Bring4th

Full Version: If there is a right way to live and a wrong way to live...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why don't we just force people to live the right way and punish those who live the wrong way until they live the right way? Every person is happy living the right way, I assume.

This is not my belief, by the way.
(07-30-2014, 10:42 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we just force people to live the right way and punish those who live the wrong way until they live the right way? Every person is happy living the right way, I assume.

This is not my belief, by the way.

This would be a lot of the concept behind a 4d or 3d negative society where the elite class would determine what is the "right" way.

The real question in building a society or civilization is "authority". In other words, *who* has the authority to tell another what to do.

In our world, the 3d elite always want to be the ones creating the rules and having authority (obviously). Many different political structures that exist today facilitate that authority. If that's not possible, the next most desirable path for the elite would be a democracy. In a democracy, the collective is the one with authority and the collective is easily manipulated by the elite, so the collective does the bidding of the elite.

The least desirable society for an elite is one where free will is maximized, and the only limitation of that free will is when damage or harm is done to another. So authority over another is only possible when damage or harm is done and that authority is used to rectify the situation.