Bring4th

Full Version: Imagery Link Between Choice and Spirit Archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO the imagery in the the Choice card is linking back to the imagery in the spirit archetypes. The placement of a flowering plant/rod growing besides a pool of water (crocodile absent) is featured in the catalyst of the spirit. The sun and moon eclipsing each other both present in their separate parts in the experience and the significator of the spirit. The significator of the spirit specifically depicts a male figure holding a flowering rod, which would lend some basis for a similar depiction in the Choice.

[Image: tarot17.jpg][Image: tarot19.jpg]

I understand though that the Choice should really be a summary of not just the spirit archetypes, and a sword in hand is commonly featured in the mind archetypes, specifically the significator and the great way. So i conceded that a sword in place of the flowering plant could work in its own way particularly if The choice was meant to incorporate some of the aspects of the mind archetypes. Its interesting to think about but its difficult to prove a depiction of an archetype is off from the original intention though I suppose the saving grace of this system is that a symbol can mean different things to different people. Some might say the flowering staff is a weapon equal to any sword but with more versatility. That the staff is alive or product of the dark waters of the pool and the light of the spirit makes it a marriage of elements which adds further resonances or connections in the deeper mind.

[Image: tarot5.jpg]
[Image: tarot7.jpg]