Bring4th

Full Version: The discipline of thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"As many of the teachers upon your Earth have told their students, the greatest step towards attaining that which they seek is to bring in focus the discipline of one’s own thoughts and actions. To think properly is to create properly. To think unrighteously is to create havoc within your universe. These laws you cannot transmute. These laws are those which you must live by throughout this existence and all others which you have experienced and shall experience. As those of you here have attained certain levels of knowledge, it is your responsibility to share them when given the opportunity. And it is your responsibility to seek out greater levels so that your assistance can be of more benefit. Yet, it is your choice whether to do so. There is no energy within the universe capable of overcoming, or controlling in any way, your actions. Only you are the creator. You may accept the influences of your co-creators. That is also your choice." -Hatonn

Any thoughts on the discipline of your thoughts? What works for you? When a surprise thought enters my mind(I often get this thought of kicking people in the head), I try to say to myself 'hey! I like spontaneity and the passion, want to come and work for the light?' I used to shudder and reject bad thoughts, it has been a work in progress for me to try and accept them. To get my thoughts in an acceptable enough state so I would be comfortable enough sharing them with a social memory complex(graduating to 4D) is a desire of mine.

"You do not have to change your behavior. If you change your thoughts to those of love and laughter, acceptance, compassion and understanding, your behavior will take care of itself." -Q'uo

"There is a tremendous amount of play that you have with the steering of your mind. There is a great deal to learn about the discipline that you can exercise over your thoughts. And it is the work of an incarnation to become an artist with perception working with thought in a creative way but not fooling the self; being insightful but not being clever; moving into the verticality of a moment so that it opens up like a flower rather than moving horizontally past the moment in search of a distant goal." -Hatonn
I really agree with Q'uo, that it is more of an attitude/point of view than an act of trying to resist or change one's own thoughts. So, someone frustrates you and you think a somewhat violent thought towards them - then what? You can either feel bad, or you can laugh at yourself for wanting to express love in such a way. I feel that it's really just our point of view that needs to change("discipline of one's own thoughts"), instead of feeling like we need to change any spontaneous expression of All That Is. If infinity manifests itself as a desire within your mind to reprimand someone with a violent action, who are you to judge, even yourself!

I think that's the key to acceptance. We don't have to change anything about ourselves, except that we love and accept ourselves. As our flaws become less important, the less important they appear in others, the less likely we are to have a violent urge or "negative" thought. It's a self-reinforcing feedback loop that helps crystallize the heart chakra. The first step is to stop being so hard on ourselves. Even the word "discipline" has connotations that I think frames it as a more rigourous activity than is required. It's more of a relaxed allowance.
lol "kicking people in the head"
mod note: the OP was edited to include the session date in the thread title, and then my slow brain reliased that there were quotations from multiple sessions, and so that no one 'session date' would apply, and so 1976.12.12 was edited back out. Things were returned to their exact original state ascension scout Smile
(07-21-2014, 01:46 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I really agree with Q'uo, that it is more of an attitude/point of view than an act of trying to resist or change one's own thoughts. So, someone frustrates you and you think a somewhat violent thought towards them - then what? You can either feel bad, or you can laugh at yourself for wanting to express love in such a way. I feel that it's really just our point of view that needs to change("discipline of one's own thoughts"), instead of feeling like we need to change any spontaneous expression of All That Is. If infinity manifests itself as a desire within your mind to reprimand someone with a violent action, who are you to judge, even yourself!

I think that's the key to acceptance. We don't have to change anything about ourselves, except that we love and accept ourselves. As our flaws become less important, the less important they appear in others, the less likely we are to have a violent urge or "negative" thought. It's a self-reinforcing feedback loop that helps crystallize the heart chakra. The first step is to stop being so hard on ourselves. Even the word "discipline" has connotations that I think frames it as a more rigourous activity than is required. It's more of a relaxed allowance.

I agree mostly with this line of thinking but i believe at one point the concept of balance has to be brought after the acceptance.
Regarding what ascension scout said about getting one's thoughts in an acceptable enough state to be shareable in a 4D social memory complex: it may not be an issue. Perhaps many of our "unacceptable" thoughts are the product of the 3D body we inhabit here....

I found this excerpt on another site (it is a subscription site unfortunately but here is the link if you are interested: http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=21...nvironment ) - it is part of a story related by a woman who reported being taken aboard a UFO and placed in a different body, the body of a non-terrestrial being. This is how she described it:

"The thinking capacity in that body versus this human body of mine is totally 100% different. This body, me as a human being talking to you now, I rationalize right, wrong, good, evil. I might not like somebody because of the way they comb their hair. Or I don't like the fact that she's a slob. Some petty thing maybe. Well, in that other tall, non-human body, that's irrelevant. There is no relevance as far as the way a person looks or what color they are. The tall beings are of a high development - a high spiritual evolvement. They have evolved spiritually to be worthy to be with us in body. It's a weird level."

So maybe many of the thoughts that give us trouble here are simply "noise" generated by our bodies, part of our learning experience here - we need to learn to deal with these thoughts but it sounds as if at least some will vanish when we cast off the 3D body.
I'm not worried about being judged in a 4D social memory complex, because everyone else will be in the same boat.

Unbound

Aren't we in the same boat now too?
(08-23-2014, 03:22 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't we in the same boat now too?

We are, but this density is not very conducive for being completely honest.

Unbound

(08-23-2014, 03:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014, 03:22 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't we in the same boat now too?

We are, but this density is not very conducive for being completely honest.

Do you mean honesty in terms of always speaking your thoughts or honesty in terms of acknowledging the actual state of things? They are two very different things, in my opinion. "Speaking honestly" is not the same as "being honest". I have met individuals who have spoken perfectly honestly about their dishonest acts so that to me suggests that honesty is really more of a relationship you have with yourself first and then which is communicated to others rather than just being the fact of being blunt with one's thoughts.

Reasonably if one is being perfectly honest with themselves then it will be impossible for them to lie. That doesn't mean, however, that there is no such thing as tact.
Witholding truth is also a lie.
(08-23-2014, 03:41 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Witholding truth is also a lie.

No, it's not.
A lie is deception.
Witholding truth is respecting another beings right not to know.
In the LOO this is known as the Law of Confusion.

Big difference GW.

An example from Ra:

Quote:64.7 ↥ Questioner: Would it be helpful if Ra were to describe the techniques used while Ra was in third density to evolve in mind, body, and spirit?
Ra: I am Ra. This query lies beyond the Law of Confusion.
Then I grew up living a lie told by my parents.
(08-23-2014, 04:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Then I grew up living a lie told by my parents.

Would you care to explain?
(08-23-2014, 04:08 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014, 04:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Then I grew up living a lie told by my parents.

My parents when they punished me told me that withholding truth was the same as lying.
(08-23-2014, 04:17 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014, 04:08 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]

My parents when they punished me told me that withholding truth was the same as lying.

Depends. If you are consciously supressing truth in order to manipulate, then yes it's on a par with lying.
The trick is not to do anything wrong so you don't have to lie.
(08-23-2014, 04:43 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The trick is not to do anything wrong so you don't have to lie.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, that the universe is infinite. This has yet to be proven or disproven, but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves, your understanding, what you would call your journey of seeking, or your perceptions of the creation.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define that infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

In truth there is no right or wrong. There is no polarity for all will be, as you would say, reconciled at some point in your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things. You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.

But it insufficient to simply remind oneself that the bolded section is true. It can only be fully understood by putting those beliefs about unconditional love into practice, toward the self and toward others, till the idea of right and wrong naturally fall away with no resistance whatsoever.
(07-21-2014, 12:27 PM)ascension scout Wrote: [ -> ]When a surprise thought enters my mind(I often get this thought of kicking people in the head), I try to say to myself 'hey! I like spontaneity and the passion, want to come and work for the light?'

violent thoughts are not uncommon. Although most people won't own up to it BigSmile

(07-21-2014, 12:27 PM)ascension scout Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts on the discipline of your thoughts?

I think being 'mindful' is the first discipline. That is, being observant and paying attention to what flows through consciousness.

I have often found myself 3 chapters deep into a personal narrative (totally fictional) before I realise that I've been effectively daydreaming while cooking or preparing the food. I then have to catch myself, rewind, and see where it all came from. If I am mindful enough, I can usually find that the daydream was triggered by some emotion that I was not willing to experience in itself, and the daydream was sort of like a deflection or a pushing away of the raw emotion into a construct that I could witness third hand, and not necessarily own up to or be involved in. That kind of displacement has been something I've become increasingly aware of over the years, and before I get lost into some grand saga or self-created narrative, I can stop it mid-flow and find the source, and work with the root distortion or causation more directly.

(07-21-2014, 12:27 PM)ascension scout Wrote: [ -> ]What works for you?

becoming aware of Projections - projections and shadow work go hand in hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_(psychology)

(07-21-2014, 12:27 PM)ascension scout Wrote: [ -> ]To get my thoughts in an acceptable enough state so I would be comfortable enough sharing them with a social memory complex(graduating to 4D) is a desire of mine.

I think a social memory complex is like a biological google; in that a society chooses to offer it's total experiences up to some form of indexing or database, which others can access for whatever learning purposes they desire. In that respect a SocMemCom (my shortening of SOCial MEMory COMplex, which I learnt from a former user Cyan), is less like a Borg hive-mind, and more like a common resource from which all members can draw upon. Like a common bank account of experiences, wisdom, and summarised learning.

even one's 'mistakes' or one's choices and divertissements into negative interpretation of experiences are of value to a Positive Group; as it often highlights the 'other way' of interpreting the same experience.

I really have to laugh when I depart this density, and my whole life is laid bare before my peers. I've shared many things with many people, but even in the closest earthly relationship, not everything is laid up on the table for consideration. And certainly many things in the past have been deeply buried, and not even possible to bring up to the table, and put it down like a baked chicken for others to gawk at. That kind of 'total sharing' of a life is hinted at in Ra's description of 'complete fusion' - or 6d Wanderers that manage to find each other in this lifetime - but we still have to guess and ask because of the nature of the Veil, and the hidden sides of ourselves not being accessible for oneself or for the benefit of the other.

but to address your original point, I think all experiences would be valued by a 4d+ SocMemCom. In a way, those memories and untapped potential could act like the proxy catalyst to 3d. That is, fuel for growth. But not because it's directly lived, but rather vicariously lived.

Ra had this intriguing statement to offer regards using images and catalyst:

To give this in your terms is misleading for there are, shall we say, visual aids or training aids available in fourth density which automatically aid the entity in polarization while cutting down extremely upon the quick effect of catalyst. Thus the density above yours must take up more space/time.

- -

but thanks again for the questions!!