Bring4th

Full Version: Getting scared during meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everybody,

I am very new to meditating, started 2 months ago or so and I would like to share/ask about something that I experience during my meditations. I can't stop getting scared and anxious when meditating. Even though I had few nice experiences, I am interrupted most of the time by these fears. it's mostly like I am feeling a presence when I close my eyes. I am scared to feel a touch on my body or hear a creaking sound on the floor (footsteps) or I want to meditate with only candles at night but the room becomes too dark and scary. (I have fear of dark and boogies by the way-and I am 32 :P ). and I am also scared to hear things. none of these happened, but my right ear has been ringing a lot for the past 1-2 weeks every day.this ringing sound covers all my head on meditative state and especially last night it lasted more than 1 hour (lasted for a long time even after I finished my meditation). I found out that I might be a clairaudience, and if I accept them and listen them carefully I might hear real words and messages. Ra also says that right ear tones are positive sourced. how I wish it would happen! but I am freaking out on the other hand! and by freaking out, I am double freaked out that I'm gonna loose it. last night these fears came again when I was trying to meditate and I said "please let me not hear a word please please, not now, if it will happen please let it be during day light in a crowd" haha. and today I haven't heard of any ringing sounds :( -except the one I heard on my left ear, only once and the for first time! maybe I am under attack of negatif entities? and they are the source of these fears? I pray and wish to replace these fears with love and let the light in and I also practice some EFT on these fears. I also try to send love to those negative entities if there are any. but I couldn't have any solid results yet. for example I am really nervous now about sitting on my mat and meditate..I was wondering if any of you had similar experience and/or have recommendations. thank you for reading my post.

love & peace
Keep meditating and the fear will recede. There is nothing else that can be done. I've gone through this, things would mess with me while meditating, they continue to do so but I just do it anyways. The fear will wear off.

To treat the problem of what is bothering you, find a magickal ritual (or create one) to ward off the problem by protection. With enough intent, the ritual will inevitably work.

Also, the right ear ringings are probably signals that everything is fine and that you are being assisted. It's a sign everything is cool and that these things can't hurt you.
(07-24-2014, 04:57 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Keep meditating and the fear will recede. There is nothing else that can be done. I've gone through this, things would mess with me while meditating, they continue to do so but I just do it anyways. The fear will wear off.

To treat the problem of what is bothering you, find a magickal ritual (or create one) to ward off the problem by protection. With enough intent, the ritual will inevitably work.

Also, the right ear ringings are probably signals that everything is fine and that you are being assisted. It's a sign everything is cool and that these things can't hurt you.

Thank you for replying my post Adonai One. I will keep meditating. and I also just found this website about building the armor of light. it could be useful for me and anyone else who has the same issue:
http://www.mudrashram.com/armoroflight.html

it says
"As seekers move their meditation out of the safe harbor of the personality into the mystic seas of the Subtle Realm, the first band of the Superconscious mind, they encounter a dark realm called the Lower Astral Plane. The Lower Astral Plane is the repository of the collective evil of humanity. It is a dangerous place to visit; it is a more dangerous place to dwell."

The lower astral plane, maybe that's where I have been dragged. I will practice building armor of light, and hopefully I will release all these fears soon.
http://youtu.be/9GZAzKomLhI

With all Law of One chakra systems in place

This is how to ground and have that armor
Hello Space Cat,

(07-24-2014, 05:12 PM)space cat Wrote: [ -> ]The Lower Astral Plane is the repository of the collective evil of humanity. It is a dangerous place to visit; it is a more dangerous place to dwell."

I, personally, cannot accept it as this is not consonant with The Law of One. In my opinion it is a fantasy. There's no such thing as "collective evil of humanity". Such presenting things is contradictory with Ra's Teachings/Learning. I understand that You are deeply spirited Being, but please - You've been Gifted with The Law of One Wisdom. Therefore I would not recommend to turn to notions of this density of how spiritual world is functioning. RA explained it quite clearly.

Please keep in mind, that You are One with Everything, that You are a Creator.

Accept your fear - when it comes, let it flow and observe it in peace within Your-Self. Don't run, don't reject, don't stop meditating. Let it come, let it visit You and let it leave.
When I first started, I too had these feelings of fear. I would also envision this shadow figure trying to grab me which startled me obviously lol. I spoke with a medium who suggested that once I sit down in my meditation spot, say something to the effect of "this is my personal space of safety, those of negative influence shall not pass and please leave" and say it out loud. you can also end it with something like "this space is reserved for those who seek the love and the light of the One infinite Creator through the path of service to others". Mainly just something very personal and special in your heart that expresses your intent for your protection.

Once you sit and start to relax, envision yourself surrounded by a ball of white light.

As for the sound, I have found the ear plugs are my saving grace. I am very skiddish and arouse easily so even the slightest sound throws off my concentration.
Hi space cat,

What you are experiencing is normal, especially for someone who is relatively new to spiritual seeking and meditating. Growing up and experiencing life within society, we repress many things, some of them overtly violent and traumatic experiences, some of them more implicit and subtle. Everyone has a shadow that is created from attempting to function within a family, within social circles, within belief systems, and within society in general which has ideas of appropriate and inappropriate behavior.

Whether something traumatic happens to us directly or whether we are chastised (in any subtle and various ways), our brains literally create neural pathways which cause our thought processes, actions, and experiences to avoid these things again. Because of this, we begin to go through life with a sort of mask and a hidden shadow beneath it.

Meditation and spiritual seeking are, in essence, attempting to connect us with the unconscious parts of ourselves. For beginners, the first thing we will encounter is this shadow which our brain actively attempts to avoid. The fear you are experiencing is this avoidance. Basically, your brain does not want you to look at these repressed things that are attempting to come forward once you silence your mind.

The idea that meditation alone will solve the problem isn't necessarily true. I was just listening to a talk from one of the most prominent Buddhist practitioners of the west who said that once meditation was becoming prominent in the West, they thought the practice would simply override the necessary work needed to become familiar and accepting of the Shadow. They eventually learned that, despite how much someone meditates, if their Shadow is ingrained enough, it will remain until it is consciously sought out and accepted. (And we all will have some aspects of Shadow throughout our entire lives.)

I think it's much more useful to look at these things in terms of aspect of self rather than negative entities. Sure, there are negative entities that exist, and these states of mind may attract (or be perpetuated by) negative beings, but the fear comes from you, and is ultimately your own responsibility to approach, understand, and accept whatever it is that is triggering the fear reaction (which could be a multitude of things). Protection rituals and the such may make it easier to do so, but ultimately we have to be okay with approaching these negative emotions and feelings and understanding them, as they will lead us deeper to the riches of Spirit. This is ultimately why, in Ra's archetypal system, the Matrix of the Spirit is represented by the Devil. This is similar to Jung's archetype of the Shadow.

There are probably a multitude of ways for you to successfully work with this feeling until you are able to meditate comfortably. One that I think could work is to attempt to find a state of both peace and inquisitiveness before entering into meditation in the darkness. Become curious about yourself, the depths of your being, and with the knowledge that the fear from the Shadow will lead you deeper, approach it. Attempt to hold the mindset of peace and curiosity at the same time as the fear arises. If you feel yourself slipping into a cycle of fear and you lose your peaceful mindset, don't attempt to dive deeper. The point of this exercise is to create neural pathways between these two neural configurations - the peace and curiosity, and the fear. That way the fear, as strange as it sounds, is not something that scares you, but is rather something that intrigues you that you want to learn more about. It's a calling to an adventure of the self where you enter the dark cave and find the dragon which is protecting the riches of your Self. But diving into the fear without the mindset of peace and curiosity would be akin to entering the cave without a torch for light - you may get lost and become more afraid. Activating that neural pathway alone can serve to "harden" it even more.

I think what has helped me personally the most in exploring these types of "negative" emotions and experiences is that the spiritual path is ultimately a path of self discovery, self awareness, and self liberation, and these things are the catalyst which point the way towards this ultimate realization of Self. In this sense I approach the negative emotions and experiences as a hero within my own myth, on my own journey, with bumps in the road and guardians on the threshold to transformation.
Quote:The fear you are experiencing is this avoidance [of unconscious repressions].

No tangible evidence of this whatsoever.

Why is this forum preaching Jung psychology as fact? I thought this was a Law of One forum.
I've had similar issues. If you have any questions you are uncomfortable posting you can send me a PM and I'll answer the best I can.

The fear is natural. It can be painful feeling it all but your will feel more 'whole' once you have. It's a lot like exercising. You repeatedly beat yourself up and become stronger, and better from it. Just don't over-do it and then injure yourself (same problem athletes have).

As far as negative entities go: they are the symptom usually, not the cause. They make issues worse occasionally but there has to be an all-ready existing weakness. So in this regard the negative being will often times be your greatest teacher by pointing out your flaws. He's still a dick though so don't let him just do whatever he wants (I jest).

Lastly I would recommend you to always be aware, always analyze your beliefs. There are a lot of spiritual doctrines passed around which have no basis is fact/experience. A little faith is useful, but discernment will usually serve you better.
Why do we assume the OP has flaws/issues related to this when we haven't heard about his/her life in detail yet? Isn't this susceptible to great error and misunderstanding?

How can we dare say we know what he's/she's going through inside-and-out?
(07-24-2014, 08:08 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this forum preaching Jung psychology as fact? I thought this was a Law of One forum.

It's a perspective that Austin is offering, rather than necessarily a definitive 'fact'. Fear of darkness is typically an external analog or projection to ones fear of the inner unknown, or the unconscious. They are of course welcome to take what they need and leave the rest.

I didn't realise this was a purist cult forum where the Ra Material is seen as the definitive source of all things. If I wanted dogma, I'd be on a religion forum ;-).

To OP, It would be helpful to analyse these fears rationally. As you go deeper your outer mask/personality construct will usually create excuses not go further. Call upon your guides and HS (Invite your personal guide to join you, clear your personal space and protect the 7th Chakra channel). As you shift in frequency you will usually be susceptible high pitch ringing. This is normal, I had the same for months and it was corroborated as 'positive' contact rather than a negative greeting. Listening to your guides is not so much about physically hearing for audible messages when the ringing occurs, but rather through 'conceptual thought'. During meditation, talk with yourself/conduct an inner dialogue with an imaginary figure you transpose onto a Guide/HS to initiate communication.

Why do you believe negative entities are going to attack you if you shut your eyes during meditation? If anything you would attract those that are 'positive' in the thousands (figuratively speaking).
The OP stated he may be experiencing negative entities. I stated that in my experience negatives are attracted to flaws/issues. If we all waited until we knew everything about a person before we spoke people would never talk.
So in absolutely all cases, negative entities only come to people with "flaws/issues" (which are terms I would never use)? Do we have evidence to back such a firm conviction so that we can absolutely apply it to every thread and post of this nature?

What about a minority that could be an exception? Should we just negate such a possibility and throw the same advice at them to, even if it leads them to mistakenly believe there is something they aren't doing that they are? Isn't that a bit potentially harmful?
(07-24-2014, 08:44 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]So in absolutely all cases, negative entities only come to people with "flaws/issues" (which are terms I would never use)? Do we have evidence to back such a firm conviction so that we can absolutely apply it to every thread and post of this nature?

Read my post:
(07-24-2014, 08:32 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]As far as negative entities go: they are the symptom usually, not the cause. They make issues worse occasionally but there has to be an all-ready existing weakness. So in this regard the negative being will often times be your greatest teacher by pointing out your flaws. He's still a dick though so don't let him just do whatever he wants (I jest).
Alright, just making sure this is clear, because this forum has a great habit of slapping on generalized, absolute prescriptions for cases we don't fully know about. It's like giving ritalin to every person that says they have trouble reading something. It can lead to really confusing people who do not need what is prescribed if they are convinced somebody knows better than them.

For the OP and similar OPs: Listen to yourself first, others second.
(07-24-2014, 08:53 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, just making sure this is clear, because this forum has a great habit of slapping on generalized, absolute prescriptions for cases we don't fully know about. It's like giving ritalin to every person that says they have trouble reading something. It can lead to really confusing people who do not need what is prescribed if they are convinced somebody knows better than them.

I was very clear:
(07-24-2014, 08:32 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly I would recommend you to always be aware, always analyze your beliefs. There are a lot of spiritual doctrines passed around which have no basis is fact/experience. A little faith is useful, but discernment will usually serve you better.
Karl, I never meant you specifically. Smile
(07-24-2014, 09:01 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Karl, I never meant you specifically. Smile
Cool. Hopefully our little drama will help highlight some useful points. Well played sir.
Try meditating during the day. I used to have the same unwariness meditating at night.
(07-24-2014, 08:35 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Why do we assume the OP has flaws/issues related to this when we haven't heard about his/her life in detail yet? Isn't this susceptible to great error and misunderstanding?

How can we dare say we know what he's/she's going through inside-and-out?

The OP is asking for help, which puts those who respond in a position to assume that there is a perceived deficit in their state of being that they are hoping others who are spiritually inclined or who have been through similar situations might address.

I think assuming the OP is without "flaws" or "issues" (distortions might be a word that carries less judgement) would be the greater error and misunderstanding.

For me, I typically begin meditations by calling upon my guidance, which I recommend, especially if you get fearful. Your guides can only do very little to help you unless you open the door and ask them first.

Having a mentality of "they can't harm me" can work wonders as well, considering all entities need your free will agreement to pester you in such a way. Learning to set up vibrational boundaries is a big part of 3D Earth school.
dear everybody!
thank you so much for your valuable comments, suggestions and your time! Actually, I already have been working on recognizing my fears, non acceptances, insecurities, egos, uncertainties.. Law of One is my first guide on my spiritual journey (even though I am a newbie). I also started studying teachings of kabbalah, which I find very helpful . I think I still need more time to fully recognize my issues and fears, and once I do, I can start working on them. But I will also practice some protection against negative greetings in case :) the rituals you recommend will be very helpful I believe. and thanks for the video BlatzAdict! I will try that this evening :)

I already feel protected with your support and care! once again I am feeling home in these forums :) Thank you!

love & peace
I think getting past fears is one of the milestones on our journey, isn't it? So learning how to deal with fears must be part of our spiritual studies. Ra seems to give a great deal of attention to how negative entities (sic) broadcast fear and that is their main way of "attack." The answer to this seems to be that we must learn how to see them (the negative entities) with love and as part of God, while simultaneously refusing to allow them to take us over. I think Edgar Cayce used to recommend that meditators ask the Christ for guidance and protection when beginning to meditate, but then Cayce probably would recommend asking the Christ for guidance and protection always. I believe Carla does something similar (asking or declaring Christ protection) when giving readings.

I find this helpful in the LOO readings:

Ra, 32.1 "Thus we see protection being very simple. Give thanksgiving for each moment. See the self and the other-self as Creator. Open the heart. Always know the light and praise it. This is all the protection necessary."

Also I think it's important to listen to inner guidance, especially if one has asked for such guidance from spiritual guides or teachers or from one's higher self. Sometimes finding peace of mind (for me) requires intense prayer (asking for help) as well as meditation.
(07-25-2014, 10:59 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]...

I think assuming the OP is without "flaws" or "issues" (distortions might be a word that carries less judgement) would be the greater error and misunderstanding.

I will continue making this "greater error" for every person I meet.
(07-25-2014, 12:08 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

If someone asks for help and I feel inclined or in a position to respond, I must take into consideration their feelings about themselves and not just my feelings about them. Of course all entities are "perfect" and on their on correct path of being, but sometimes I feel specificity and contemplation may help instead of just glossing over and reiterating the obvious. None of us meet our own standards of "perfection"; this is 3D, we are supposed to have distortions and to go through the process of learning to deal with them. To attempt to transcend all distortions in every scenario is what I believe we call "spiritual bypassing".
(07-25-2014, 11:55 AM)space cat Wrote: [ -> ]dear everybody!
thank you so much for your valuable comments, suggestions and your time! Actually, I already have been working on recognizing my fears, non acceptances, insecurities, egos, uncertainties.. Law of One is my first guide on my spiritual journey (even though I am a newbie).

While it isn't everyones cup of tea, you may find Bashar to be helpful in this regard. I say that as the Ra Material is fairly heavy and not an easy read, especially as introductory material with regards to style/technical verbiage.

E.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC9JGFn5ngY

Have fun Smile.

(07-25-2014, 12:08 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

Everyone has distortions. A certain limited perspective might perceive distortions as 'flaws', or others with a wider perspective may see them as aids towards knowing the Self further. 'Negative' entities can only operate by utilising pre-existing distortions/biases within the individual. If those pathways are not there and were addressed, said Entity has no leverage. Why is there anything wrong with this assumption?

Someone may call another person out for being physically 'ugly' (Usually self insecurity), however if the recipient of the gesture have reconciled this part of themselves, loving the Self for who they are and knowing they are beautiful, said individual would simply shrug/laugh it off, neutralising any charge. It's the same principle. It is always how we choose to interpret incoming data. We can modify those filters at will through inner-work.
(07-25-2014, 01:45 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]None of us meet our own standards of "perfection"

I consider myself perfect. I consider everything and everyone perfect.

Quote:To attempt to transcend all distortions in every scenario is what I believe we call "spiritual bypassing".

If being satisfied with my existence and the existences of others is spiritual bypassing, then I am the ultimate spiritual bypasser. I will embrace this term.

Zachary

It's ok, what you are doing is facing what has been deep within you for so long. It is just you and your thoughts...it will teach you much about yourself. You must learn to embrace the fear, accept it. It is ok, just an experience. No need to feed it. The moment you accept it, is the moment you are no longer afraid. As one goes deeper and deeper within ones self much is seen and released. It is a cleansing process, there is no need to identify with the fearful thoughts/visions you get. You may experience the fear...without identifying with it. Know within you it has no power over you.
Sounds like you could use some grounding. Listening to these frequencies on low volume in your headphones, along with sitting in a position which allows you to keep the soles of your feet pressed against something, should have a calming effect. I would advise against sitting on a mat(assuming cross-legged without the soles touching anything), simply because the soles play a big role in making you grounded(grounding energies dispel anxiety and fear).

Edit: It should be noted that from today and during the following three days, because of the positioning of astronomical objects, there will be a natural difficulty to ground oneself. Three days before and after the day of the full/new moon. Intensity of the effect as follows: 25%,50%,75%,100%(full/new),75%,50%,25%
Keep us updated! I all but guarantee that meditating during the day will alleviate your fears. If that's not an option, close your bedroom door and lock it..it creates the feeling of being safe.
Thanks for your comments Zachary. you are right. Actually I noticed once I observe my fears not something exterior but something interior, like something that belongs me, they are no more fears. I should practice on that.

Aureus,
I sometimes listen binaural beats when meditating. I will try with this video too, thanks!

(07-26-2014, 08:53 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Keep us updated! I all but guarantee that meditating during the day will alleviate your fears. If that's not an option, close your bedroom door and lock it..it creates the feeling of being safe.

Icaro, thanks. I intend to meditate during the day but nights are usually more convenient for me. however I can and do so if I cant get over this situation for some time. I will write about my progress under this topic again and keep you updated! Smile Thank you very much dear fellows, let the light be with all of us!

Heart
Pages: 1 2