Bring4th

Full Version: Name that Language for $500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,

Lawofone.info's creator came upon this translation of the Law of One material online http://ramaterijal.webs.com/.

Neither he nor I know what language this is. His best guess is Polish.

Where in English it would read "I am Ra", the translated text reads, "Ja sam Ra". I ran the words "Ja sam" through Google translator. Google is calling it Polish and translating it as "I myself".

While I've got a lot of Polish in me (my mother's maiden name ends with "ski"), I unfortunately cannot recognize the language. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed Polish?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
: ) GLB
(02-25-2010, 12:15 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]His best guess is Polish.

Actually, my best guess is Bosnian, Croatian, or Serb per sites like these:
http://ruphus.com/identify/
http://langid.net/
http://www.whatlanguageisthis.com/
hi, it is Serbian.

The person who wrote this translated from EN to Slavic (older Russian), in other words, Serbian.

The person is from Yugoslavia and Serbian.
It is Serbian. No need to pay me the $500 though.
Serbian it is. Thank you everyone. We will add this to the listings of translated versions of the Law of One.

(02-25-2010, 01:57 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]It is Serbian. No need to pay me the $500 though.

Phew! I was hoping no one would actually try to cash that in. BigSmile
(02-25-2010, 01:57 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]No need to pay me the $500 though.

Are you kidding? GLB is a rich son of a gun. We should hit him as much as we can BigSmile
Oh, in that case, Serbian. There, I named it twice. That'll be $1000 please Tongue
(02-25-2010, 07:32 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, in that case, Serbian. There, I named it twice. That'll be $1000 please Tongue

I'm sorry Peregrinus, but you didn't answer in the form of a question. The correct response was, "What is Serbian?"
(03-01-2010, 12:37 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2010, 07:32 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, in that case, Serbian. There, I named it twice. That'll be $1000 please Tongue

I'm sorry Peregrinus, but you didn't answer in the form of a question. The correct response was, "What is Serbian?"

Peregrinus, sorry but Lavazza is right. The "answer" needed to be phrased in the form of a question.

Not to worry though! There is a second chance.

The category is: Words Used in Books I - IV

The answer is: 570/633

What is the question?

PS: As I am rich only in spirit (and even then I'm often broke), I will bill thefool should you get the question right.
(03-01-2010, 03:02 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]PS: As I am rich only in spirit (and even then I'm often broke), I will bill thefool should you get the question right.

Check is in the mail and you might have to wait until the hell freezes over Wink
(03-01-2010, 03:02 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]The category is: Words Used in Books I - IV

What is number of times the words love and light were used?
(03-01-2010, 03:51 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2010, 03:02 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]The category is: Words Used in Books I - IV

What is number of times the words love and light were used?

Yes! Way to go βαθμιαίος! Though I'm disappointed that it seems to have been that easy. Did I give it away with the forward slash?

thefool, please have that check in the mail for βαθμιαίος ASAP, with fluctuation in global temperatures, hell may freeze over any day now.

Okay, one more of the same type and then Ra Jeopardy will come to a close.

The category: Words Used in Books I - V
Row: $400

The answer: Topping the charts, this word appears 6,091 times, which is 240% of this other word, the second most used in the series.

(βαθμιαίος, I know you'll get this, so you are not permitted to answer. : )

Peace,
GLB

PS: When I include Book V in the tally, the words "Love" and "Light" jump from 570 and 633, respectively, to 748 and 714, making love in the end the more referenced in the love/light duo.
(03-01-2010, 04:47 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]PS: When I include Book V in the tally, the words "Love" and "Light" jump from 570 and 633, respectively, to 748 and 714, making love in the end the more referenced in the love/light duo.

GLB- you must have a lot of time on your hands to do all thess computations. Anyways I am impressed Smile
(03-01-2010, 04:47 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]thefool, please have that check in the mail for βαθμιαίος ASAP, with fluctuation in global temperatures, hell may freeze over any day now.
Peace,
GLB

Check is already in the mail... When the hell freezes over the banking system would have already collapsed... and who needs paper money when you have to just eat sun light BigSmile
(03-01-2010, 04:47 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]The answer: Topping the charts, this word appears 6,091 times, which is 240% of this other word, the second most used in the series.

What is "distortion"?
(03-01-2010, 05:22 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2010, 04:47 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]The answer: Topping the charts, this word appears 6,091 times, which is 240% of this other word, the second most used in the series.

What is "distortion"?

Good guess Lavazza but no cigar.

Plus even if it were correct it would be only 50% of the question. We are looking for two words here.

(03-01-2010, 10:20 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2010, 05:22 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]

What is "distortion"?

Good guess Lavazza but no cigar.

Plus even if it were correct it would be only 50% of the question. We are looking for two words here.

"How many times do the words 'Ra' and 'density' appear in books I - V?"

Aaron wrote

OH! So close Aaron! Everything in your question is right except for the word "density".

"Density" appears 682 times
"Distortion" appears 672 times
(03-02-2010, 12:35 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]

Aaron wrote

OH! So close Aaron! Everything in your question is right except for the word "density".

"Density" appears 682 times
"Distortion" appears 672 times

Should have opted for a slightly less distorted answer! Tongue
Based on your latest hint, I'd guess that the top two words are Ra and Questioner, since they are named in every interaction. And I'd guess that Q comes up more than Ra, since Don often had a flurry of questions that received a very lengthy answer.
(03-02-2010, 01:06 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Based on your latest hint, I'd guess that the top two words are Ra and Questioner, since they are named in every interaction. And I'd guess that Q comes up more than Ra, since Don often had a flurry of questions that received a very lengthy answer.

Questioner, you've got it right, but in the wrong order!

"Ra" appears 2.4 times more than "Questioner". Mostly because the text reads: "Ra: I am Ra.", plus Don refers to Ra by name.

So it was sort of a trick question because most readers might not consider "Questioner" as a word within the text as it denotes not actual dialogue but one of the two subjects of the dialogue.

Thanks everyone for participating. I knew these numbers because I was recently shown how to make wordclouds out of the Law of One books. I would like to work with Steve in getting the wordcloud images of the Law of One books somewhere up on site.

Or perhaps the truth of it is that I just read... and dance... and dress like this guy:

[Image: Johnny5.jpg]
Wall-E's grandfather Five Alive
You just can't beat an acid washed denim vest. Long live the 80's!!!
Johnny Five rocks! Is he a member here yet?
OMG!! BigSmile
(02-25-2010, 12:15 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friends,

Lawofone.info's creator came upon this translation of the Law of One material online http://ramaterijal.webs.com/.

Neither he nor I know what language this is. His best guess is Polish.

Where in English it would read "I am Ra", the translated text reads, "Ja sam Ra". I ran the words "Ja sam" through Google translator. Google is calling it Polish and translating it as "I myself".

While I've got a lot of Polish in me (my mother's maiden name ends with "ski"), I unfortunately cannot recognize the language. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed Polish?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

due to the prevelance of certain symbols I'm betting Hungary or some of the upper slavic (closer to germany than the balkan) language. I wouldnt say polish on account of too many ^ symbols and such above the letters.

beyond that. Cant help.

Holy heck, sorry for the bump.

Edit: Firefox autotranslated from Croatia succesfully so, Croatia has been confirmed.