Bring4th

Full Version: Movie "Noah" (2014)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ten year ago this movie would be for me an extremely exaggeration of "catholic legends exhibition". But with Ra's Teaching in mind and thanks to that Russell always used label/name Creator (never "God"), I was experiencing this movie on level never available to me before.

I think if we accept local-ness of many aspects of this story (I'm refering to Earth-Centrism/Human-Being-Centrism), this movie can be seen as porteyal of Being (Noah) whom is living The Law of One. In movie this way is also compared to the ways of "todays world" shown by "wicked human beings".

I loved how Noah and his Family - all living The Law of One - were treated the Creation - for example naming/labeling animals as "creatures". They've seen Creator in everything - in all "not-of Their-density" happening/occurrence - no matter what Entity were aiding Them (from which density), "It" was The Creator (and They were not wrong about that as We all know Wink )

With The Law of One content in mind, this movie is in my opinion worth an eye.

Take Care
Hi Simon,

just watched this film myself, and had a blast!

But then again, I am rather partial to Darren Aronofsky films - most especially Pi and Requiem for a Dream. I would have to include Noah in that exclusive list as well now - it was truly an EPIC experience, and that is not something I can say about many films - epic on the scale of a Lord of the Rings or a Titanic. It straddles the 'big backdrop' of the cleansing of the planet against the personal backdrop of personal decisions and self-will extremely well, and the overall effect is one of catharsis and renewed faith.

I loved the constant reference to the 'Creator' as well; instead of 'almighty god' or 'the omnipotent one'. The 'Creator' just rings so nicely after being so immersed in the terminology of Ra in this phase of my life.

There were some really nice touches as well; for eg, finding out that Noah was a veggie (a vegetarian) in one of the first scenes of the film, and also seeing who the 'Watchers' were.

The soundtrack had the Requiem for a Dream theme going, with the high pitched strings doing their magic; but hey, when you find something that works for you, then it becomes a true fingerprint (the composer Clint Mansell did both soundtracks).

anyway, thanks for mentioning your thoughts; I probably would have gotten around to watching Noah eventually, but your recommend spurred me on.

cheers.

Plenum
(07-09-2014, 03:38 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I loved the constant reference to the 'Creator' as well; instead of 'almighty god' or 'the omnipotent one'. The 'Creator' just rings so nicely after being so immersed in the terminology of Ra in this phase of my life.

Hello Plenum,

I see We've shared same experience. I'm Glad since I remember how Pleasant it was Smile
I've met this movie shortly after concentrating more and more Work on seeking the Spirit and it gave me fascinating example of it.