Bring4th

Full Version: This Woman’s Speech Made The Audience Go Silent. It’s About The Food You Eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:This Woman’s Speech Made The Audience Go Silent. It’s About The Food You Eat

Think you aren't being fooled by advertising tricks?

Take a look at this so-called expert revealing food marketing's secret weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTORFmMycQ

Honestly shouldn't really surprise anyone but there we go,
Good Video. I think it would have been better if the presenter didn't go balls the wall with the presentation and acting like nothing was off in the emotional nature of what she presented. Clearly, she did so as to go for maximum emotional impact but the discomfort in the air of that room was thick.

"Willful ignorance" is powerfully psychologically. It's what allows so many to ignore catalyst. It's so much easier to unconsciously or consciously push something into the back of one's mind and compartmentalize and separate oneself from the self in how she or he feels, acts, and views himself and the world.

That being said, there truly is no right or wrong; this is all a playground for entity to decide how they wish to view and interact with reality.

-----

Last night, at wedding reception dinner:

Question to me: "So why are you vegetarian?"

Me: "There are many ways to show respect for animal rights. The way I choose to show respect for animal rights is by not eating meat."

As usual, there is that momentary flash of emotion across most people's faces at the table, similar to the emotion displayed on the video.

On the other hand, the same question and answer came up at a subway I went to on Friday from an employee. He told me that he hopes to one day stop eating meat as all his little children don't want to eat meat. He clearly had thought about and struggled with the issue. Interesting aside how the children had a profound impact on his thinking. I ended up suggesting that a good measure in the meantime he could do was buy local produce and stay away from corporate food (and eat veggie in restaurants which buy corporate food) which often abuse animals in an effort to increase profit margins and efficiency regardless of labeling (for example, if you read up on free range labels, they are a joke). Local produce isn't a guarantee, but you have much better chances for humane treatment and living conditions than corporate farms.

At the end of the day, there's always something you can do. No matter how small the action, any action you take has ripple effects into all of reality. You are the Creator. Go create your reality is what I say.
(07-21-2014, 08:45 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]No matter how small the action, any action you take has ripple effects into all of reality. You are the Creator. Go create your reality is what I say.

Well Said.
I appreciate the sentiment in this video, but it is presented dishonestly. The woman and the audience are actors, her speech and their reactions being manufactured. If one needs to lie and present something in a dishonest fashion to get their point across, they should examine their motives to see if they are in alignment with reality. There is a similar message that can be told in an honest way.
I'm not actually going to comment on the main point of the thread, especially if it has something to do with meat. Although ironically now I have confidence that I have been trying to do 'too much' that perhaps I will be able to exist without meat, doubt it though.

Anyway, the synchronicity of 341. My friends makes jokes about the Law of One, one of them was 'are you the starsign book thief that I heard about in the Law of Two.' And also some reference to the Law of three hundred and fourty one.
I love this video despite the somewhat hypocritical nature of it.
(07-27-2014, 09:01 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the sentiment in this video, but it is presented dishonestly. The woman and the audience are actors, her speech and their reactions being manufactured. If one needs to lie and present something in a dishonest fashion to get their point across, they should examine their motives to see if they are in alignment with reality. There is a similar message that can be told in an honest way.

What were the lies in this video? And how do you know the audience was actors? Just curious.
The site of the original version of the video described it as a mockup.

Of course that does not qualify as "lie".

Also, the marketing methods described are definitely not lies.
(08-01-2014, 11:48 PM)MushroomMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2014, 09:01 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the sentiment in this video, but it is presented dishonestly. The woman and the audience are actors, her speech and their reactions being manufactured. If one needs to lie and present something in a dishonest fashion to get their point across, they should examine their motives to see if they are in alignment with reality. There is a similar message that can be told in an honest way.

What were the lies in this video? And how do you know the audience was actors? Just curious.

The dishonesty is how it is presented. She is not who the video (and Youtube channel, and website for the organization that uploaded the video) claims she is, she is presenting facts based on a script written with the intention of creating a certain impact on internet audiences. Whoever created it did not feel it was sufficient to simply share this information in a straightforward way - they could have hired her to shed light on the situation without having her act as if she were someone she is not. Why not simply share the information? Having her act the way she does and pass her off as something she is not is intentionally misleading to create an impact that otherwise wouldn't exist if the full truth were shared.

And if you are familiar with acting audiences and staged reaction shots, it's easy to tell that this audience was told when and how to react. The laughs are similar to manufactured laugh tracks, the reactions forced. Also, it's really hard to believe that the audience would react the way they did. When someone gives a presentation like this at something like a TED talk, they are met with plenty of applause, even if the talk is shedding light on a shadowy aspect of ourselves. Could you believe that there was not a single person in that audience that isn't a vegetarian, or didn't already support the cause of more humane farming conditions? Or didn't appreciate being told this information? I don't have any source saying that the audience is acting, but the fact that the woman is a known actor (Kate Miles) and the subtle clues are enough for me to put my money on it with confidence.

Edit: The organization claims the audience was real, so I may eat my words and pay that money, but I do have a hard time believing that - the shots, reactions, and laughs are very similar to many shows that use staged audience participation like that. It may seem staged because it's highly edited - one Youtube commenter points out that the reaction of the lady at 4:51 is the exact same shot as the one at 6:30, the latter being slightly zoomed it. That type of editing in itself is a manipulation.

(08-02-2014, 03:38 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]The site of the original version of the video described it as a mockup.

Of course that does not qualify as "lie".

Do you know what site was the original that claimed it was a mockup? The address in the video's description, a website for the same organization whose channel this video is uploaded to, the page itself with this video embedded, is a donation page for the same organization, "Compassion in World Farming." And there's no indicator of the video's actual context - it is, for all intents and purposes, being presented as real.

I find it ironic that this organization is attempting to shed light on dishonest marketing techniques and "stopping the spin" when the video itself is pretty much the definition of "spin."
Quote: Original video by Catsnake Film. Full disclosure: The speaker in this video is actually an actress named Kate Miles, but the facts about produce and its marketing are 100% real. The audience is also real, and thus the looks of disgust are totally real too.
http://preventdisease.com/news/14/060614...oled.shtml
(07-21-2014, 08:45 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Good Video. I think it would have been better if the presenter didn't go balls the wall with the presentation and acting like nothing was off in the emotional nature of what she presented. Clearly, she did so as to go for maximum emotional impact but the discomfort in the air of that room was thick.

(08-05-2014, 09:54 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Original video by Catsnake Film. Full disclosure: The speaker in this video is actually an actress named Kate Miles, but the facts about produce and its marketing are 100% real. The audience is also real, and thus the looks of disgust are totally real too.
http://preventdisease.com/news/14/060614...oled.shtml

Good to know that my audience/jury reader skills (a yellow ray related proficiency?) are still largely intact...I was worried that I was rusty.