Bring4th

Full Version: On Left and Right in the Archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

Moderator Note: This conversation originally began when Adonai One asserted the following about the left and right sides of both the Tarot and the Tree of Life.

Adonai One Wrote:Neither of these pathes are good or evil. They can be used in a multitude of ways.

I always found it confusing the way the symbol of a person is read.

You are referring to left and right, but you are referring to YOUR left and right as an observer looking at the symbol of the person, however, if you were to be the person in the image, what you have called the left is actually the right and what you call the right is actually the left.

The same with the Tree of Life, in that if you look it from outside left is on your left and right on your right, but if you flip your perspective and put yourself inside the tree looking out, it is the other way around. There is a deep riddle here regarding the mirroring of the two paths.

If you observe the caduceus of Hermes it can be seen that left and right hand PATHS are not the same as the Black and White Pillars Jachin and Boaz. The left and right hand paths actually both weave around the central path and criss cross, hitting different centers on each side on the way up. Notice that the left and the right hand path stopbat Daath, which is divine knowledge and only the middle path from there can ascend.

http://kimgraaemunch.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/23/

Oh, also, I would say that the left and right hands are no less heirarchical as they both just use the nature of the natural heirarchy in their own way.
This card gives us a hint towards the orientation:

[Image: 6Z0CcTy.jpg]
(08-03-2013, 04:20 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of these pathes are good or evil. They can be used in a multitude of ways.

I used to say this myself.

But what is evil when you get right down to it?

I think "selfishness, at the expense of others", is pretty much as valid a descriptor of "evil" as is anything. Therefore, I must disagree -- one path is most certainly good, and one is most certainly evil. I think that people have an aversion to saying "good" and "evil" because they think it implies "judgement" to say such things, but what is judgment but a kind of analytical discrimination? Ra used the terms "negative" and "positive", which is really no better than "good" and "evil" when you think about it. Both indicate a binary and opposing nature. One indicates radiation, and one indicates absorption.

Granted, "good" and "evil" are, in general, nebulously defined, but if we look at the metaphysical principles of magnetism as exhibited by consciousness, in relation to the polarities, we cannot help but see the inevitable connection between the traditionally and culturally universal archetype of "evil" qualities which, inevitably, point to some kind of "selfish" nature. The same goes for positive polarity and the concept of "good" which inevitably involves some kind of "selfless" or "giving" nature.

Therefore, the misconception is not that the paths of polarity are beyond the binary scope of good/evil, but rather, the misconception inherent in most cultures, and their respective religious traditions, is that the creator frowns upon the choice of "evil". Both paths are equally valid from the creator's standpoint, and, as we know from the Ra material, even the path of separation ends well at some point in the journey.
Quote:44.15 Questioner: Well, does the left-hand path of this represent the service-to-self path more and the right-hand path the service-to-others?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full query of this working.

This is incorrect. These stations are relationships. Each path has these relationships offered. The intent of the practitioner in working with these powerful concepts determines the polarity of the working. The tools are the tools.

Negative only implies receiving, taking. It does not necessarily imply this taking is an infringement on the freewill of others.
(08-03-2013, 11:48 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:44.15 Questioner: Well, does the left-hand path of this represent the service-to-self path more and the right-hand path the service-to-others?

This is incorrect. These stations are relationships. Each path has these relationships offered. The intent of the practitioner in working with these powerful concepts determines the polarity of the working. The tools are the tools.

Negative only implies receiving, taking. It does not necessarily imply this taking is an infringement on the freewill of others.

You are taking that quote completely out of context, Adonai.

Ra was talking about the tree of life stations, not just the "left-hand service to self" path. The left hand side of the tree of life does not represent one polarity.

While I agree that the word "negative", in the context of the Ra material, involves "taking" or "absorbing" I must assure, you, the
"negative path" most certainly involves infringing on the free will of others at some point.

Quote:11.31 Questioner: I don’t know if this is a short question or not, so we can save it till next time, but my only question is why the crusaders from Orion do this. What is their ultimate objective? This is probably too long to answer.

Ra: I am Ra. This is not too long to answer. To serve the self is to serve all. The service of the self, when seen in this perspective, requires an ever-expanding use of the energies of others for manipulation to the benefit of the self with distortion towards power.

If there are further queries to more fully explicate this subject we shall be with you again.
The Tree of Life stations are identical to the dualities of the archetypes. In fact, both systems are identical in concepts.

If you intend to only interpret the cards strictly out of the right-hand path, along with a good and evil duality, the system is useless to you. I recommend you do indeed try The Tree of Life instead.
The tree of life is certainly one way in which the archetypes may be worked with, yes.
Most negative adepts of this realm follow the right-hand path only because they look up to others and the unknown to acquire power.

In most cases, only ones whom have attained power are the ones that follow the left.

The vast majority of entities follow the right while evolving and providing catalyst through the left.
(08-04-2013, 12:01 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The Tree of Life stations are identical to the dualities of the archetypes. In fact, both systems are identical in concepts.

The Tree of Life stations are not, as far as I understand, identical to the dualities of the archetypes. It actually even said it in the quote you shared a minute ago:

Quote:44.14 Questioner: I was looking at the diagram of the advancement of magical practices starting from Malkuth and ending at Kether. I was wondering if these corresponded to the colors or the densities, with Malkuth as one, Yesod as two, Hod and Netzach being three, Tiphareth four, and so on. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically incorrect although you are upon the correct track of thinking. Each of these stations has a complex number and shading of energy centers as well as some part in various balances; the lower, the middle, the high, and the total balance. Thus there are complex colors or rays and complex charges, if you will, in each station.

44.15 Questioner: Well, does the left-hand path of this represent the service-to-self path more and the right-hand path the service-to-others?

The entire context of the quote does not falsify my statement.

What makes the dualities of the archetypes different from the stations? What do the stations offer that the archetypes do not?
(08-04-2013, 12:23 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The entire context of the quote does not falsify my statement.

What makes the dualities of the archetypes different from the stations? What do the stations offer that the archetypes do not?

When you say "dualities of the archetypes", what do you mean precisely? I would have to know more about, what specifically, you mean by that, before I could adequately answer your question. I feel like there is something that is not being communicated here.
(08-04-2013, 12:29 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2013, 12:23 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The entire context of the quote does not falsify my statement.

When you say "dualities of the archetypes", what do you mean precisely? I would have to know more about, what specifically, you mean by that, before I could adequately answer your question. I feel like there is something that is not being communicated here.

Do the cards not evoke a duality? With the left side of the card displaying one version of the activity and the right displaying another?
(08-04-2013, 12:30 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2013, 12:29 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

Do the cards not evoke a duality? With the left side of the card displaying one version of the activity and the right displaying another?

Thank you for clarifying.

The stations offer nothing that the archetypes do not, because they are those same archetypes expressed in different form. The only part of your statement that was not specifically correct was that the left hand side of the tree of life was service to self. It is not, as far as I understand, and Ra seems to confirm this notion. Whereas the tarot expression of the archetypes shows the duality in each card, the tree of life expression of the two polarizations is much more subtle to discern, as it is the relationships among the stations that determines the polarity, and the intent of the individual of course.
(08-03-2013, 05:29 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]This card gives us a hint towards the orientation:

How so? I'm confused by the way in which you refer to right and left also. As Tanner said the cards are to be understood with a first-person perspective. If you were the image the wand would go in your right hand.

Handy reference: http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/

To answer your question about the spear posted in your other thread, it probably has a relation to Transformation of the Mind. In that card, the arrow refers to protection for those on the sts path. The sharpness and quickness of mind on that path allows separation to retain itself. In relation to the absence of the spear in the other card, Ra states that those who fully pursue the sts path are extremely healthy people, and face an easy existence..surrounded by physical richness (wealth). So they receive a lot of stimulation and pleasure in the physical sense. The sto path has catalyst given to the body and suffers from poor health however, should certain insights not be grasped..signified by the spear. Take for example the various bodily dysfunctions the group experienced during contact.

To me, in the choice card, the left hand balancing represents working with apparent negative catalyst to see unity. This also involves not repressing things, so indulging in certain desires is necessary so that those experiences can be distilled and integrated. The right/positive works with the left/negative. So using the left to achieve balance expresses the very nature of what balancing entails. The fact that it rests on the shoulder emphasizes that use of the body is fundamental in this balancing process, and can also represent a type of burden/load (sacrifice).

Ra refers to this process as courting, which is expressed perfectly in the Significator of the Spirit. In that card, the left hand of the conscious/male/positive mind courts the unconscious/female/negative..grasping what is given (transforming negative catalyst into positive understanding). What's neat is the left of the right, grasps the right of the left. So there's an interchange there..where the two are one and the same. They're surrounded by a circle of flowers representing growth/movement.

"Many use the trunk and roots of mind as if that portion of mind were a badly used, prostituted entity. Then this entity gains from this great storehouse that which is rough, prostituted, and without great virtue. Those who turn to the deep mind, seeing it in the guise of the maiden, go forth to court it. The courtship has nothing of plunder in its semblance and may be protracted, yet the treasure gained by such careful courtship is great. The right-hand and left-hand transformations of the mind may be seen to differ by the attitude of the conscious mind towards its own resources as well as the resources of other-selves."

"Those that are presumed to be negative, or interpreted as negative, may seem in abundance. It is a great challenge to take catalyst and devise the magical, positive experience." So, making use of left hand catalyst to gain understanding or see yourself offers balance.
And suffering is blessed and shall set you free and all that, we all know where that leads.

STS isnt about being healthy and STO isnt about being unhealthy.

STS first mistake is thinking health is a priority and STO first mistake is thinking that martyrdom is a priority.
My sources indicate that at the time these cards were made long ago, the concepts of left-hand and right-hand were non-existent. It seems due to biases of the channelers, which Ra seemingly accomodated (why?), this concept was unneccessarily applied to the hands as opposed to the sides of the cards at times during the work.

So for all intents and purposes, it's more like left-side and right-side rather than applying to the hands themselves.

Yeah, Ra doesn't even bring up such terminology regarding the hands. The channelers did. Heheheh. I think the use of those words distorted everything.

I thank Ra for introducing these concepts as they are; however, they unequivocally failed at actually defining the symbology. In fact, they would have been better off giving a general methodology rather than this haphazard approach that exists today.

There is a key available but finding the lock is still very hard due to this non-sense. It's a travesty that such confusion still lies dormant here further leading any potential practictioner astray.