Bring4th

Full Version: Ra 30.2 - Breakdown of the Mind Body Spirit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Questioner: Thank you. Would you define mind, body, and spirit separately?

Ra: I am Ra. These terms are all simplistic descriptive terms which equal a complex of energy focuses; the body, as you call it, being the material of the density which you experience at a given space/time or time/space; this complex of materials being available for distortions of what you would call physical manifestation.

Ra defines the body as the physical manifestation/material in which we experience the density we are in.

Quote:The mind is a complex which reflects the inpourings of the spirit and the up-pourings of the body complex.

Pretty self-explanatory so far

Quote:It contains what you know as feelings, emotions, and intellectual thoughts in its more conscious complexities.

I have heard many refer to an "emotional" body or that emotions come from Spirit. This line seems to imply that feelings/emotions are contained within the mind.

Quote:Moving further down the tree of mind we see the intuition which is of the nature of the mind more in contact or in tune with the total beingness complex.

This line is what really fascinated and spurred me to create this thread. I have been trying to figure out what exactly the faculty of intuition is. On the MBTI, it appears I pretty heavily take in information via Intuition rather than my 5 physical senses. It always seemed to be information being funneled down from some "higher" source. Ra defines intuition as being 'the mind being more in contact or in tune with the total beingness complex'. I can guess at what "total beingness complex" is, but I wouldn't be able to know for sure without inquiring further. My first inclination would be guess it is the higher self of our higher self, but it could simply be another way of saying our higher self.

Also, since zenmaster seemed to have a different view of what intuition is, I would have loved to discussed this quote with him. Oh well /shrug

Quote:Moving down to the roots of mind we find the progression of consciousness which gradually turns from the personal to the racial memory, to the cosmic influxes, and thus becomes a direct contactor of that shuttle which we call the spirit complex.

This line begins to hint that the mind/body/spirit complex is actually a gradient and not separate concepts. Our mind is connected via a gradient to the racial memory (perhaps what some have referred to as the Collective Consciousness?), connected to 'cosmic influxes' (whatever that means), then connected to the spirit complex(described in the next line).

Quote:This spirit complex is the channel whereby the inpourings from all of the various universal, planetary, and personal inpourings may be funneled into the roots of consciousness and whereby consciousness may be funneled to the gateway of intelligent infinity through the balanced intelligent energy of body and mind.

If I am following the session and the progression/gradient of the mind/body/spirit complex, it seems that Ra is saying the roots of mind connect to the spirit complex (which is a collection of the universal, planetary and personal inpourings) which are funneled to the roots of consciousness, which is funneled to the gateway of intelligent infinity through the required balanced intelligent energy of the mind and body. Honestly they really start losing with me a bit here, especially how this is worded. I am not sure if the bit about 'balanced intelligent energy' is a correct interpretation.

Quote:You will see by this series of definitive statements that mind, body, and spirit are inextricably intertwined and cannot continue, one without the other. Thus we refer to the mind/body/spirit complex rather than attempting to deal with them separately, for the work, shall we say, that you do during your experiences is done through the interaction of these three components, not through any one.

A nice recap by Ra and puts into perspective that this Experience is not merely a product of the mind and the body interacting with a physical universe.
(07-14-2014, 03:28 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard many refer to an "emotional" body or that emotions come from Spirit. This line seems to imply that feelings/emotions are contained within the mind.

Emotions occur in the mind, but they are closely related to intuition, which, as Ra noted, is mind which is more in contact with the "total beingness complex", which I interpret or understand to be the spirit complex. So you can think of emotions as mental components that are closer to spirit than say, regular thoughts for example.

(07-14-2014, 03:28 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]This line is what really fascinated and spurred me to create this thread. I have been trying to figure out what exactly the faculty of intuition is. On the MBTI, it appears I pretty heavily take in information via Intuition rather than my 5 physical senses. It always seemed to be information being funneled down from some "higher" source. Ra defines intuition as being 'the mind being more in contact or in tune with the total beingness complex'. I can guess at what "total beingness complex" is, but I wouldn't be able to know for sure without inquiring further. My first inclination would be guess it is the higher self of our higher self, but it could simply be another way of saying our higher self.

I would agree, in a sense. The higher self, and its higher self (mind/body/spirit totality) in my way of thinking, is the intermediary between pure intelligent infinity, which we might call spirit, or the total beingness complex. You can think of it as the translator between undifferentiated unity, and the individuated distortion of the mind/body/spirit complex.

(07-14-2014, 03:28 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since zenmaster seemed to have a different view of what intuition is, I would have loved to discussed this quote with him. Oh well /shrug

Far be it for me to speak for zenmaster, but, as I recall, he tended to lean towards the view that feelings were inline with what we call "intuition", and that emotions were simply psychological reactions. Personally, I don't see sharp lines between the two, but rather, see emotions and feelings as vibrational interpretations of the overall current focus of thought as it measures up against the higher self focus of thought (which is less distorted, and more lined up with spirit).

(07-14-2014, 03:28 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:This spirit complex is the channel whereby the inpourings from all of the various universal, planetary, and personal inpourings may be funneled into the roots of consciousness and whereby consciousness may be funneled to the gateway of intelligent infinity through the balanced intelligent energy of body and mind.

If I am following the session and the progression/gradient of the mind/body/spirit complex, it seems that Ra is saying the roots of mind connect to the spirit complex (which is a collection of the universal, planetary and personal inpourings) which are funneled to the roots of consciousness, which is funneled to the gateway of intelligent infinity through the required balanced intelligent energy of the mind and body. Honestly they really start losing with me a bit here, especially how this is worded. I am not sure if the bit about 'balanced intelligent energy' is a correct interpretation.

Perhaps this quote will make things clearer:

"4.18 ↥ Questioner: I believe I have some idea of the accomplishment— a little idea, anyway, of the accomplishment— [of the] first step. Can you elaborate the steps… the other two steps I am not at all familiar with.

Ra: I am Ra. Imagine the body. Imagine the more dense aspects of the body. Proceed therefrom to the very finest knowledge of energy pathways which revolve and cause the body to be energized. Understand that all natural functions of the body have all aspects from dense to fine, and can be transmuted to what you may call sacramental. This is a brief investigation of the second area.

To speak to the third: imagine, if you will, the function of the magnet. The magnet has two poles. One reaches up. The other goes down. The function of the spirit is to integrate the upreaching yearning of the mind/body energy with the downpouring and streaming of infinite intelligence. This is a brief explication of the third area."
I don't agree... Emotions are hormonal signals that occurs in the body complex/brain. They can cross over if they are interpreted via mind. Ra mentions in 42.11 they are merely signposts like we call emotions 'markers' in psychology - they just point to something that we're trying to make more conscious.

MBTI distinguishes feelings and intuition btw, Jung saw them as separate constructs.

Unbound

Notice how Ra refers to "funneling", which is to concentrate upon a pathway. The purpose of the spirit complex is to be that center where the intelligent infinity can be translated down in to the mind/body and how the mind/body can reach towards intelligent infinity.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The vibratory distortion of sound, faith, is perhaps one of the stumbling blocks between those of what we may call the infinite path and those of the finite proving/understanding.

You are precisely correct in your understanding of the congruency of faith and intelligent infinity; however, one is a spiritual term, the other more acceptable perhaps to the conceptual framework distortions of those who seek with measure and pen.

The development of faith and the will enables the mind/body to connect with the spirit complex which is the medium through which intelligent infinity is first contacted. The spirit complex is a representative of intelligent infinity to the mind/body and a representative of the mind/body to intelligent infinity.

I have the strong sense that Ra makes much use of the Tree of Life in his explanations, albeit that is never explicitly mentioned.

An important word I would make note of here is "reflection" in terms of mind. It says that it is the mind that reflects, which means to "cast back" or feedback that which is input, it produces an output. The spirit is the channel structure which organizes intelligent infinity in to intelligent energy patterns which are thus reflected in the mind. The body is the vehicle of experience, it is the interface, the navigational tool.

Made this up to kind of illustrate what I mean:

[Image: II_zps4b7b03af.jpg]

The spirit is the observer (channels consciousness in to focus), the body is the observed (manifestation of focus) and the mind is the framework of observation which seats the awareness of focus. Focus is the function of the Logos. The (sub-sub-)Logos focuses according to free will and is also capable of focusing on those things which may distort the mind or body in extreme ways, making the energy charges held in the different polarities of each out of proportion resulting in destabilization. This is what I believe they mean when they talk of 'balanced intelligent energy'. It is an equilibrium of charges in the polarities of the body and mind.
(07-14-2014, 05:29 AM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]I don't agree... Emotions are hormonal signals that occurs in the body complex/brain. They can cross over if they are interpreted via mind. Ra mentions in 42.11 they are merely signposts like we call emotions 'markers' in psychology - they just point to something that we're trying to make more conscious.

MBTI distinguishes feelings and intuition By the way, Jung saw them as separate constructs.

I don't mean to give the impression that emotions do not have a biological and chemical reflection in the body. I just don't think that is where they begin.

Imagine for a moment that you are discarnate, a spirit with no chemical vehicle. Would you then be an emotionless robot? I would argue the physical apparatus only reflects the inpouring emotions which begin in the mind complex.

I'm familiar with the distinction Jung saw between them, I just don't see a significant distinction between them myself, in my own personal experience. They both arise in response to focus, in my experience.
Quote:Moving down to the roots of mind we find the progression of consciousness which gradually turns from the personal to the racial memory, to the cosmic influxes, and thus becomes a direct contactor of that shuttle which we call the spirit complex.

This is an interesting one. If i have understood this correctly Ra seems to be saying that the Mind is like a tree. You have the top of the Tree basically being the body complex (body being a product of the mind) or the external environment. You then have the personal/emotional mind, moving on towards the intuition/subconscious into what i would term the unconscious racial mind moving towards the cosmic or universal mind.

I assume the Racial mind is the racial memory of the human race on this sphere?
zenmaster Wrote:Emotions are unconscious reactions. Feelings are conscious evaluations. Both are time/space oriented with emotions being more related to body and feelings more related to mind.

Anagogy are you talking about the 'emotional body'? I am sure everything comes from somewhere else like all our thoughts come from social mind (as per zenmaster).
Reeay, are these metaphysics established anywhere in the Ra material?

Unbound

(07-14-2014, 01:13 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is an interesting one. If i have understood this correctly Ra seems to be saying that the Mind is like a tree. You have the top of the Tree basically being the body complex (body being a product of the mind) or the external environment. You then have the personal/emotional mind, moving on towards the intuition/subconscious into what i would term the unconscious racial mind moving towards the cosmic or universal mind.

I assume the Racial mind is the racial memory of the human race on this sphere?

Consider that the roots of a tree sink deep in to the Earth and from there pull water, nutrients and minerals for growth.
The way I understand it emotions arise from unconscious aspects of mind (High Priestess) which, through the roots of the mind, are closer in touch to the instreamings of spirit; feelings are emotions which have been clothed (or ennobled as Ra might say) by conscious aspects of mind (Empress); complex thoughts arise as a result of the experience of feelings (Emperor).

I'm not 100% happy with this assessment though, and I'm sure it's a little oversimplified Smile
Spaced, thanks for demonstrating that this is inherently archetypal. You're very knowledgeable on this subject. Smile
(07-14-2014, 01:20 PM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]Anagogy are you talking about the 'emotional body'? I am sure everything comes from somewhere else like all our thoughts come from social mind (as per zenmaster).

I wasn't specifically referring to the emotional body, but we could relegate to that level of terminology, if so desired. From a subtle body standpoint, the "emotional body" is the lower astral body or the "personal complex". But there is also a higher emotional body, which is the higher astral body. The lower astral body is the container for the more human emotions, having to do with self, whereas the higher astral body is the container/receptor for the more spiritually transcendent emotions having to do with others. Even from that standpoint, I can't say that emotions are relegated to one specific body, though it is certainly true that, for the most part, we experience the vast majority of these emotional sensations through this orange ray "window" or perspective.

And as for thoughts coming from elsewhere, I sort of agree in a way, so long as this concept of "elsewhere" is understood to be a vibrational level, rather than some other spatial location. The social consciousness that constitutes yellow ray overlaps with every ray at specific points, and thus consciousness that is predominately seated in "yellow ray" can still experience every other ray, albeit from a yellow ray vibrational perspective (however, there are overlap points between every colored ray). We "pick up" on thoughts within our vibrational vicinity or range. And then, of course, as per our egoic nature we then project ownership onto this and take credit for "thinking them".

What I call "emotion" is simply a perception of resonance or dissonance with "who we really are" or "what catalyst has caused us to become" outside of space/time. The time/space analog, "the magical personality", the "unmanifested self", the "significator", the "form maker", the "higher self". These are all different words describing a similar focus of consciousness. So emotion is just our perception of the resonance or dissonance between the "personal complex" and that inner and higher vibrational perspective. They are our perception of the vibrational variance between the "lower self" and the "higher self" (of course, these descriptive terms are clumsy, as "lower" doesn't imply "lesser", but rather "more specific" or "less broad perspective").

So the dissonance/resonance is translated in different ways at every vibrational perspective of consciousness. In the physical body, there is the red ray expression in terms of hormones, neurotransmitters, endogenous chemicals, and all other 3rd density biological clothing that the invisible conscious impulses "dresses" itself in to express at this vibrational level. At other vibrational levels, the expression clothes itself in a slightly less tangible wardrobe of specific imagery. But basically, emotion is simply one of the many ways we discriminate among vibrational thresholds. Another way of discrimination could be described as color perception, sound perception, or theoretically, even smell perception.