Bring4th

Full Version: The Minor Arcana Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread is dedicated to the study and exploration of the Minor Arcana and court cards. Keep in mind, though, that this study is supplemental to the more focal study of the Major Arcana and the Ra Material as a whole.
(03-12-2013, 07:12 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Cups08.jpg]

How would you interpret the card as if it would apply to Service-to-Self? Also, I'll admit I asked for divine assistance when I electronically drew this card. The numbers associated with the values I have are produced by atmospheric noise so I presume such intervention is possible.

Just from looking at the card:

The moon is eclipsing the sun.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The power of which you speak is a spiritual power. The powers of the mind, as such, do not encompass such works as these. You may, with some fruitfulness, consider the possibilities of moonlight. You are aware that we have described the Matrix of the Spirit as a night. The moonlight, then, offers either a true picture seen in shadow or chimera and falsity. The power of falsity is deep as is the power to discern truth from shadow. The shadow of hidden things is an infinite depth in which is stored the power of the One Infinite Creator.

The adept, then, is working with the power of hidden things illuminated by that which can be false or true. To embrace falsity, to know it, to seek it, and to use it gives a power that is most great. This is the nature of the power of your visitor and may shed some light upon the power of one who seeks in order to serve others as well, for the missteps in the night are oh! so easy.

A cup appears to be missing. Makes me think of the Indiana Jones movie where he has to pick between all the cups to drink of eternal life.

I'm curious...what are you trying to learn about STS?
(03-12-2013, 08:18 PM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The power of which you speak is a spiritual power. The powers of the mind, as such, do not encompass such works as these. You may, with some fruitfulness, consider the possibilities of moonlight. You are aware that we have described the Matrix of the Spirit as a night. The moonlight, then, offers either a true picture seen in shadow or chimera and falsity. The power of falsity is deep as is the power to discern truth from shadow. The shadow of hidden things is an infinite depth in which is stored the power of the One Infinite Creator.

The adept, then, is working with the power of hidden things illuminated by that which can be false or true. To embrace falsity, to know it, to seek it, and to use it gives a power that is most great. This is the nature of the power of your visitor and may shed some light upon the power of one who seeks in order to serve others as well, for the missteps in the night are oh! so easy.

A cup appears to be missing. Makes me think of the Indiana Jones movie where he has to pick between all the cups to drink of eternal life.

I'm curious...what are you trying to learn about STS?
I am trying to understand the end-goal of such a polarity--if it has an end-goal.
Cups, associated with the water element, normally signify the joy and emotional richness of life. The man is walking away from the abundance that is contained within the eight cups, suggesting that he has turned his back on that which most people seem to enjoy, presumably because there is something else his heart longs for. If I had drawn this card and had asked your question, I would take the answer to mean that those on the STS path just wanted to experience something different from what most people seem to enjoy.