Bring4th

Full Version: Honest Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've said before that I love you all. But this love isn't something I truly feel, since I don't really know any of you.
It's easy to say "I love you", but to mean it deep down is something else.
The only one I love deep down is Loki, my wolfdog.
I guess I love my mom too, though we aren't too close. Not too close to my father either. Or my brother. Or my two best friends.

Sometimes I feel when I say I love you, it feels like a lie. Though I want to express my love for others. I just don't truly feel it.

Do others sincerely love others when they say "I love you". Or is it a figure of speech?

I wish I could love others the way that positive ET's beyond the veil love us. Just being honest here. I don't share honest love easily. Maybe I'm jaded. I don't know.
when i say "i love u" to some1 i'm saying if we all were to die right now i wouldn't mind them existing in "heaven" w/ me for an eternity...not saying i want to chill w/ them 24/7 (or ever really) in a heaven-like plane but rather saying i wouldn't mind them being forever accessible to me

at present, i sincerely love every1 i've ever encountered - some more than others

it's a love/hate relationship tho'...my (pretty much ever-present) love doesn't prevent me from momentarily hating & hoping some1 isn't "welcomed in my father's house"...but the hate never lasts long & it very rarely happens
Seeing another as yourself as a one infinite being -- that is the most honest love one can give. This is what is done disincarnately under The Law of One when it is inherently seen. This is the love I give: Every being's desires are my own. I treat every being's desires as my own.

As a side note, the reason why I do not commit self-sacrifice is because I see the universe as one self. As this united self, why would I sacrifice any part of myself? Why would I blind one eye to spare the other? Why not retain both and full sight?
(07-19-2014, 07:09 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I feel when I say I love you, it feels like a lie. Though I want to express my love for others. I just don't truly feel it.

for the longest time I couldn't say those words. It felt like they had been corrupted by our society, and I wanted no part in it. Love seemed fleeting, of the nature of romance and flirting, not serious, and not lasting.

It took me a long time, but I eventually realised that my uneasiness with the word (and concept) of love was that I felt, deep down, I had been betrayed. Both by my mother (who was largely absent, and didn't demonstrate any real emotional affection for her kids), and also a sense of betrayal from my sister, who early on took my younger brother's side because I ran the household like a tyrant when both my parents were busy with work (which was for quite a few years). So the two most important female figures in my life I felt disconnected from and betrayed by; that no love was being offered to me.

I put up a hard, unemotional shell, and you can imagine how that poisoned and prevented any sense of bonding or closeness with the attempted girlfriend relationships that I had. Few and sporadic as they were during high school, and my 20's, they were an unequivocal failure on my side. The pattern of things falling apart after a certain stage just repeated, and I didn't know why.

- -

as soon as I started tackling these issues, the result was an unlocking of the heart, and the ability to use (and feel) those words in the most genuine manner. The 'I love you" was not a make or break, end of personality complex, life-or-death issue; it was an attitude and an approach that saw the commonness in all beings and things. It was no longer looking for a reciprocation that would never heal the wound of a betrayal; but rather a self-welling, and an expansiveness that came from within myself.

That is where true, genuine, unconditional love comes from I believe. The source within the self; and who it is said to, and when, is of no consequence.
(07-19-2014, 09:36 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]when i say "i love u" to some1 i'm saying if we all were to die right now i wouldn't mind them existing in "heaven" w/ me for an eternity...not saying i want to chill w/ them 24/7 (or ever really) in a heaven-like plane but rather saying i wouldn't mind them being forever accessible to me

I agree with this. I don't hate or dislike people that I say I love you to. I wouldn't mind them being in heaven with me either. I've told my mom that I loved her. I meant it, thought I didn't feel it physically in my heart. She's hard to like sometimes.