Bring4th

Full Version: Soulmate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm curious as to what some of you believe when it comes to the idea of soulmates (your "one true love"). I think it's hilarious how my belief about soulmates is perfectly described by dictionary.com...

1.) A person with whom one has a strong affinity.

2.) One of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity.

We are all connected, we are all the same source...maybe some of us have reincarnated with the same 1 or 2 souls over and over again as lovers, and we feel that if we meet that person, they are "the one"...I think they are no more "the one" than anyone else you can vibe harmoniously with....please share your thoughts.

Godspeed!
Most of this planet have reincarnated several hundred times, and some more than a thousand. Every experience that can be experienced has been experienced. This is why it is time of the harvest. Spirits do stick together and help each other out. There can be every possible combination one can imagine, father-son, son-mother, brother-sister, lovers, friends, killed by, killer, rich, poor, benefactor, benefited... at the soul level we are of service to the other self (unless sts), so we help kindred spirits in their experience by working on shared lessons. Those of higher densities and wandering here may have spent billions of years together.

Ultimately, we are all soul mates, and yet none are soul mates, for we are all the One Creator, and how can one be a mate to the self?

I found this interesting, and it has tones of thought on the subject you ask about. You will undoubtedly enjoy the beginning. Below is a link to the first in a ten part series by Ram Dass, called "The Breath Within The Breath"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvxkgOHjpNw
Hi. It is my understanding that when a Soul is created by its "parent" social memory complex this Soul is indeed a pair or twins. Usually Incarnations will be so as to allow each aspect to grow and learn separately; however with the Harvest approaching many will have written into their life "blueprints" a reunion with their Twin Flame.
This, I believe is what you are referring to as "Soulmate" or one true love.

Love & Light

ayadew

Glad you liked that one Peregrinus

"Lovers do not finally meet somewhere.. they are in each other all along" - Ram Dass (but he quotes someone)
(02-24-2010, 05:19 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. It is my understanding that when a Soul is created by its "parent" social memory complex this Soul is indeed a pair or twins. Usually Incarnations will be so as to allow each aspect to grow and learn separately; however with the Harvest approaching many will have written into their life "blueprints" a reunion with their Twin Flame.

Love & Light

This doesn't make sense to me. I have not read anywhere of a social memory complex creating a soul, and this is not what happens according to the Ra Materials, where there is a progression/ascension of the spirit through the densities.

Could you clarify if this is LLR material?
Great topic, Turtle. I have some opinions based on my own experiences and research. These do not have a corresponding citation in the LLR material.

I believe that for each person, there are a few other individuals that would be especially well suited to harmonious romantic relationships. It seems to me that for each person, these potentially very positive matches are maybe 1 to 10% of the population for people who have very specific focus and criteria in their lives. On up to maybe 30% for people who are not very picky.

There may well be one individual with whom we have an extraordinary potential for happy, unified co-evolution of committed relationships within this incarnation. If we miss out on finding and properly joining our lives with that one person, we may miss out on our greatest opportunity for positivity in this life. It makes the most sense to me that this would primarily come about because of shared experiences in previous lifetimes, or shared experiences in spiritual realms outside this life. If there is such a potential partner in this life and we miss them, that doesn't mean at all that we can't have a happy, positive, love-filled life of growth and enjoyment!

Not everyone has such as potential soulmate. Even if there is someone like that, the circumstances or level of preparedness for such a relationship may be lacking on one or both sides. An encounter in circumstances when one or both partners are not able to realize this possibility could become very unhappy, and end poorly.

"Love at first sight," being married or partnered a long time, feeling all bubbly when in another's company... none of these are reliable guides to whether someone is a soulmate or a good match. They merely show a degree of charisma, sex appeal, or comfort on some level.

Brittany

A lot of people think my husband and I are soul mates, because we fell in love the instant we saw each other. It was like we'd already known each other for years. Things naturally progressed to marriage and we've been married nearly two years now and still act like kids in love. Still, I have a hard time imagining that two people would be destined to be together, unless they'd decided to be together before incarnation. Seems like that's kind of throwing away free will. I think finding someone you resonate with and sharing love with them is a wondeful thing, but not necessarily brought about because they are the only other being in the universe you would be compatible with.
(02-24-2010, 05:50 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I have a hard time imagining that two people would be destined to be together, unless they'd decided to be together before incarnation. Seems like that's kind of throwing away free will.

How would that be throwing away free will? Everything we do while in the incarnate state is due to having free will. There is no guarantee that the planned event wouldn't go wrong anyway, due to free will.

(02-24-2010, 05:50 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I think finding someone you resonate with and sharing love with them is a wondeful thing, but not necessarily brought about because they are the only other being in the universe you would be compatible with.

In the incarnate state, I have all but given up on meeting anyone with the same spiritual values, without an addiction or alcohol problem, and wants a 44 year old man with a 19 month old daughter.

I woke from a dream this morning where I had gone through literally tens of thousands of women and rejected them all, only to get upset that I couldn't find anyone remotely compatible. At that point in the dream, I sat in a hammock among trees by a lake and listened to Mr. Mr. "Broken Wings". That's when I woke up.

In dream analysis, this indicates that there are feelings or situations that I may want to be rid of, or may be refusing to accept a situation that is being imposed and forced upon me. Either way, it leaves me single and wishing I could share my new found happiness with someone.
Thanks for the thread Turtle!
A few thoughts and questions.
(02-24-2010, 03:43 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Most of this planet have reincarnated several hundred times, and some more than a thousand.

This has been something I've been curious about in regards to how many physical incarnations Wanders might have had. Whether they are 4,5,or 6th density. More on topic, how does being a Wanderer effect our chances to find a partner, companion,lover, that are soul mates. How many family units exist on the planet that would be a compatible fit for a incarnating Wanderer? Aside from a family choice made in order to produce challenging catalysts for accelerated growth and awareness.

I personally don't think I've ever met a singular soul mate. Perhaps I don't have one incarnated here, perhaps there's no such thing. I have though been fortunate to meet and maybe create many soul brothers and sisters. Some I think and feel are mates from other incarnations. Some who seem to be on a very similar life or spiritual evolutionary path. Some I think have been created through mutual loving and honoring relationships.

If I do have a "twin flame" out there somewhere I look forward to reuniting and sharing our notes and maybe a beer or a tea. BigSmile

Something I have learned is that the more intimate and long term the relationship is with anyone (soul mates in this case) the more energy and time is required to maintain a positive, loving, nurturing relationship. I've been told by some that the main vehicle for soul growth in this incarnation (maybe mostly for 3rd d's) is interpersonal relationship of all kinds. I have found that the closer the relationship the greater the potential for catalyst. Sometimes joyful sometimes not so. Smile

In the end, as it has been stated here already, we know through the Law of One that we are all soul mates because we are all one with our creator.

Thanks for letting me ramble. BigSmile
Love&Light to all my mates.
James
(02-24-2010, 05:19 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. It is my understanding that when a Soul is created by its "parent" social memory complex this Soul is indeed a pair or twins. Usually Incarnations will be so as to allow each aspect to grow and learn separately; however with the Harvest approaching many will have written into their life "blueprints" a reunion with their Twin Flame.

Love & Light

I'm with Ashim on this, but it's not based on the Law of One. I don't think the Law of One addresses the issue, that I recall. But that doesn't mean it ain't so.

I do remember Q'uo stating that anyone could make whatever relationship they were currently in work. (Not probable, but ever possible!) So perhaps the potential is always there. But, for that matter, we could show perfect love to everyone 100% of the time! How can we hope to coexist harmoniously in a SMC if we can't even do it with one person?

In her excellent book, Love Signs, Linda Goodman provides the best explanation of twin flames I've ever seen. It resonated deeply with me. Not everyone is currently with their twin flame, but that doesn't mean their twin flame isn't out there someplace.

Maybe it's wistful thinking, or maybe it's easy for me to believe this since I am with the love of my life and we bring out the strength and the best in each other (ie. complementary in terms of spiritual growth), or maybe I just find the idea romantic, but I personally do accept it as probable truth. I think it meshes with the whole idea of polarity in this dimension. Think about it: We have 2 genders, we have 2 polarities...it makes sense that our souls would have split, maybe just temporarily while we're in 3D, to fully experience polarity...not in the sense of STS/STO but in the sense of male/female, yin/yang (which doesn't necessarily always translate to gender but could be relative).

If true, the whole idea of twin flames has less to do with compatibility (ie., getting along, both like to go skiing, both like rock music, etc.) and more to do with offering the perfect complement to the other's spiritual growth.

A large % of marriages are karmic, rather than twin flame unions.

A few books I recommend on the subject:

Love Signs by Linda Goodman
The Shared Heart by Barry & Joyce Vissell
The Esoteric Philosophy of Love and Marriage by Dion Fortune
Conscious Conception: A Journey into the Labyrinth of Sexuality by Jeannine Parvati Baker

And the most amazing movie: What Dreams May Come illustrates the concept profoundly.
Peregrinus, dear brother, I feel you might give up on love's potential too soon.

There have been many women who had faith in their men, even though unable to see his vision for themselves.

Henry Ford credits his wife's unfailing support with his ability to take the vehicles he saw in his mind, and ultimately be able to build them in his shop. Did she personally help him test different alloys for crankshafts? Probably not. But her consistent belief in what he believed in was a great support to him, before there was any physical evidence that he could build a reliable, affordable engine.

Later, when his car company was a great success, he passionately hated the unions. One evening he told her that he would destroy the company before he gave them an inch. She said that if he would be that destructive for his pride, throwing away his legacy, she could no longer stand beside him as his wife. The next day, he made what was likely the most generous union deal in the world at the time.

So, even a woman who isn't inspired a spiritual vision might be inspired by her faith in you, and might have a piece of the puzzle for your own evolution.

Think of the many years Carla organized Don's research before either of them had a guess what it might all mean... and how essential her organization was to his piles of notes, before she was a channel herself.

The world doesn't have that many people who are familiar with the L/L Research material. But it does have many sincere adherents of religions or philosophies that are entirely compatible with a Law of One seeker's life. A devout Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, Sufi, Sikh, or mystical Christian (either Protestant or Catholic - especially Franciscan) might well admire your spiritual search and support it completely, without any reservations.

I know that the Unitarian and Quaker congregations I've been in would welcome you with open arms, be intrigued by your discoveries, and honor your questions sincerely.

Perhaps 10% of humanity might have a spiritual path that would be utterly compatible with yours, free of any conflicts over your faith.

I suspect that about 80% of Americans are free of unhealed addictions, and perhaps half enjoy a reasonable amount of emotional maturity. A disproportionate amount of these stable people would already have a spiritual practice such as the ones I mentioned.

In terms of age, I think the '66 Year of the Fire Horse may have been the smallest number of American births on the cusp of the late Boomer/early gen-X transition. There were still millions of Americans born that year, and each year on either side. If you had a broader range from the classic "(x/2)+7" up to, say, ten years older than yourself, that's likely about 1/3 of Americans. Of these, perhaps a quarter of them might be available to develop a new relationship. And of those, isn't it likely that at least 10% (with much overlap with the spiritually and psychologically mature groups) would have enough loving tolerance and faith to see that a good man who's been broken by circumstances should have a fresh start?

This is the situation of the rock star & his partner in my own house. His ex destroyed most of his instruments and equipment, and cut his irreplaceable master tapes of his next album into confetti. His current love chose to move in with someone who was, like her, also destitute and starting over after fleeing an abusive violent, crazy person on the terms of "take whatever you have to, I'm out of here!" They are more familiar with rice and beans than they'd like, but the air crackles with the energy of their devotion. In a photo lineup, could she recognize which of his valuable remaining instruments is in which pawn shop now to pay for the rice? Probably not, but that doesn't matter to either of them.

Even without accounting for the overlap between categories, it's likely that at least 1 in 10,000 women might be delighted to explore this incarnation with you for as many days as you each have remaining here. In the U.S. alone, if all those women were to move to the same place, it would be for you a heavenly town with a population over 15,000. And that's before even considering the rest of the world.

If there was a Mrs. P, where would you two go together, and who would you meet there? Perhaps events focused on spiritual and relationship matters in 90+ agreement with the LLR materials, such as Bashar, David Wilcock, Gay & Kathlyn Hendricks? Metaphysical bookstores? Temples and services of the religions mentioned above? To hike in the woods? To take your daughter to the park swings? To the grocery story? Talks about astrophysics at the local university? A Bach or blues concert?

What if you were to go to those places, and meet those people, even before Mrs. P is at your side? Maybe fewer than 1% of the people such an event or place might potentially be your match... but maybe 10% might like to have a new friend with an intriguing perspective, who they'd be honored to introduce to their relatives & friends.

The odds are large enough that if the hosts of Heaven wished to organize a coincidence for your blessing, you wouldn't have to go very far to meet them halfway. At worst, you'd have some new friends who believe in you now.
I said in my first post that I was interested in all of your opinions on this subject. I must say, I enjoyed reading them all. Thanks for sharing!

Godspeed!
While I could be committed to someone, I don't get attached. I have learned to find love in myself. To me, the concept of soul mate has little meaning. I try to see love in everything and everyone.

I do have someone I chat online with on a daily basis that may become a relationship later. But whatever turns out, I am ok either way. I keep telling them that they should find happiness in themselves as I cannot give that to them.
I tend to think that this longing for a perfect love comes from a longing for the perfect union with the creator. It's a part of the whole separation thing.

My marriage in this life is most likely karmic - we get a chance to build a long-term relationship, after at least a couple of other times of illicit love. He is my best friend and true love, but twin flame? Nah. Doesn't need to be.

When it comes to spiritual compatibility I'd just look for an open mind and an open heart. If someone can accept me for who I am, then they're frankly quite open-minded. No need to share beliefs beyond that. My husband is Christian, and he was in fact the first person I met who, calling himself a Christian, yet accepted me exactly the way I was.

I can relate to the twin soul idea from a very unusual 'dream' I had once, where I went through some kind of initiation together with a twin sister, who wasn't my sister, but a different, more intuitive part of my present self.

oguz

dear people,
im uploading a nice book under this thread.
its name is : only love is real.

a story of 2 twin flames

hope you'll like
If my understanding and truth is to be shared it is that all possible possibilities are allowed in creation. That would mean that if a soul wants a soulmate/twinflame it can have that. I have been "looking" and waiting and watching for it my whole life. And there have been times when I thought I was close. But from the descriptions of other peoples experiences and from info I have read elsewhere, souls can indeed be split just like a cell, genes, and chromosomes. Just like duality and polarity. It is perfectly possible. In fact it can fragment and fracture and branch just like all of creation.

fairyfarmgirl

When I met my husband, he and I looked at each other and said nearly at the same "Well, you sure did decide to show up late!" LOL We have been together for 4 years now. It was recognition of deep love at first sight with a high degree of resonance.

A compatible love-mate shows up in the most unlikely of circumstances in the most unlikely of ways--- the key is to simply state to the universe that you are ready and willing to accept a Loving Mate more like yourself. This is law of attraction 101---

I am extremely blessed to be with this man I call husband... I sure did create a lot of catalyst for myself over the years.

I met my husband as a single mother--- for years I thought--- 'who would want me... a single mother, jobless, penniless, and homeless... Well, guess what! The creator does not make junk! And once I understood this, I was ready and willing to accept a Loving Mate that is aligned with my soul.

I believe there are soul groups. When you find one of your soul group it is like being home when you look into their eyes and hug. All time seems to stand still and all that matters is the connection.

I have been very fortunate to meet many of my soul group-- many of whom are all over the world...

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
(02-25-2010, 11:36 AM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to think that this longing for a perfect love comes from a longing for the perfect union with the creator. It's a part of the whole separation thing.

My marriage in this life is most likely karmic - we get a chance to build a long-term relationship, after at least a couple of other times of illicit love. He is my best friend and true love, but twin flame? Nah. Doesn't need to be.
Wow Appleseed, you hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned....

First of all, I too believe it's the separation with the divine that causes our hunger to find the one who will in some way magically solve all our misery and make everything good.

On my first serious relationship we believed it to be soulmates, it all turned out to be difficult. We didn't belong together but we refused to see that or give it up. Past life regression showed we had been in an arranged political marriage in a former life.. You know one where arguments in the bedroom could very well end up as arguments on a battle field. No pressure Tongue

After that I just don't believe in soul mates anymore. I think "The one" is the one with whom things work out.. This requires a choice and continued commitment from both sides. You'll get out of it what you put into it. Soul mates kind of implies a free ride, nothing can separate you. So you don't have to work on it. I think from my experiences I'd rather find someone who doesn't take me for granted who doesn't consider my presence as a given.

So me too... Soul mates, rather not...
I suppose I am with my soulmate. My last incarnation was about 500 years ago. In the same family line. I found that my wife had incarnated in the same timeframe so I continued questioning. I found that we are repeating our experiences together. As a test to validate my findings I wrote down multiple names of wives in my family line and she hit on the specific name of my previous wife. What is funny about the whole thing is she is more of a fundy and doesn't believe in reincarnation. But she is amazed at the ability to ask her soul anything. What brings joy to me is finding that we will continue to incarnate as male/male/male and female/female/female together. Of course we are not a part of the harvest, we are middle of the line in completing experience. Most of my previous lives I was an evil person. Just looking at my last life has given me huge insight as to why I have had so much negative experience to go through. I have made amends for my previous life transgressions, but have not made amends for what I have done during this life. Self sacrifice seems to be a tipping point. Once you have made a choice, it is like flipping a switch. You can move on to your next choice, without being bound to your first choice. Kind of like you just passed a test and have no need to pass the same test again.