:13 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ](in this case take care of and appreciate yourself more) so that the service flows more freely. Best of luck GW, it seems that you are truly exploring new ways of thinking and that is a great way to break through stagnation.

Thank you. I could use with loving myself more. And appreciating the things that I offer myself and others. I could definitely use the self-love. But also love of others more.

My mom wants me to climb under our manufactured home, but I'm afraid of getting stung by a scorpion.