Bring4th

Full Version: Home Sickness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I am new to these forums, and student of The Law of One. Finding the Law of One teachings in many ways felt like coming home... However, as of late I have been experiencing an overwhelming feeling of "home sickness". I have a very loving and supportive family, however I still feel home sick... And a bit isolated. I know the contrary to be true, and thought perhaps I should try finding a like minded spiritual community to become a part of. I have not been able to find a like minded community where I reside.

Is anyone else in a similar boat, or have experience with such feelings?

Thank you!

Much love and light to all.

Joy
Yes, I think it is a common feeling amongst wanderers. I've eagerly prayed to go home at times. Sometimes this is when things are not too bad here. I am just sensitive to being on Earth. I think you're not alone. There are many beings out there who have unconditional love for you.
Thank you for your support and understanding Gemini. Fortunately I do have tremendous gratitude for the unconditional love by my family which are both incarnated and not currently on Earth.

Yes, I have felt out of step here for as long as I can remember, however this melancholy for returning home has become more frequent and strong, the more intimate I become with the Law of One. I assume some of this could possibly be a symptom of ascension, since the big shift. It is a mixture of excitement, and a feeling of longing to be home.

I do cherish and appreciate my incarnation here without question. It is kind of like being away at college, and anticipating going back home after graduation. Maybe I have a little short timers syndrome. J/K Wink

But in all seriousness, this feeling is very profound and only seems to propel myself deeper into the Law of One. I do my best to not be carried away by these emotions, as intense as they have increasingly become.

Definitely helps to have a safe place to discuss this as well. <3
synch...

i watched the most recent new episode of hell's kitchen tonight, just before seeing this post of yours actually, & let me tell u what happened in the ep:

1st of all, since the very 1st ep of this season, i was putting my money on this girl named joy to win the competition...but in the ep i watched tonight, which was like the 3rd to last ep of the season - there were only 5 contestants remaining, joy quits in the middle dinner service (quit bc of ramsay, of course)

it was the 1st time any1 has quit like that on the show i think. at the end of the show ramsay says "joy's quitting was one of the most shocking things i've ever experienced in hell's kitchen" ...he tried to get her to stay but she wasn't having it. she decided she had had enough...after a while, though, she realized she made a mistake but it was too late to do anything about it

she called ramsay cute in the ep & also said something funny/inappropriate to a famous person then ramsay looked at her like wth. stan lee was in it & saying all kinds of hilarious things. it was a great ep. & in another part a girl cuts off the tip of her thumb...but it left u thinking about joy...then i get on b4th, thinking about joy, & see a new person on the forum named joy! AAAAHHHHHHHH! welcome to b4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I long to go home too.

For many years now, walking the dog at night is my time for prayer. I always talk with That One. I remember in my youth sometimes yelling at That Power. The memory makes me laugh at myself.

These days it’s talk, looking up at the night sky . . but just about always, when that is complete, I shift my head a little to talk with my Teachers, and my Guides, and my Elders, and my Family, often apologizing for not yet feeling that my work is complete, or good enough, and always letting them know how very happy I will be when I finally return home.
Isis, wow that is such trip! Thank you! You know, now I think I must check out that show finally too. Wink

Charles, my favorite time to pray or talk with my spirit family is when I am out walking our dog through our woods too. Nature has always been my temple. It is comforting to be reminded that we are all just walking each other home... <3

P.S. I just ordered A Wanderer's Handbook. It is one I have not read yet, and appears to have a lot of helpful information on this topic. Smile
I like to pray or talk to the One when I'm lying in bed at night. I tend to want the easy way out.
I don't walk my dogs because we have a fenced in yard.
I am very close to Loki, my wolfdog. He's lying now in his own chair, sleeping.
I have gratitude for my spiritual family, but I don't always remember it.

My veil is unusually thick. So it gives me a strong feeling of separation.
But I think coming into this life, I wanted a thicker veil so I'd get the full human experience.
I can feel so alone in the Universe.

I haven't felt symptoms of ascension. Not sure which big shift you are referring to. If it was December 21, 2012, I didn't notice anything happen.
I hear ya Gemini. I have a German Sheppard/Husky mix, and unfortunately our property isn't even enough for her. LOL She often walks me... Smile Actually I noticed the veil thinning more than I ever had throughout my life, after I began studying and practicing the Law of One material. It wasn't actually what I would have described as a pleasant experience at first, as to be honest it felt a bit disorienting and emotional. I mean I have always been empathic and intuitive (sensitive), but for many years I was a bit directionless with it, and due to a turbulent youth, first believed it to be a liability.
However, now I am being much gentler with myself, creating healthy boundaries, and reaching out for support from other positive oriented souls, including my soul family.
The "shift" seemed to begin from my perspective last April, however, in hind sight, looking back, I think it was just when 2012 was approaching. It was subtle then, but I see now how the tides were starting to change then. I look at all of the societal events globally that have occurred since then, and there does appear to be a significant awakening/resistance taking place everywhere.
My study of the Ra material coincided with my first mental breakdown. They both happened around the same time. It certainly wasn't pleasant, although there were adorable aspects to it.

Most of my trouble mentally now happens from having to work. I actually enjoy my time off when I don't have to do anything. I don't even like working at home.

Yeah, I have some major resistance to the changes going on. Some inner turmoil. I spend a lot of time in bed, even if I'm not sleeping.

But Earth has its rewards. There are so many beings on the other side who are so eager to have a chance to incarnate on Earth. We were the select few who made it. We fought tooth and nail for a chance to incarnate. So it might seem hard while we're here. But we chose to be here, and eagerly so.

I think life will be easier when I retire. That is if it isn't a major pain then.
(07-11-2014, 08:40 PM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

I am new to these forums, and student of The Law of One. Finding the Law of One teachings in many ways felt like coming home... However, as of late I have been experiencing an overwhelming feeling of "home sickness". I have a very loving and supportive family, however I still feel home sick... And a bit isolated. I know the contrary to be true, and thought perhaps I should try finding a like minded spiritual community to become a part of. I have not been able to find a like minded community where I reside.

Is anyone else in a similar boat, or have experience with such feelings?

Thank you!

Much love and light to all.

Joy

Hello Joy (what a wonderful name!) and welcome to this forum!

You're definitely not alone! That's for sure.

First of all, here are some threads of similar subject:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...e+sickness

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6881

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...mesickness

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...ight=blues

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...ight=blues

You have some members here who are experiencing or have experienced the same thing. Smile

My personal experience has been that it never worked to use my intellect or analytical mind in regards to home sickness. I used to have a very painful and intensive home sickness. I used to break down and cry for a "family" that I just knew was somewhere out there. I've read about "star seeds" and "travelers" and whatnot, but never considered myself to be one of them until I run into the Ra material. Ra turned my whole world upside down, for the good of course. And it was like for you, Ra intensified this feeling of loss, sorrow and missing my home and my family. It's like when Ra speaks, I *feel* each word. It speaks to me on all levels, and wakes something within me so deeply, that I used to cry each time when I read Ra.

Anyways, as I said, it never worked for me to intellectualize these feelings and experiences. But I have been able to share them in love and light in this place and with my closest ones. I think that this sharing is what helps most. Share, feel that pain, cry, share again. This forum for instance is an excellent place for doing it.

What eventually took away my home sickness, which I thought would never go away or disappear, is that I found joy of life. And I found love. Love that runs so deeply within me, that I wouldn't leave this planet even if the whole place was on fire. Joy of life that runs as deeply.

I wouldn't be so cocky as to state that I am completely "cured", but the love that I feel is so deep that I really do NOT want to leave either this life or this planet. On contrary, I am working with myself every day to become more and more one with people here, and to consider *this* place as my home.

I still remember my home though. I still miss my family. And I want to go back home, but only when I am done here. And that's a quite a difference and *progress* compared to when I joined this forum.

Good luck to you too! Smile
When I found out how boring my disincarnate family is, I stopped caring.

Also, I say this mostly to poke fun at them.
(07-13-2014, 03:22 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]When I found out how boring my disincarnate family is, I stopped caring.

Also, I say this mostly to poke fun at them.

I don't know my disincarnate family.
So I don't know how boring or entertaining they would be.
But I get feelings of love when I think about them,
but only slightly. I'm fond of them.
But they might as well be strangers to me.
My veil is so thick.

It's weird, but I don't know what home is, so I don't know why I miss it.
I have no memory of it.
And here it comes! Just cause I said probably...

I can't focus. I don't want to do anything....

Hooooomesicknesssss....

Damn! f***!!
I get along pretty well here.
I miss my family soooo much....
I have never had home sickness in the normal way but an intense longing of the unknowable or other worldly feeling, that stillness in the moment of mystery
Knowing that my family is watching over me, and knows me intimately gives me hope that we will reunite one day.
Anthro or not, I still send my love out to them.
I'm not feeling homesick at the moment.
Just a little dizzy.
But could be the caffeine.
I certainly feel an increase in energies about me. Like my family is right here.

Awww Ankh. I wish the best for you. I send my light and love.
Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and love so openly with me. This has helped me tremendously in learning to cope with the emotions associated with the distortion of separation.

I am also finding Carla's book, The Wanderer's
Handbook to be quite helpful. Have any of you happened to have read it as of yet?

Love and light,

Joy
I think I read it a long time ago. I don't remember what it said. I have a copy somewhere.
Yes, Joy, I've read it, and that book was good. Smile
I used to feel homesickness. Now the feeling is almost indiscernible, although I still have my moment occasionally. I think I started feeling this way when I started accepting I was right where I need to be. I also look at this incarnation like a vacation: When I am on vacation, I focus on where I am and enjoying myself. If I constantly wished I was home, it would negatively impact the enjoyment of my vacation. Why go on the vacation at all if I am constantly distracted away from the experience? Now that I have gone to all the trouble to be here so 'far away' from home, why not enjoy myself?
(07-15-2014, 04:06 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]And here it comes! Just cause I said probably...

I can't focus. I don't want to do anything....

Hooooomesicknesssss....

Damn! f***!!

(07-15-2014, 04:12 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I miss my family soooo much....

I don't know my family, but what I assume about them, I miss them too. Oh well, it won't be too long.
Whether one likes it or not, this is our home. This is our place of reckoning. A place that may not feel as harmonious or genuine as our home but it's our home nonetheless. Our goal within these incarnations was never to realize this separation but to embrace the potential for unity among the disjointed souls who aimlessly drift this confusing illusion. Drifting with thoughts of how to live ones life according their own accumulated biases that make absolutely no sense to us yet it's what they have ever known.

It has been and will always be our goal to show these misguided souls how life can be. Not the errors of their way necessarily but the misdirection of their desires. This mission that we fought so hard to win is where the idea of homesickness falls away. Once a wanderer realizes that their mission has yet to be fulfilled, they can then redirect this useless longing where it was originally intended. To be here for those who aren't so fortunate to realize this grand creation. To help this wonderful mother sphere in her birthing. To see it to completion no matter the price that we pay because we aren't here for ourselves. We are here for everyone else and if you can remember this, this illusion shall be that much more wonderful than it already is.
You're right Jeremy. Being here isn't half bad. Always good to be reminded of that.
Parsons, I love your vacation analogy. Thank you! Smile

Jeremy, thank you, yes... absolutely. I think of this journey as my mission, and I do love my present home dearly, as well as every other being. We are all one! Nothing truly separates us... we are just walking one another home.

It helps to focus on our likenesses more than our differences I have found, and life definitely seems to be about practice, not perfection. Wink We all are already perfect.