Bring4th

Full Version: Question About the Male/Female Polarities in the Matrix and Potentiator of the Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Questioner: Why is the male and the female nature different?
Ra: I am Ra. When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male
polarity was attracted the Matrix of the Mind and to the female, the
Potentiator of the Mind, to the male the Potentiator of the Body, to the
female the Matrix of the Body.

i can understand it:'When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male
polarity was attracted the Matrix of the Mind and to the female,the
Potentiator of the Mind, '

however i can't understand:'to the male the Potentiator of the Body, to the
female the Matrix of the Body. '

pls~~:呵呵:
The male seeks activity that is apparent and dynamic to the conscious mind. The female seeks what is nuanced and emotional, the desires of the unconscious mind.

The male knows what it desires. The female does not, as it desires and distortions are unconscious, and thus seeks it in emotional work. The male lives in what is tangible and manifested.

The female is compassionate as it seeks to accept the unconscious portions of the self. The male is wise as it wishes to make itself known and significant.

The male is willful and teaches through intention. The female is humble and learns through immersion.

The male wishes to strengthen his body (Potentiator). The female wishes to admire her body's form (Matrix).
(07-20-2014, 06:00 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]i can understand it:'When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male
polarity was attracted the Matrix of the Mind and to the female,'

however i can't understand:'When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male

Can you say more about what you don't understand? I don't see a difference between what you understand and what you don't.
sorry i made a mistake~~

i mean:

(07-20-2014, 07:06 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2014, 06:00 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]i can understand it:'When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male

however i can't understand:'When the veiling process was accomplished, to the male

Can you say more about what you don't understand? I don't see a difference between what you understand and what you don't.
In the very most basic terms, the male/female associations in the Tarot cards refer to the complex self: conscious/unconscious.

So the Matrix of the Mind depicts the conscious mind, but the Matrix of the Body depicts the unconscious body, whose maintenance processes are apparently automatic (digestion, breathing, circulation, etc.).

Similarly, the Potentiator of the Mind depicts the unconscious mind, but the Potentiator of the Body depicts the conscious body, whose efforts must be carefully laid out and enacted experimentally in order to make good use of the body.

There are many more nuances to the male and female associations (which is what Adonai One is getting at), but according to my reading Ra intends conscious/unconscious first.

Edited to add:

If your problem is grammatical, then it means, "To the male was attracted the Potentiator of the Body and to the female was attracted the Matrix of the Body."

The above interprets that statement in terms of the conscious/unconscious distinction which defines the veiling that made human beings complex.
(07-20-2014, 08:33 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i made a mistake~~

i mean:

As I understood it, division on male and female is a part of polarity experiment executed by sub-Logoi. This division "predates" (if I can use this term to describe timeless process) polarization on Service-to-Others and Service-to-Self.
In general, RA described male polarization as positive and female polarization as negative. At this point I would like to underline that this division should not be understood as good/bad - labels "positive" and "negative" refers to the nature of the polarization itself (as an energy flow patterns) - it is not a "judgement" of "poles of polarization". In other words it doesn't mean that male polarization is "good" and female polarization is "bad".
Futhermore Ra described male polarization as that which reaches and female polarization as that which awaits to be reached. I understand it as another way of describing differences of those two polarities, its "oppositeness".

Keeping that in mind, I would like to quote following:

Quote:(79.19)
Ra: I am Ra. The Matrix of Mind is that from which all comes. It is
unmoving
yet is the activator in potentiation of all mind activity. The
Potentiator of the Mind is that great resource which may be seen as the sea
into which the consciousness dips ever deeper and more thoroughly
in order
to create, ideate, and become more self-conscious.

The Significator of each mind, body, and spirit may be seen as a simple and
unified concept. The Matrix of the Body may be seen to be a reflection in
opposites of the mind; that is, unrestricted motion. The Potentiator of the
Body then is that which, being informed, regulates activity
(...)

"Matrix of the Mind" - in its nature - has opposite polarization in relation to the "Matrix of the Body". Same goes for nature of Potentiators of each "Matrix". Those "differences in nature" of both Matrixes are expressed as positive/negative, male/female polarization with alll consequences that comes from this division/polarization. By that I mean all "properties" of each Matrix that are manifested in Our physical Illusion - "the mechanics" of relations/influences/interactions.

At this point it is important to underline that Archetypal Mind is construct made by sub-Logoi for veiled third density experience. Last card in Major Arcana is "Choice" which ends this density Lessons/Experiences.
to the male---the Matrix of the Mind,to the female---the
Potentiator
of the Mind,

on the contrary:
to the male---the Potentiator of the Body,to the
female---the Matrix of the Body

and that's what i was confused.

thx for ur explanation,now i understand more:
The Matrix of the Body may be seen to be a reflection in
Body then is that which, being informed, regulates activity.

(07-20-2014, 09:39 AM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2014, 08:33 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i made a mistake~~

i mean:

As I understood it, division on male and female is a part of polarity experiment executed by sub-Logoi. This division "predates" (if I can use this term to describe timeless process) polarization on Service-to-Others and Service-to-Self.
In general, Ra described male polarization as positive and female polarization as negative. At this point I would like to underline that this division should not be understood as good/bad - labels "positive" and "negative" refers to the nature of the polarization itself (as an energy flow patterns) - it is not a "judgement" of "poles of polarization". In other words it doesn't mean that male polarization is "good" and female polarization is "bad".
Futhermore Ra described male polarization as that which reaches and female polarization as that which awaits to be reached. I understand it as another way of describing differences of those two polarities, its "oppositeness".

Keeping that in mind, I would like to quote following:

Quote:(79.19)
Ra: I am Ra. The Matrix of Mind is that from which all comes. It is
unmoving
yet is the activator in potentiation of all mind activity. The
Potentiator of the Mind is that great resource which may be seen as the sea
into which the consciousness dips ever deeper and more thoroughly
in order
to create, ideate, and become more self-conscious.

The Significator of each mind, body, and spirit may be seen as a simple and
unified concept. The Matrix of the Body may be seen to be a reflection in
Body then is that which, being informed, regulates activity
(...)

"Matrix of the Mind" - in its nature - has opposite polarization in relation to the "Matrix of the Body". Same goes for nature of Potentiators of each "Matrix". Those "differences in nature" of both Matrixes are expressed as positive/negative, male/female polarization with alll consequences that comes from this division/polarization. By that I mean all "properties" of each Matrix that are manifested in Our physical Illusion - "the mechanics" of relations/influences/interactions.

At this point it is important to underline that Archetypal Mind is construct made by sub-Logoi for veiled third density experience. Last card in Major Arcana is "Choice" which ends this density Lessons/Experiences.

the Potentiator of the Body depicts the conscious body(To the male was attracted the

Potentiator of the Body),whose efforts must be carefully laid out and enacted experimentally

in order to make good use of the body.

---thx JustLikeYou,i understand more~Heart

(07-20-2014, 08:52 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]In the very most basic terms, the male/female associations in the Tarot cards refer to the complex self: conscious/unconscious.

So the Matrix of the Mind depicts the conscious mind, but the Matrix of the Body depicts the unconscious body, whose maintenance processes are apparently automatic (digestion, breathing, circulation, etc.).

Similarly, the Potentiator of the Mind depicts the unconscious mind, but the Potentiator of the Body depicts the conscious body, whose efforts must be carefully laid out and enacted experimentally in order to make good use of the body.

There are many more nuances to the male and female associations (which is what Adonai One is getting at), but according to my reading Ra intends conscious/unconscious first.

Edited to add:

If your problem is grammatical, then it means, "To the male was attracted the Potentiator of the Body and to the female was attracted the Matrix of the Body."

The above interprets that statement in terms of the conscious/unconscious distinction which defines the veiling that made human beings complex.

The male wishes to strengthen his body (Potentiator). The female wishes to admire her body's

form (Matrix).

so can we say that:
that's one of the reason why when coming to sports,the male likes to choose those may

strenthen their power/ football,basketball...

while the female likes those sports help them to keep fit/ dance,aerobics...

Adonai One,thx for ur kind reply~~

(07-20-2014, 06:23 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The male seeks activity that is apparent and dynamic to the conscious mind. The female seeks what is nuanced and emotional, the desires of the unconscious mind.

The male knows what it desires. The female does not, as it desires and distortions are unconscious, and thus seeks it in emotional work. The male lives in what is tangible and manifested.

The female is compassionate as it seeks to accept the unconscious portions of the self. The male is wise as it wishes to make itself known and significant.

The male is willful and teaches through intention. The female is humble and learns through immersion.

The male wishes to strengthen his body (Potentiator). The female wishes to admire her body's form (Matrix).
There's already some good responses here but I would like to add my own perspective as well Smile By no means would I consider myself an expert though.

I think the correlation between male/female and conscious/unconscious is only really useful for discussing the archetypes of the mind complex. As third-density-entity pointed out the distinction Ra makes between male and female polarities as "[...]that which reaches may be seen as a male principle. That which awaits the reaching may be seen as a female principle."

The Matrix of the Mind can be seen as the creative spark, reflecting the "inpourings of spirit and up-pouring of the body complex (30.2)," which is constantly reaching out for new ideas and the Potentiator of the Mind can be seen as the deep wellspring, connected through the roots of the mind to the inpourings of universal, planetary and personal energy through the spirit complex. The Matrix of the Mind reaches out from it's unmoving position through the veil separating conscious and unconscious for the inpourings of spirit made ready by the Potentiator of the Mind and through their union ideation occurs.

In the body complex the main polarity is between comfort and discomfort. The Matrix of the Body is named by Ra "Balanced Working" or "Even Functioning," and is in constant motion. Time is like an arrow moving ever forward without pause and the Matrix of the Body seeks to maintain the functioning and dynamic balance of the body and its various systems so that it remains in health and comfort. The body cannot remain in comfort indefinitely, as it needs sustenance and occasional support from it's environment (food, intimacy, medical help, etc.) and this is the function of the Potentiator of the Body, which Ra calls Wisdom. This archetype is so called because an entity's wisdom allows them to direct the dynamism of the body towards goals that will aid in it's ability to remain balanced and comfortable. Wisdom dictates that the body eat when it is hungry or seek medical aid when it is ill for example.

In terms of applying these archetypal polarities to men and women themselves, there can be some rough parallels drawn, but it's important to make sure you keep in mind that each entity possesses within them the both masculine and the feminine aspects of our Logos' creation. Men are often seen as more imaginative while women are often seen as more intuitive, for example. Or in a traditional household the woman's job would be to do the cooking and cleaning, maintaining the even functioning of the family, while the man would be to go out and secure the resources needed to ensure that the maintenance of the family's comfort. These are rough parallels of course Wink
In the body complex the main polarity is between comfort and discomfort. The Matrix of the Body is named by Ra "Balanced Working" or "Even Functioning," and is in constant motion. Time is like an arrow moving ever forward without pause and the Matrix of the Body seeks to maintain the functioning and dynamic balance of the body and its various systems so that it remains in health and comfort. The body cannot remain in comfort indefinitely, as it needs sustenance and occasional support from it's environment (food, intimacy, medical help, etc.) and this is the function of the Potentiator of the Body, which Ra calls Wisdom. This archetype is so called because an entity's wisdom allows them to direct the dynamism of the body towards goals that will aid in it's ability to remain balanced and comfortable. Wisdom dictates that the body eat when it is hungry or seek medical aid when it is ill for example.

Spaced,thx for ur detail expanations~~Heart

(07-23-2014, 01:52 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]There's already some good responses here but I would like to add my own perspective as well Smile By no means would I consider myself an expert though.

I think the correlation between male/female and conscious/unconscious is only really useful for discussing the archetypes of the mind complex. As third-density-entity pointed out the distinction Ra makes between male and female polarities as "[...]that which reaches may be seen as a male principle. That which awaits the reaching may be seen as a female principle."

The Matrix of the Mind can be seen as the creative spark, reflecting the "inpourings of spirit and up-pouring of the body complex (30.2)," which is constantly reaching out for new ideas and the Potentiator of the Mind can be seen as the deep wellspring, connected through the roots of the mind to the inpourings of universal, planetary and personal energy through the spirit complex. The Matrix of the Mind reaches out from it's unmoving position through the veil separating conscious and unconscious for the inpourings of spirit made ready by the Potentiator of the Mind and through their union ideation occurs.

In terms of applying these archetypal polarities to men and women themselves, there can be some rough parallels drawn, but it's important to make sure you keep in mind that each entity possesses within them the both masculine and the feminine aspects of our Logos' creation. Men are often seen as more imaginative while women are often seen as more intuitive, for example. Or in a traditional household the woman's job would be to do the cooking and cleaning, maintaining the even functioning of the family, while the man would be to go out and secure the resources needed to ensure that the maintenance of the family's comfort. These are rough parallels of course Wink
(07-20-2014, 08:52 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]In the very most basic terms, the male/female associations in the Tarot cards refer to the complex self: conscious/unconscious.

Can I offer conscious/subconscious as a refinement?

(07-20-2014, 08:52 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]So the Matrix of the Mind depicts the conscious mind, but the Matrix of the Body depicts the unconscious body, whose maintenance processes are apparently automatic (digestion, breathing, circulation, etc.).

Another refinement? I think the Matrix of the Body depicts an intelligence of the body rather than an unconscious body. The card suggests to me that the automatic processes (autonomic nervous system) are actually regulated by an inner intelligence. We are not aware of this inner intelligence and the clue here is the blindfold. In Card 2, the deep subconscious is "veiled" but the veil can still be accessed (intuition, insight, dreams, etc.) by the active Mind (card 1). In the case of the Body Matrix, the blindfold is more substantial. We cannot "see/sense" this body intelligence at its work dilligently keeping the body on an even and balanced keel.

I believe there are four kinds of intelligence displayed in the four cards: Card 1 = conscious will. Card 2 = subconscious knowledge/intuition. Card 8 = subconscious body intelligence. Card 9 = Ego intelligence, or all the stuff that you learned in school and know right now (memory).
ricdaw Wrote:Can I offer conscious/subconscious as a refinement?

I believe Ra uses these terms interchangeably. If "subconscious" means "beneath the conscious awareness" and "unconscious" means "apart from the conscious awareness," then the two are synonymous, so long is it is recognized that the only place to go is down.

ricdaw Wrote:I think the Matrix of the Body depicts an intelligence of the body rather than an unconscious body.

Sure.

ricdaw Wrote:I believe there are four kinds of intelligence displayed in the four cards: Card 1 = conscious will. Card 2 = subconscious knowledge/intuition. Card 8 = subconscious body intelligence. Card 9 = Ego intelligence, or all the stuff that you learned in school and know right now (memory).

I agree with all of this except the last. #9, being a body archetype, must refer to the body. So I take this archetype as practical intelligence: the knowledge you have about how to do stuff in the world. If this is what you mean by your statement, then I agree. However, I think we learn lots of stuff about the mind in school, too. Philosophy is a good example of an academic kind of intelligence oriented toward mind rather than body. This kind of intelligence is won through the union of #1 and #2.
(08-06-2014, 05:01 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]
ricdaw Wrote:Can I offer conscious/subconscious as a refinement?

I believe Ra uses these terms interchangeably. If "subconscious" means "beneath the conscious awareness" and "unconscious" means "apart from the conscious awareness," then the two are synonymous, so long is it is recognized that the only place to go is down.

With that definition, I agree. I was thinking colloqually, like "not conscious" or "the boy was beaten unconscious."

ricdaw Wrote:I believe there are four kinds of intelligence displayed in the four cards: Card 1 = conscious will. Card 2 = subconscious knowledge/intuition. Card 8 = subconscious body intelligence. Card 9 = Ego intelligence, or all the stuff that you learned in school and know right now (memory).

(08-06-2014, 05:01 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with all of this except the last. #9, being a body archetype, must refer to the body.

I'm not sure sure that the row label, in this case "body" means that the archetype is of/about "a body." The wheel of fortune is about physical events that happen to you, but not only about the physical events that happen to your body, per se. I can be just as traumatized (catalyst) by an event that happens half a world away to someone else, or even to another species.

(08-06-2014, 05:01 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]So I take this archetype as practical intelligence: the knowledge you have about how to do stuff in the world. If this is what you mean by your statement, then I agree.

That is, indeed, what I meant.

(08-06-2014, 05:01 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]However, I think we learn lots of stuff about the mind in school, too. Philosophy is a good example of an academic kind of intelligence oriented toward mind rather than body. This kind of intelligence is won through the union of #1 and #2.

I have the same concern with extending the label of the "mind" row to always be associated with purely mental activity. This may make no practical difference to anyone, but I offer it up for your consideration. Using your philosophy example, if the content of that philosophy came from inspiration or a dream, I would agree that it is a card #1 and #2 creature. It's source would be the subconscious and that's the realm of High Priestess.

But if the philosophy comes from empirical observation of society, from book learning, from induction, deduction or logic, then I think of all those activities as properly being part of the "wisdom" or activities of card 9. Scientists studying consciousness, unless they are using intution or exploring the inner senses (meditation, astral projection, etc.) are still using the brain, not the deep mind intuition intelligence of card #2.

I guess I say that brain work is card 9, even if the topic is all mental or the brain is thinking about mind. But information gathered from the subconscious, that is all card #2, even if it is about your physical body. So, if I am "warned" in a meditation session to go see a doctor, and a tumor is found, that warning is all card #2, even though the topic of the warning was about the body.

It is the source of the information that determines which card (#2 or #9) is at play, not the topic or nature of the information obtained.

Assuming this subtle distinction makes a difference at all.
ricdaw Wrote:I guess I say that brain work is card 9, even if the topic is all mental or the brain is thinking about mind. But information gathered from the subconscious, that is all card #2, even if it is about your physical body. So, if I am "warned" in a meditation session to go see a doctor, and a tumor is found, that warning is all card #2, even though the topic of the warning was about the body.

It is the source of the information that determines which card (#2 or #9) is at play, not the topic or nature of the information obtained.

Now that is an excellent point. I'll have to reflect on it.

Edit: I've reflected.

ricdaw Wrote:But if the philosophy comes from empirical observation of society, from book learning, from induction, deduction or logic, then I think of all those activities as properly being part of the "wisdom" or activities of card 9. Scientists studying consciousness, unless they are using intution or exploring the inner senses (meditation, astral projection, etc.) are still using the brain, not the deep mind intuition intelligence of card #2....

...It is the source of the information that determines which card (#2 or #9) is at play, not the topic or nature of the information obtained.

This makes a lot of sense. I think what you're driving at is that the archetypes describe the faculties we are born into by virtue of being human, and each archetype depicts a different faculty or ability that human beings have. In the case of #2, the archetype is zeroing in on the faculty of intuition -- direct contact with the unconscious. I think you're definitely right that which faculty is being used is much more indicative of archetypal resonance than what the specified faculty is being used for.

However, I do still disagree with your assignment of rational faculties to #9. I will use an example from tonight to elucidate. My girlfriend's son appears to be constipated, but he won't drink the magnesium cocktail I gave him (a laxative) because he doesn't like that it's fizzy. I found myself infuriated that he wouldn't suffer such a small discomfort for the sake of relieving the "belly ache" he's been complaining about.

But I immediately realized that fury is unwarranted. He's a child and children are picky like that. I knew that there must be some facet of myself that was rising to the surface in the guise of fury (that is, I recognized that this was Catalyst of the Mind). I set about exploring the emotion, analyzing its components and synthesizing the various data points that were turning up in an effort to poke at the foundational knot of emotion and false belief.

This act of processing (the Emperor) was cut short, though. (Yep, I'm still not exactly sure why I was so irritated about it.) I realized at that moment that it is the Emperor whose domain is the rational, the intellectual. What is so commonly unappreciated is that the analytic and synthetic capabilities are meant for knowing and accepting self and other, but that these faculties are put to a great many evolutionarily irrelevant uses.

And, in fact, this scheme matches Ra's description of the functions of the rational and intuitive minds:

Ra Wrote:The function of intuition is to inform intelligence. In your illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception. As you may see, these two types of brain structure need to be balanced in order that the net sum of experiential catalyst will be polarization and illumination, for without the acceptance by the rational mind of the worth of the intuitive faculty the creative aspects which aid in illumination will be stifled.

So we have: Will to know (#1) leads to inspiration through intuition (#2). Intuition gives raw material (#3) which the intellectual mind (#4) then takes hold of and analyzes.

Conversely, if the purpose of wisdom is to be effective, then rationality and intellectualism are quite peripheral. It must be that #9 really doesn't care about it unless it's useful, unless it works. So the Emperor then would be the more intellectual intelligence while the Sage would be practical intelligence or "street smarts" as they call it.
(08-06-2014, 06:46 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]So we have: Will to know (#1) leads to inspiration through intuition (#2). Intuition gives raw material (#3) which the intellectual mind (#4) then takes hold of and analyzes.

Conversely, if the purpose of wisdom is to be effective, then rationality and intellectualism are quite peripheral. It must be that #9 really doesn't care about it unless it's useful, unless it works. So the Emperor then would be the more intellectual intelligence while the Sage would be practical intelligence or "street smarts" as they call it.

Brilliant! I'm adopting this. The Hermit is forevermore Street Smarts. I love it.