Bring4th

Full Version: The Male/Female Principles in the Archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is an exercise that I haven't done explicitly till now, but I"ll try to explain the processes, and the methodology.

First of all, when Ra speaks of the Male and Female Principle, they are speaking about something which is beyond the male/female physical body, although there are implications in regards to the actual physical sex of the body that one inhabits.

The Male and Female Principles are qualities that exist within the mind, and are so present in both men and women. The Principle is thus:

Quote:1) the Male Principle 'reaches': In a more general sense, that which reaches may be seen as a male principle. (the 'seeking')

2) the Female Principle awaits for the 'reaching': That which awaits the reaching may be seen as a female principle. (the 'saught')

3) this 'interplay' of the Male/Female Principle in oneself, and between selves is an integral part of this density: The richness of the male and female system of polarity is interesting and we would not comment further but suggest consideration by the student.

- -

that is the Male/Female Principle delineated and outlined.

What then, does it have to do with the Archetypes?

Ra offered these thoughts:

Quote:1) each card has a sexual bias: You will note that there are very definite sexual biases in the images.

2) this has implications for men and women, because because guys ('men') will attract the cards with a Male Principle (resonate more, have a greater natural affinity, be more inclined to use that card), and so-on for the ladies, who will naturally draw the Female Principle archetypes to themselves: They are intended to function both as information as to which biological entity or energy will attract which archetype

3) here is a real life example of a difference in energy transfer due to the Male/Female Principle in the archetypes: Firstly, as we have said, the Matrix of the Mind is attracted to the biological male and the Potentiator of the Mind to the biological female. Thusly in energy transfer the female is able to potentiate that which may be within the conscious mind of the male so that it may feel enspirited.

- -

with all the above information in mind, can we take a collective stab at assigning male/female principle to the following 22 cards?

http://www.lawofone.info/images/

JustLikeYou already gave his thoughts in an older post here:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...5#pid64775

- -

Fill in the following boxes please lol

1) Magican ...... Male
2) High Priestess .. Female
3) Empress ...... Female
4) Emperor ...... Male
5) Hierophant ... Male
6) Lovers ........ Female
7) Chariot ..... Male

8) Balance .... Female
9) Wisdom .... Male
10) Wheel .... Female
11) Enchantress .. Female
12) Hanged Man .. Male
13) Death ....... ??????
14) Alchemist .... ?????

15) Devil ..... Male
16) Tower ... Female
17) Star .... Female
18) Moon ... Female
19) Sun ..... Male
20) Judgement .... ?????
21) Cosmos .... ?????

22) The Choice ... Male

thanks for your help!!
Ra Wrote:Great Way of the Body must be seen, as are all the archetypes of the body, to be a mirror image of the thrust of the activity of the mind.

Therefore, if 6 is female and 7 is male; then, 13 must be male and 14 female.
Note that these associations are the opposite of the ones I proposed in the post plenum linked.

I also assert that 20 is male and 21 is female. As far as the images go, the female figure in 21 is clearly the dominant character.

Of course, there are many more reasons for choosing the alignments I'm endorsing, but those are more subjective in nature.

Edited to add:
Additionally, my meditation on the Significators paired with the Choice has resulted in a fairly firm conviction that--at least in relation to each other--the Significators are male and the Choice is female. When considered individually, I generally take these archetypes to be largely without a dominant gender.
Hello Plenum,

(07-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Fill in the following boxes please lol

1) Magican ...... Male
2) High Priestess .. Female
3) Empress ...... Female
4) Emperor ...... Male
5) Hierophant ... Male
6) Lovers ........ Female
7) Chariot ..... Male

8) Balance .... Female
9) Wisdom .... Male
10) Wheel .... Female
11) Enchantress .. Female
12) Hanged Man .. Male
13) Death ....... ??????
14) Alchemist .... ?????

15) Devil ..... Male
16) Tower ... Female
17) Star .... Female
18) Moon ... Female
19) Sun ..... Male
20) Judgement .... ?????
21) Cosmos .... ?????

22) The Choice ... Male

thanks for your help!!

I have to write that your questions are usually equally thoughtful as hard to answer Smile

For couple days now I'm trying to find an answer to your question in The Law of One. Unfortunately there's no conclusive answer. Therefore I'll share what I was able to find / what I'm thinking of it.

Firstly, regarding male/female polarity I've found this aid in understanding:

Quote:(100.2)
Ra: I am Ra. We shall. The concept of the pull towards mental polarity may
well be examined in the light of what the student has already accreted
concerning the nature of the conscious, exemplified by the male, and the
unconscious, exemplified by the female
(...)

So, that which has characteristics of "conscious" may be seen as "male polarization", and that which has characteristics of "unconscious" may be seen as "female polarization"

This was said due to the analysis of card number six - "Transformation of the Mind". Still, I think it may be useful, as Archetypal Mind - all of its complex concepts, which includes mind, body and spirit - "resides" in the root of the mind:

Quote:(77.13)
Ra: I am Ra. You are correct in that you perceive the content of our prior
statement with accuracy. You are incorrect in that you have no mention of
the, shall we say, location of all of these concept complexes; that is, they
exist within the roots of the mind and it is from this resource that their
guiding influence and leitmotifs may be traced
. You may further note that
each foundation is itself not single but a complex of concepts. Furthermore,
there are relationships betwixt mind, body, and spirit of the same location
in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each
octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the
mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand
is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets
and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two,
The Choice, is relatively fixed and single.

Regarding Archetypes thirteen and fourteen, I fully agree with JustLikeYou. RA quite clearly stated in session 81, that Archetypes of the Body should be seen as mirror image of the activity of the mind. Therefore I would state same, that:

13) Death ....... Male
14) Alchemist .... Female

Regarding interpretation of Archetype thirteen I've also found interesting quote:

Quote:(81.13)
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may be seen to be additionally correct in
that each moment and certainly each diurnal period of the bodily
incarnation offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the
catalyst which is offered it.

I'm wondering if in case of other Archetypes, especially those of mind and spirit, there are also such "micro-cycles" - even if only symbolic.

Now, regarding the most difficult Archetypes for me personally - those of the Spirit. Archetype twentieth - Judgement - "Transformation of the Spirit":

Quote:(80.20)
Ra: I am Ra. That which you call the Sarcophagus in your system may be
seen to be the material world, if you will. This material world is transformed
by the spirit into that which is infinite and eternal.
The infinity of the spirit
is an even greater realization than the infinity of consciousness, for
consciousness which has been disciplined by will and faith is that
consciousness which may contact intelligent infinity directly. There are
many things which fall away in the many, many steps of adepthood. We, of
Ra, still walk these steps and praise the one infinite Creator at each
transformation.

This I perceive as an action/reaching of the Spirit. Therefore I would say:

20) Judgement .... Male

In case of Archetype twenty one - Cosmos/The World - "Great Way of The Spirit:

Quote:(80.21-22)
Questioner: Then I would guess that the twenty-first archetype would
represent contact with intelligent infinity. Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct, although one may also see the reflection of this
contact as well as the contact with intelligent energy which is the Universe
or, as you have called it somewhat provincially, the World.

Questioner: Then by this contact also with intelligent energy can you give
me an example of what this would be for both the contact with intelligent
infinity and the contact with intelligent energy? Could you give me an
example of what type of experience this would result in, if that is at all
possible?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last query of this working of full length. We
have discussed the possibilities of contact with intelligent energy, for this
energy is the energy of the Logos, and thus it is the energy which heals,
builds, removes, destroys, and transforms all other-selves as well as the self.

The contact with intelligent infinity is most likely to produce an
unspeakable joy in the entity experiencing such contact. If you wish to
query in more detail upon this subject, we invite you to do so in another
working. Is there a brief query before we close this working?

Word/label contact I understand as reaching for that which awaits to be reached, therefore I would say:

21) Cosmos .... Female

Of course One can argue, that for contact to be possible, first its need to be initialized (as reaching activity). Nevertheless I think that fundamental "property" of Great Way of the Spirit is to "secure" this contact with infinity resources of an intelligent infinity (or in case of Logoi, intelligent energy).

Last card is most difficult to examine in context of male/female polarization. I think most useful are Ra's Words regarding Choice itself, as main "Work" of this density:

Quote:(76.16)
Questioner: Third density, then, compared to the rest of the densities, all of
them, is nothing but a uniquely short period of what we consider to be time
and is for the purpose of this choice.

Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is precisely correct. The prelude to choice must
encompass the laying of the foundation, the establishment of the illusion
and the viability of that which can be made spiritually viable. The
remainder of the densities is continuous refining of the choice. This also is
greatly lengthened, as you would use the term. The choice is, as you put it,
the work of a moment but is the axis upon which the creation turns.

So, on the one hand, Choice is something that has to be actively done throughout all incarnations of third density. On the other hand, the very same Choice is later a base (as a resource) of "Work" in all higher densities of this Octave. Therefore I would say that twenty second card has both connotation - as well male as female. It all depends on the point of One's view. Thus:

22) The Choice ... Male/Female

But, since We are considering third density point of view, I think it is safe to say that last card has a male polarization.

I would like to underline, that all above is a pure theory for me, as I haven't started proper work with Archetypes, yet. Despite that, I hope You will find in my words some value for your own Work.

Take Care
(07-23-2014, 03:24 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]15) Devil ..... Male
16) Tower ... Female
17) Star .... Female
18) Moon ... Female
19) Sun ..... Male
20) Judgement .... ?????
21) Cosmos .... ?????

22) The Choice ... Male

thanks for your help!!

I don't think the Spirit row of cards have male/female positive/negative attributes. But if they do, the "lightening" of card 16 "acts upon" the darkness of card 15. So card 15 would be female and 16 male.

The whole point of card 19, the Sun, is that Spirit shines equally on everyone. People on the STS path are as loved and cherished by Spirit as those on the STO path. That card is Unconditional Love. I cannot believe it is either male or female.
Hello,

I would like to update my take on this matter, which is following:

Quote:
                                                     Mind                      Body                   Spirit

Matrix                                           Male                       Female              Female/Male

Potentiator                                   Female                     Male                 Male/Female

Catalyst                                       Female                      Male                Female/Male

Experience                                    Male                       Female              Male/Female

Significator                                   Male                       Female              Male/Female

Transformation                            Female                     Male                 Female/Male

Great Way                                     Male                      Female               Female/Male

The Choice                                    Male                       Female              Male/Female

I’ve included “The Choice” as “eight Arcanum” for each Patch, as it presents “end result” of Great Way of each Path. Especially on/at “Spirit Path” – Male Aspect consciously acts upon Female Aspect of the Spirit, after Great Way with reverse situation.

This is a base for interpretation of an Entire Great Arcanum I’m working on. It assumes that Spirit Complex’s Male and Female Aspects may be described by “counter parts” Arcanum of Mind and Body which Male/Female Aspects are equal to Positive/Negative Polarization. However in case of Spirit Complex, both Aspects Adopt “Polarity” only when interacting with Mind/Body Counterparts – in other words at the side of Our actual/available Experience. Therefore this is an attempt to “describe Spirit influences and their nature” on space/time Self – Self that We understand as “I” – and through this to recognize “influence of the Spirit” and to learn to “read”/”follow” It.

To achieve all that, following definitions were established:

malethat which reaches (active action)
femalethat which awaits to be reached (passive action)
positivethat which radiate/emanate/gives-back energies (outward action)
negativethat which absorb/cumulate/withholds energies (inward action)

When Spirit “meets” Mind/Body, Polarity begins to influence Experience of the Spirit. Through assignation “Aspect/Polarity”, We are being informed about form of expression and direction of the influence of Spirit on the Mind/Body (and vice versa).
- Male/Female aspects indicate “form of influence” (acting / being acted upon)
- Positive/Negative polarities indicate “direction of influence” (inward / outward)
It is expressed in following configurations:
Male/Positive – active outward action
Male/Negative – active inward action
Female/Positive – passive outward action
Female/Negative – passive inward action

So, for Service to Others Adept who would like to “draw positive Experience of the Spirit from Environment of this Arcanum”, above proposed take would offer following:

Experience of the Spirit – Male/Female

Male Aspect of the Spirit naturally Reach for the Female Aspect. When Seeker try to “become Male Aspect of the Spirit” and to seek “positive Experience” (Female Aspect of the Spirit), He/She may only approach it through Mind/Body Complexes. Therefore Male Aspect of the Spirit is examined from the point-of-view of Positive Polarity. With use of established above criteria, One can deduce following:

Male, Reaching, Aspect of the Spirit with Positive Pole:
Male/Positive
To translate it on form of influence/direction of influence:
Active Outward Action

Female, awaits Reaching, Aspect of the Spirit with Positive Pole
Female/Positive
To translate it on form of influence/direction of influence:
Passive Outward Action

Now, to express overall “Aspects Relation” of the Experience of the Spirit Arcanum – Male/Female – in above deduced conclusions:

Active Outward Action / Passive Outward Action

Active Outward Action as means of reaching for Passive Outward Action

In relation to Arcanum depicting Experience of the Spirit, it maybe be tied to:
- Active seekings of Spirit Illumination/Inspiration (Light on the ground) / Moon Light and Scorpion (awaits reaching and examination)

In relation to One’s Experience (of course each situation is Unique, but to attempt to generalize):
- To initiate Relation/Action with/upon Being/Event that is in position of “passive offering” (selfness behavior of randomly met Stranger / Event centered around Place that Serves Others / etc.). To observe One’s Experience and to be mindful of such relations that may occur within three-dimensional Environment and which may be “Inspired by Spirit” / form of Communication of the Spirit with other Aspects of Self (Mind/Body). I guess if that would be the case, pursuing such Experience (“marked” by above mentioned “Relations”) would at some point be “Felt” by Seeker – as “Subjective Experience that is beyond Words but is a clear signal for the Seeker if pursued Experience leads toward Female Aspect of the Spirit” – and consequently whether We were able to become “Male Aspect of the Spirit” within given context (of life/experience).

Regardless of my own interpretation of the “base”, I am convinced, that each Arcanum of Spirit Path possess both Male and Female Aspects.

As above is a base of/for my current Work, I would be Grateful for Feedback that would Help/Aid me in better understanding/refining this Approach.

EDIT: I've oversimplify greatly in my “example” of interpreting “Experience of the Spirit”. For one, I’ve assigned to Spirit Aspects only Mind Arcanum (Male/Positive). Besides male/female aspects translated as positive/negative poles, cannot be such directly tied with Service to Others or Service to Self Paths (unfortunately). Such “Polarity” is not “defined” by positive/negative labels – at best they inform of relations/differences between both Paths open to each and every Seeker.

All I have Best in me for You
third-density-being, I'd like to hear more about the distinction between "male" and "male/female" (and vice versa) and how this directly relates to the different cycles.

A Ra quotation to keep in mind:

Ra Wrote:the Significator of the Mind is both actor and acted upon.

The terms Ra is using here are---as always---crucial. The concepts of "actor" and "acted upon" have, in fact, informed our most fundamental conceptions of what it means to be masculine and feminine as far back as history can remember. There is a youtube video that nicely outlines this point using these very terms, though its intention is to undermine the direct masculine-male and feminine-female correspondences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_WLlMWk6U

It is this line from Ra that has solidified my approach to both the Significators and the Choice as what I call "di-gendered," or hermaphroditic. In the case of the Significator of the Mind, for example, the mind complex is constituted of both the conscious and the unconscious. The constant interaction between these two sides of the mind is necessary in order to produce the intricate narratives in which we all engage through the course of our lives. If we were to remove the unconscious from the act of storytelling, we'd lose the mystery, emotional fluidity, and subtlety that characterizes our most prized examples of storytelling. If, however, we were to remove the conscious from the act, we'd lose the structure and direction so integral to a meaningful work. The former imbalance would tend toward rigid plot-driven story whose intellectuality kills any connection we feel with the characters, while the later imbalance would tend toward meaningless expression that we usually view as nonsense or drivel.

Moreover, when we consider the archetypes as foundational roles that we can all play, there emerge a few roles that seem to come just as easily to males as females. Storytelling is clearly one of those roles, though females tend to emphasize the emotional content while males tend to emphasize the intellectual. Here we have a spectrum of storytelling which, unlike the Mother or Father archetypes, clearly invites the masculine and feminine influences in equal measure.
Hello Dear JustLikeYou,

Mind and Body Paths are fairly intuitive and understood, especially that Ra focus quite greatly on the Mind Path.
Spirit Path on the other hand is extremely elusive and practically indefinable for third-density-Being. Since so little was said about the Spirit Path in fourth Book, I’ve looked back to every statement Ra ever made regarding the “Spirit” (when Ra spoke of the “Spirit” separately, not as “mind/body/spirit complex”).

In following, “Roman numeral” indicates number to the Book, “Arabic numeral” indicates number of the Page. I apologize for a non-standard system of reference.

Quote:I, s. 90 - 91
Questioner: Then would it be possible for you to train us in healing
awareness?
(…)
Ra:
(…)
To speak to the third, if you will, imagine the function of the magnet. The
magnet has two poles. One reaches up. The other goes down. The function
of the spirit is to integrate the upreaching yearning of the mind/body energy
with the downpouring and streaming of infinite intelligence.
This is a brief
explication of the third area.

In this response Ra gave “synopsis of the program of training required for Healer (same regard that started detailed Archetypal Mind discussion). Here Ra again underlines that firstly Mind and Body must be “balanced” in order to begin Work on the Spirit Path. RA described here relations between Mind/Body and the Spirit in very peculiar way – almost as if Mind/Body was “Male Aspect of the Spirit”, while “Infinite Intelligence” were “Female Aspect of the Spirit. Moreover, if “Spirit” is considered as a “shuttle”, such relations are possible in my opinion / according to my current interpretation.

Next quote is in very same topic – a continuation of “third area”:

Quote:I, s. 97
Ra: I am Ra. This is well with us.
We proceed now with the third part of the teach/learning concerning the
development of the energy powers of healing.

The third area is the spiritual complex which embodies the fields of force
and consciousness which are the least distorted of your mind/body/spirit
complex. The exploration and balancing of the spirit complex is indeed the
longest and most subtle part of your learn/teaching. We have considered the
mind as a tree. The mind controls the body. With the mind single-pointed,
balanced, and aware, the body comfortable in whatever biases and
distortions make it appropriately balanced for that instrument, the
instrument is then ready to proceed with the greater work.

That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a
pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then
the spirit can become a functioning shuttle or communicator from the
entity’s individual energy/will upwards, and from the streamings of the
creative fire and wind downwards.

(…)

Here again close connection of Mind/Body and Spirit was expressed.
“Individual energy/will” I understand as “Individual Body/Mind”.
“Functioning shuttle or communicator” – The Spirit
“Upwards” and “downwards” – those are “the Directions of the Spirit functioning” – and those I try to express in “relations” that combines all three: Mind/Body/Spirit.

When One would assigned dual-Aspect to the Spirit Path, each Arcanum on this Path is capable of expressing both Paths of Mind and Body – or at least to indicate what are the “relations/influences” of each Spirit Arcanum in/within the Arcanum of Mind/Body.

For example:
Catalyst:
Mind – Female
Body – Male
Spirit – Female/Male

Therefore:
Catalyst of the Spirit – Mind/Body

- those are relations One can drawn from such understanding. Interpretation of it, is a different matter and is Unique for Each Being.

Similarly with relations I’ve proposed in my previous mail – Arcanum “Catalyst of the Spirit” would be expressed as”

Female/Male

Female/Positive – passive outward action (Female Aspect of the Spirit with assigned Male Aspect of the Body Catalyst)
Female/Negative – passive inward action (Female Aspect of the Spirit with assigned Female Aspect of the Mind Catalyst)

Male/Positive – active outward action (Male Aspect of the Spirit with assigned Male Aspect of the Body Catalyst)
Male/Negative – active inward action (Male Aspect of the Spirit with assigned Female Aspect of the Mind Catalyst)

Those are only “dry relations”, meaningless in “them-selves” – they are to be used to interpret each Arcanum by Each Being Individually. Only than they possess any value – if they are able to facilitate that Process.

In terms of “label-ism”, RA offered Us one more “substitute” for understanding labels “Positive(male)/Negative(female)”:

Quote:II, s. 29
Ra:
(…)
In green ray there are two possibilities. Firstly, if both vibrate in green ray
there will be a mutually strengthening energy transfer, the negative or
female, as you call it
, drawing the energy from the roots of the being-ness
through the energy centers, thus being physically revitalized; the positive, or
male polarity, as it is deemed in your illusion
, finding in its energy transfer
an inspiration which satisfies and feeds the spirit portion of the
body/mind/spirit complex, thus both being polarized and releasing the
excess of that which each has in abundance by nature of intelligent energy,
that is, negative/intuitive, positive/physical energies as you may call them;
this energy transfer being blocked only if one or both entities have fear of
possession or of being possessed, of desiring possession or desiring being
possessed.

Male/Positive/Physical
Female/Negative/Intuitive

If One would decide to examine Archetypal Mind through proposes “relations” (with proposed terminology) this “additional” understanding of those relations might be helpful.

Quote:I, s. 153
Ra:
The indigo-ray
balancing is quite central to the type of work which revolves about the spirit
complex
, which has its influx then into the transformation or transmutation
of third density to fourth density
, it being the energy center receiving the
least distorted outpourings of love/light from intelligent energy and also the
potential for the key to the gateway of intelligent infinity.

The “transformation or transmutation of third density to fourth density” – may in this case phrase “third density” be understood as Mind/Body with It’s Environment, that through Spirit Path is “transforming/transmuting”?

Quote:I, s. 172
Ra: I am Ra. Those who heal may be of any density which has the
consciousness of the spirit. This includes third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and
seventh. The third density can be one in which healing takes place just as
the others. However, there is more illusory material to understand, to
balance, to accept, and to move forward from

The gate to intelligent infinity can only be opened when an understanding
of the in-streamings of intelligent energy are opened unto the healer. These
are the so-called Natural Laws of your local space/time continuum and its
web of electromagnetic sources or nexi of in-streaming energy.

Know then, first, the mind and the body. Then as the spirit is integrated
and synthesized, these are harmonized into a mind/body/spirit complex
which can move among the dimensions and can open the gateway to
intelligent infinity, thus healing self by light and sharing that light with
others.

True healing is simply the radiance of the self causing an environment in
which a catalyst may occur which initiates the recognition of self, by self, of
the self -healing properties of the self.

Bolded part – I think that in this part Ra spoke about Archetypal Mind – especially the second sentence.

Bolded and underlined part – I think that in those two sentences Ra described an Entire Great Way (all three Paths) and “It’s End Result” (from the point of view of the Healer).

Quote:I, s. 184 – 185
Questioner: When this transition from second to third density takes place,
how does the entity, whether it be animal, [vegetable] tree, or mineral,
become enspirited?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities do not become enspirited. They become aware of the
intelligent energy within each portion, cell, or atom, as you may call it, of
its Beingness

This awareness is that which is awareness of that already given. From the
infinite come all densities. The self-awareness comes from within given the
catalyst of certain experiences understanding, as we may call this particular
energy, the upward spiraling of the cell or atom or consciousness
You may then see that there is an inevitable pull toward the, what you may
call, eventual realization of self.

Here, I pictured Matrix of the Spirit and Potentiator of the Spirit interplay, as similarity to the “conditions of transition” of Mind/Body Complex into Mind/Body/Spirit Complex” up to:

Quote:I, s. 141
Ra:
(…)third density, the first density of consciousness of spirit(…)

Quote:II, s. 24 – 25
Questioner: Thank you. Would you define mind, body, and spirit
separately?

Ra: I am Ra. These terms are all simplistic descriptive terms which equal a
complex of energy focuses; the body, as you call it, being the material of the
density which you experience at a given space/time or time/space; this
complex of materials being available for distortions of what you would call
physical manifestation.

The mind is a complex which reflects the in-pourings of the spirit and the
up-pourings of the body complex. It contains what you know as feelings,
emotions, and intellectual thoughts in its more conscious complexities.
Moving further down the tree of mind we see the intuition which is of the
nature of the mind more in contact or in tune with the total being-ness
complex. Moving down to the roots of mind we find the progression of
consciousness which gradually turns from the personal to the racial
memory, to the cosmic influxes, and thus becomes a direct contactor of that
shuttle which we call the spirit complex.

This spirit complex is the channel whereby the in-pourings from all of the
various universal, planetary, and personal inpourings may be funneled into
the roots of consciousness and whereby consciousness may be funneled to
the gateway of intelligent infinity through the balanced intelligent energy of
body and mind.

You will see by this series of definitive statements that mind, body, and
spirit are inextricably intertwined and cannot continue, one without the
other. Thus we refer to the mind/body/spirit complex rather than
attempting to deal with them separately, for the work, shall we say, that you
do during your experiences is done through the interaction of these three
components, not through any one.

This is the last quote I’m offering here that is consistent (for me, of course) with my “line of Thinking”.

Spirit is a “channel” for Mind/Body, therefore I think “It” can be expressed with Attributes/Aspects of both – Male(positive)/Femal(negative).

An addition to above:

Both Mind and Body are strongly divided between that what is conscious and unconscious. This is also expressed in positive/negative polarity.
I suspect that there’s no such division in case of the Spirit (It-Self) and that it is “Spirit-Counterparts” (Mind/Body) that are actively participating in/on/at the “Spirit Path”.

In any case, I’m unable to “grasp” “what” Spirit Is in relation to my own Being-ness/Experience and I think this is my fundamental problem/challenge.

As always, I’m very Open for discussion, especially that my Confusion is Significant.

All I have Best in me for You
Each archetype can be viewed in relation to the one before or after it, but each also contains both male and female energies, to varying degrees, depending upon what we focus on and identify with. To me, it's more about the snapshot of that particular motion, rather than the male or female energy of the main character depicted. Though the main character is usually what is noticed first, the archetype itself is more than a single character, but is, rather, a dynamic.

16 Lightning Struck Tower shows male energy (active, lightning) striking a male entity (phallic tower) which is in a female (receptive) role (being struck...having something done to it).

I have always thought of this as being the erect male (phallic) being enspirited by the female (light-ing or illuminating the physical structure, rending the chemical illusion).

(07-13-2015, 05:44 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Dear JustLikeYou,

Mind and Body Paths are fairly intuitive and understood, especially that Ra focus quite greatly on the Mind Path.
Spirit Path on the other hand is extremely elusive and practically indefinable for third-density-Being. Since so little was said about the Spirit Path in fourth Book, I’ve looked back to every statement Ra ever made regarding the “Spirit” (when Ra spoke of the “Spirit” separately, not as “mind/body/spirit complex”).

In any case, I’m unable to “grasp” “what” Spirit Is in relation to my own Being-ness/Experience and I think this is my fundamental problem/challenge.

An attempt at an answer?

Intelligent Infinity (the biggest "spirit" of all, inasmuch as it is the Original Creative Force or God) through awareness and focused intent created Intelligent Energy ("Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy") which is a form of light.  (“The concept of light is instrumental in grasping this great leap of thought as this vibrational distortion of infinity is the building block of that which is known as matter, the light being intelligent and full of energy, thus being the first distortion of intelligent infinity which was called by the creative principle.”  Session 13.)

Everything in our Universe is this Intelligent Energy including all objects and mass (E=MC[sup]2[/sup]).   You and I are two coalesced bits of this Intelligent Energy (sub-sub-sub-sub logi) and the Mind/Body complex is the physical part.  But we are also still a part of the greater spiritual “whole” of Intelligent Infinity too.  We are individuated bits of Spirit and co-creators.  (“The galaxy and all other things of material of which you are aware are products of individualized portions of intelligent infinity.”)

That inner spark of spirit, or Intelligent Infinity, is constantly nourished by the greater Intelligent Infinity Source.  (“The intelligent energy of the mind/body/spirit complex totality draws its existence from intelligent infinity or the Creator.”  Session 51) 

This is a dry “mechanical” description of Spirit, but not the most important aspect of Spirit.

The important aspect is that there is a spiritual nature to all of reality.  There is a spiritual Purpose to our existence.  Spirit’s relationship to your “Being-ness/Experience” is that at some point you will come to know/grok that you are a Spiritual Being with Spiritual Purpose and have (potentially) the ability to tap into and to manipulate physicality (Intelligent Energy) and/or to commune with, or gain information from, Intelligent Infinity. 

The Tarot shows different aspects of Mind, Body and Spirit in the hopes to get the curious Seeker to see this greater Spiritual attribute of our existence and then, once found, to start to walk the Spiritual Path (the Great Way cards).  There is a choice to be made (STO/STS) and some work to be done to tap into Intelligent Infinity (still the mind, balance the chakras).  But it is the very promise of knowing/experiencing your “larger” spiritual self that is the motivation to make the choice and to do the work. 

So Spirit is both the calling/reason to act, and the fundamental source and support of the ability to act.

The work is done (here in the 3[sup]rd[/sup] dimensional Earth Life School) through a body and with the mind, but the work is done on and to the Self Spirit.  Using Free Will to mold and sculpt said Spirit in your own unique way.  To become the Greatest Vision of Who You Really Are.  To cut and shine the facets of your Spirit diamond.  To what ultimate end?  That seems to be one of the Mysteries.  Ra did not say.

I recommend plenty of sleep and extra provisions for the long trek.