Bring4th

Full Version: Need a Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else feel like they could use a break from life?

If I went now, I would feel fulfilled, and would celebrate.

Even if I didn't learn all my lessons, I could learn them
in another life. I think I have given myself more catalyst than
I know how to process, and could surely use a break.
Maybe a century between my next life.
I discovered that there are no breaks. Whatever tires us will inevitably have to be accepted as it will be consistently faced.

The things you do not accept will strike you in your memory as you reside disincarnately and you will be called to accept them in order to be at peace. Everything that haunts you here will haunt you discincarnately. There is no escaping what we are and that is all things. Inevitably we will have to accept everything as ourselves.

There is no heaven except a choice to accept reality. There is no escaping reality for even our illusions become real as they define us.
(08-03-2014, 09:15 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have given myself more catalyst than I know how to process, and could surely use a break.

how would you describe some of your major catalyst?
Someone in my life wants to steal meat from the store and sell it at 1/2 price to make money. I am their ride, and have to say no to them.

Have to fly out to another state for my job. Well it's not required, but it's recommended. I don't want to leave my dogs for a week.

I have a dog that's getting old. Maybe sooner or later he'll have to be put to sleep.

Work is slightly frustrating. Having a mental disorder is frustrating.

I keep thinking thoughts of suicide, like I could drown myself in my bathtub. It would be so easy. Then I'd go home is my thinking.

But then I'd have to possibly come back for 2 lives, and I don't want 2 childhoods all over again. I just got to man up.

The poor starving people, especially children, bothers me too. So does abused animals.

(08-04-2014, 03:49 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2014, 09:15 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have given myself more catalyst than I know how to process, and could surely use a break.

how would you describe some of your major catalyst?
thanks Gemini; that sure is a load of catalyst on your plate.

I also think what you said here is relevant:

"I think I have given myself more catalyst than I know how to process, and could surely use a break."

it's not so much the burden of catalyst, and having to work through it that is the issue, but rather knowing how to work through it, and to tackle the issues so that it becomes resolved at some level.

- -

The story usually goes like this:

1) I recognise the catalyst, and actually want to do something about it. This is a responsible step. But ...

2) I don't actually know what to change in my life or in my thinking that will lead to the changes/integration that I am after.

step number 2 is a biggie. I think there are issues of technique related to it. Sort of like if you recognise you have a flat tyre on your car, step number 1 would be to acknowledge the problem, rather than continuing to drive with a flat wheel.

step number 2 means looking at your resources, and seeing if you have a wheel jack and a spare tire, and if you know how to change the flat yourself. If you don't have those resources that's when you ask for help; not just from anybody, but from someone who knows how to fix flat tyres.

step number 2, when it comes to catalyst, is not usually a physical thing, like actually changing a tyre, but is usually more about learning how to adjust or see situations in a different light. That 'processing' of catalyst is a technique(s) which one can learn from others, even though the final end work is always up to oneself - sort of like how it's the individual person which has to digest the food, and no-one else.
GW, perhaps it is of use to build upon your past and previous successes in processing catalyst. What non-minor catalytic situations in your life did you process in the past, and how did you do so? What did you think, what concepts about love did you learn/integrate? What was your step by step thought process?
(08-04-2014, 04:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I keep thinking thoughts of suicide, like I could drown myself in my bathtub. It would be so easy.

i doubt it would be "so easy"

i've read that it's nearly impossible to drown oneself (in the bathtub) bc of survival instincts kicking in the moment one begins drowning
(08-07-2014, 01:47 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014, 04:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I keep thinking thoughts of suicide, like I could drown myself in my bathtub. It would be so easy.

i doubt it would be "so easy"

i've read that it's nearly impossible to drown oneself (in the bathtub) bc of survival instincts kicking in the moment one begins drowning

I wouldn't really try. Just something I needed to get off my chest. I often ask God or my higher self to die. It's usually out of boredom and bad anxiety.

Xise, the biggest catalyst I've had in the past was having to grow up in a group home due to depression and other things. I have since forgiven myself for what I did to get there.

Unbound

How about a kit-kat bar?
(08-07-2014, 04:13 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]How about a kit-kat bar?

I think there's some at work. I'll check tomorrow.

Right now I've been browsing: http://www.atheistmemebase.com
It's somewhat entertaining.