Bring4th

Full Version: Click to give - The Hunger Site (Free way to help charities)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,

Anyone heard of this before? It's this great little website where you click a button that takes you to a page full of ads. That's it- but the great part is, your visit to the website is counted, and the more 'hits' the site gets, the more money gets donated to charity! (limit one click per day) I've got this on my bookmark toolbar and make a point to give it a click each day before I start working- takes about 3 seconds. I encourage you to do the same. Lets feed some hungry people, people!

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive...s?siteId=1
Great Idea,
maybe you could ammend the thread title so as not to give the impression that you must donate something (apart from a few seconds of your time) as this may scare folks away (especially Scottish ones like me!)
Good work, thanks.
Good idea. Done! Do you live in Scotland by the way? I've always wanted to visit, I'll get there some day. I heard there are some amazing old castles you can tour.
I think it's one click per computer per day. I don't know if it's dishonest to click at home,office,cel,etc.
Born in Edinburgh - but live in Germany for over 20 years. The longer we scots are away from home the more scottish we become! Yep, good castles and great golf.
It's probably possible to use multiple accounts, or just delete your cookies.
I've admired the Hunger Site for years. Great way to start the day.

From their common questions page:

Quote:Our agreement with our sponsors allows us to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button ten or a hundred or a thousand times, we will only count one click from you. In the meantime, our system could be slowed down, possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding. Please note that we count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of our ability. We count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.

It seems to me the best way to honor their intentions is to click once per day as an individual, from whichever one of your web-capable computers or phones or tablets is most convenient for you that day. If it works for you, it's simplest for them if this is done when you're not accessing the Internet through a corporate network. This prevents their additional server load needed to interpret proxy requests.

Most importantly, tell other people about the site. This gives them an opportunity to raise their own consciousness as well, at least for a little time each day.
(03-04-2010, 12:37 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Most importantly, tell other people about the site. This gives them an opportunity to raise their own consciousness as well, at least for a little time each day.

Indeed. I sent out a link to the site to my company chat e-mail list, and at least one person jumped on board, even decided to buy something from the sponsor page. Win!
Thanks Questioner. It pays to read the fine print. Smile
The idea is admirable, and I've clicked these past couple days. Though, as they say, teach a man to fish. Couldn't the sponsor dollars go more to providing technology for growing their food? I think that may go further.
(03-03-2010, 03:05 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Hello friends,

Anyone heard of this before? It's this great little website where you click a button that takes you to a page full of ads. That's it- but the great part is, your visit to the website is counted, and the more 'hits' the site gets, the more money gets donated to charity! (limit one click per day) I've got this on my bookmark toolbar and make a point to give it a click each day before I start working- takes about 3 seconds. I encourage you to do the same. Lets feed some hungry people, people!

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive...s?siteId=1
thanks bud! I just clicked. Actually they have some great stuff as well. I just ended up buying that Copper Buddha Figurine as well. Can't have enough Buddhas around the house...:-/

ayadew

Clicking this every day Smile