Bring4th

Full Version: The Power of Emotion & the Hidden Emotional Realm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To give a quick summary, in this thread I speculate on the nature of thoughts as things/symbols, which can be understood as emotion, and how to best make use of our emotions magically.

Over the past year or so I've come to realize that many of our thoughts, which appear to have been sufficiently considered and balanced, have a hidden emotion at its root. In actuality, all thought has at its core a root emotional energy that can be understood symbolically/sacramentally. In Eastern thought we're told that we are not our emotions, and that is very true to an extent. But what I'm saying is that all thought and opinion is rooted in an emotional energy..that we are essentially emotion. This makes sense, because what we seek is beingness, and beingness is something that is felt. No descriptive words can take place of the love you feel for someone, and it is that emotional realm that we are moving into and will create by focusing on love.

Yes, the ability to discern and organize thoughts allow us to arrive at a state of beingness. Coming to understanding by using the intellect is necessary. But once we are there, I believe we are to be focused on purified emotion so that what we create in the moment, becomes a more and more effective teaching in the moment..to be immersed in clarity, the original thought, rather than illusion. When we are lost in separation, we are branching away from an energetic path that was in motion and we distort it. To see unity is to be one with what is attempting to be created, and we dance in harmony with that energy and become a co-creator..that's my interpretation of what the "one original thought" means.

I find that it's easiest to consider this emotion in terms of radiation and absorption, as it was simply put by Ra, or phrased differently, that which is freely given or controlled. Am I radiating light, or absorbing it? Am I creating harmony or disharmony by offering opinion that was not asked for? I've found that the majority of our thoughts, though seemingly innocent and genuine, are rooted in an energy of absorption/control. Why? Because aligning others with our thoughts brings us a type of satisfaction that we desire..Ra phrases this as "desire for possession."

In 30.4 you can see that Ra is essentially linking emotion with bias, distortion, and wisdom, that they are essentially the same thing, and that these qualities of so-called thought can go unseen. You can also see in 76.3 that thought has form. In other words, its structure is either radiant or absorptive, which will be determined by the emotional place it is coming from. Is what I'm offering truly what this person is asking for? Am I being supportive, or destructive? In 52.7, I believe Ra is alluding to this emotional quality of thought, as much of what we offer is coming from a place of control, rather than support. And indeed in 64.4, the key to white magic is disciplined and purified emotion, not thought..the thinking mind. With our heart in the right place, we can then color and build our thoughts accordingly, sending a supportive energy.

All of this may already be common sense, as before a person starts on the path of wisdom, we are very much on a path that comes from the heart. But ultimately I think we can get stuck in the realm of illusory mental energy, thought, logic, what is correct, and it's important to always be focused on the heart, and to be conscious of the emotional quality that our thoughts are colored with, and what we're sending to another symbolically.

To take an example from a recent thread..In the past, when I've heard of someone experiencing ill health or general catalyst, I would immediately think of what might be out of alignment in their consciousness. Since there is no right or wrong, I instead try to sympathize with their state of being and focus on empathy. It's not that these feelings didn't exist before, but I would often jump to a place in my consciousness where I was questioning their being, rather than being open to ways in which I might help, which may or may not include wisdom. I also try to not analyze the thoughts and opinions of others as correct or incorrect, and instead see that I too had those thoughts, and focus on love with the understanding that I am experiencing myself.

These days I am interested in allowing others to own their thoughts, and be in their own comfort zone. I am only interested in harmonious interaction, and I don't feel that it is my duty to illuminate others. To pull the rug out from another's feet, or to attempt to shape another's thoughts on a regular basis is not harmony..it is disharmony. By learning to constantly see myself in the moment, to become conscious of that beauty and feel it, I am focused on love and creating an emotional realm of love, acceptance, and harmony. By purifying my emotional vibration, I create an atmosphere that gives and supports. I am here to support others on our journey together.

Others have the same divine guidance system that I have, and I trust that they are finding what is appropriate for them at this time, and have faith that they will ultimately find what they are looking for. Sing, dance, laugh, feel love..be love! There is no denying that when you are in a great mood and exuding that energy, it is contagious and seems to transform others. Be harmony..create harmony constantly! It's all that's needed!

Quote:64.4 The principle behind any ritual of the white magical nature is to so configure the stimuli which reach down into the trunk of mind that this arrangement causes the generation of disciplined and purified emotion or love which then may be both protection and the key to the gateway to intelligent infinity.

Quote:30.4 In your terms there is a great loss of mind complex due to the fact that much of the activity of a mental nature of which you are aware during the experience of this space/time continuum is as much of a surface illusion as is the chemical body complex.

In other terms nothing whatever of importance is lost; the character or, shall we say, pure distillation of emotions and biases or distortions and wisdoms, if you will, becoming obvious for the first time, shall we say; these pure emotions and wisdoms and bias/distortions being, for the most part, either ignored or underestimated during physical life experience.

Quote:76.3 As the entity which you are allows its being to empathize with another being, so then it may choose to share with the other-self those energies which may be salubrious to the other-self. The mechanism of these energy transfers is the thought or, more precisely, the thought-form for any thought is a form or symbol or thing that is an object seen in time/space reference.

Quote:55.2 We scan this instrument and find its distortion towards appreciation of each entity and each entity’s caring, as you may call it. This atmosphere, shall we say, offers the greatest contrast to the discomfort of such psychic attacks, being the reciprocal, that is, the atmosphere of psychic support.

This each of you do as a subconscious function of true attitudinal, mental, emotional, and spiritual distortions towards this instrument. There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.

Quote:102.11 Each entity must, in order to completely unblock yellow ray, love all which are in relationship to it, with hope only of the other-selves’ joy, peace, and comfort.

Quote:52.7 Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.

Quote:32.14 The portion covered is this: the green-ray activation is always vulnerable to the yellow or orange ray of possession, this being largely yellow ray but often coming into orange ray. Fear of possession, desire for possession, fear of being possessed, desire to be possessed: these are the distortions which will cause the deactivation of green-ray energy transfer.

Quote:42.2 The catalyst of experience works in order for the learn/teachings of this density to occur. However, if there is seen in the being a response, even if it is simply observed, the entity is still using the catalyst for learn/teaching. The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.
Icaro, that was a beautiful post. Though, there are some, who may say, well this is how it works, but for now I am going to focus less on polarity and more on digging deep into this illusion, and just churn life and its beauty out of this illusion. So much of the creativity happens through digging deep into the illusion, through deliberate angst, getting lost in the illusion etc. Basically, in some life paths, there could be a deliberate desire to suspend perfection, and dive through imperfection to see what life comes up with. Afterall, what else is creation, other than life? Experience.

This creation is always perfect. Our infinite beingness has experienced its perfection many times, but every once in a while, we like to delve into imperfections. Basically, we all will reach the infinite creator, the eighth density, and we have done it before, infinite number of times. So, some may say, hey lets take our sweet time in these lower levels of creation. These so called lower levels provide the suspense, the mystery. Polarity, absolute love, infinite love can all wait. A part of our infinite beingness is in perfection at all times anyways. A part of us is already with the infinite creator, like it has always been. Its all one singular moment afterall. I would like to think that our beingness has experienced this journey from 3rd density onwards towards the eighth many, many times. I don't want to obsess over it. Evolution happens naturally anyways. I want to experience life as it is, without worrying about the illusions, higher densities, meeting the infinite creator and so on. I am the infinite creator at any given moment anyways. Quite imperfect in the current illusion, but then its the imperfection, the illusion of separation that brings the beauty, creativity, passion, humor out of life. There are some spiritual paths, where the destination is not as important, because that destination is with us all the times. The twists and turns, the beauty, creativity and the experience themselves are akin to experiencing the infinite creator. Though, this is all well understood. That is why our paths upto eighth take such a long time in terms of current human years.

Just rhetorical statements. Not disagreeing at all. Your post is very good for someone focused on evolution of the spirit, reaching towards the infinite creator.

(08-11-2014, 10:32 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Others have the same divine guidance system that I have, and I trust that they are finding what is appropriate for them at this time, and have faith that they will ultimately find what they are looking for. Sing, dance, laugh, feel love..be love! There is no denying that when you are in a great mood and exuding that energy, it is contagious and seems to transform others. Be harmony..create harmony constantly! It's all that's needed!

I love this part of your post. Though, mind you now that I am not working, and have all this free time, focusing on harmony, perfection gets boring pretty fast. However, incorporating them comprehensively, so that they are always in the background of your beingness does wonders.

(08-11-2014, 10:32 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]To take an example from a recent thread..In the past, when I've heard of someone experiencing ill health or general catalyst, I would immediately think of what might be out of alignment in their consciousness. Since there is no right or wrong, I instead try to sympathize with their state of being and focus on empathy.

After discovering Ra material, I had these kinda phases. Seeing everything in terms of energy, what could be wrong with my chakras, someone else's chakras. But it did not last long. Life is not fun this way. For me atleast, it is important to experience, understand and enjoy life, alongwith spiritual seeking.

Afterall, there are spices that are stronger than many yellow ray distortions. Yellow chakra discernment must really suck for many Indians and Latinos. Actually, some of the Indian spices will mess up Red, yellow and Orange chakras more than spiritual distortions will. Heartburn and loose motions can go hand in hand, which makes you sad, so now Green chakra is down too. You don't feel like talking to anyone, so there goes the Blue chakra. No point in opening the third chakra at these times, cause with your third eye open, you are just gonna b**** at creation itself for not stopping you from eating that spicy food with some well placed synchronicity.
I hear what you are saying, except maybe the part about spices Tongue We tend to make this journey more complex than it is. By worrying about making things right, we totally push aside a quality of being that is always available. And to go along with your second point, harmony can be tiring. After a day of bliss, it can start to feel forced, and you get tired.

Much of our conversations with others inevitably focuses on establishing what is right, over what is wrong, rather than just listening or experiencing. I've found that offering specific opinion or even just general guidance can cause a lot of confusion. We tend to think that because something worked for us or makes a lot of sense for us, to share opinion at any time must be useful for others. But we are always on a different journey, and we can never truly know what is most appropriate to give, so why continuously attempt to correct an energy by repeatedly attempting to put something in someone's hand that isn't open? It's wasted energy.

Inevitably our opinions come out here and there throughout the day, but the only person that knows what's best for another is that person. If there is something that they are seeking, they will ask you.
Memory's are linked by emotions. Think of a memory and simply remember it and let the mind wander to other memories. If you are perceptive you can see what emotion is linking these various memories.
Interesting..I will try it.
(08-11-2014, 10:32 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Over the past year or so I've come to realize that many of our thoughts, which appear to have been sufficiently considered and balanced, have a hidden emotion at its root. In actuality, all thought has at its core a root emotional energy that can be understood symbolically/sacramentally. In Eastern thought we're told that we are not our emotions, and that is very true to an extent. But what I'm saying is that all thought and opinion is rooted in an emotional energy..that we are essentially emotion.

Emotions are also rooted in symbols or 'images'.

I've also found (for balancing purposes) that you can find a root image around which a particular type of emotion clusters around.

For eg, when I was exploring abandonment issues, I found that the deepest level I could go back to was when I was 3 years old, and my sister had just arrived in this world. I had the strong image of myself standing in the living room, quite a distance from my mother as she was breastfeeding my newly-arrived sister.

My mother was not rejecting me in favor of my sister, and yet, emotionally, that was how my child's mind responded to the experience. There was nothing of intent to the experience (perhaps my mother could have reassured me? I really don't know), but it was my own narrative and emotional constructing around the event which crystallized the sense of 'abandonment'.

I believe that all other experiences (or even perceived experiences) of abandonment clustered around this first real 'experience' of abandonment (or perceived abandonment).

This was like the seed moment, around which all other experiences of the same emotional vibration clustered around.

- -

I think it's also possible to explore other emotions (including more positive ones) using the same approach to experience and memory. Once you have gotten to the core, you can address the core, but if you only deal with the outer layers of the emotional onion, the deep sense of final resolution and integration won't be arrived at.

Emotions take you to deep and core places. And its usually buried in the past, in forgotten moments.
You make a great point, and goes along with what Rake was saying. We are essentially moving images which is really fascinating. I believe we can learn a lot from what the exterior is teaching us symbolically. Dreams can be particularly good at revealing symbol.

To clear up any misunderstanding, by emotion, I believe everything we do can be understood in terms of radiance/freedom or absorption/control. Grander and more complex emotions certainly influence our actions. In general though, when we think we're offering something positive, we can still be working with particular catalyst that we seek to control. So by emotion, I suppose I'm referring to our will and desire..the root motivator behind our actions..that which calls us or moves us..feeling and desire in that context.
Remember symbols are also individualized portions/aspects of consciousness also.

Couldn't think of the right word there but I hope you get the gist.

(08-12-2014, 10:38 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting..I will try it.

It's a technique from a Seth book. Something I'v noticed is I actually can't differentiated between a memory of a dream and a memory in many instances.
I understand what you mean. Funny you should mention that about dreams. On a regular basis, in my dreams I'm starting to encounter memories not from waking life, but instances where what I'm experiencing is familiar. I also had an experience recently where in my dream someone was trying to tell me it was Friday, yet this waking mind knew it was supposed to be Tuesday and I was like, it's not Friday (?). It was if the two realities were communicating with each other..not the same as lucid dreaming.
(08-13-2014, 09:41 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you mean. Funny you should mention that about dreams. On a regular basis, in my dreams I'm starting to encounter memories not from waking life, but instances where what I'm experiencing is familiar. I also had an experience recently where in my dream someone was trying to tell me it was Friday, yet this waking mind knew it was supposed to be Tuesday and I was like, it's not Friday (?). It was if the two realities were communicating with each other..not the same as lucid dreaming.

Ha damn... like I had a dream but it feels more like a memory where my housemate had made an arm for an outside bench. This hasn't happened as of yet but I'm frequently dreaming about everyday activities and the outcomes are different or different things happen to what actually has or had happened.

I think it's like viewing one of the other probabilities that arouse from a situation. Everything that is probable is actualized and perhaps It's like peeking into that probable reality.

One thing I find a problem when discussing such things as when we go to sleep. We say that anything that happens is specifically then a dream. When there are plenty of various unconscious activities being undertaken. If your 'dream' above was in fact you perceiving a probable reality other to this one. Would you still attribute symbols to the contents of the dream?
Your experiences are bizarre, but I'm not surprised! As far as answering your question, there does seem to be an interface. Ra had a decent amount to say about dreaming.

I've also noticed that the overall tone of your dreams is a good indicator of your state of consciousness in waking life. So if one had a day where a decent amount of negative energy was present, stressful or negative situations will manifest in your dreams. At least for me that's the case.
(08-11-2014, 10:32 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Over the past year or so I've come to realize that many of our thoughts, which appear to have been sufficiently considered and balanced, have a hidden emotion at its root. In actuality, all thought has at its core a root emotional energy that can be understood symbolically/sacramentally. In Eastern thought we're told that we are not our emotions, and that is very true to an extent. But what I'm saying is that all thought and opinion is rooted in an emotional energy..that we are essentially emotion. This makes sense, because what we seek is beingness, and beingness is something that is felt. No descriptive words can take place of the love you feel for someone, and it is that emotional realm that we are moving into and will create by focusing on love.

Really interesting post Icaro.

Are you saying, then, that emotions, at their purest and deepest level, synonymous with the primal distortions? That the second primal distortion of love and the third distortion of light could be considered emotions?

Quote:30.4 In your terms there is a great loss of mind complex due to the fact that much of the activity of a mental nature of which you are aware during the experience of this space/time continuum is as much of a surface illusion as is the chemical body complex.

In other terms nothing whatever of importance is lost; the character or, shall we say, pure distillation of emotions and biases or distortions and wisdoms, if you will, becoming obvious for the first time, shall we say; these pure emotions and wisdoms and bias/distortions being, for the most part, either ignored or underestimated during physical life experience.

I hadn't really highlighted "pure emotions" in this one before. Makes for fascinating consideration.
It is pretty fascinating..the pure emotion part combined with some other thoughts got me thinking one day. I certainly feel that we greatly, and I do mean greatly, underestimate our thoughts and the emotional context behind them. I tried to clarify exactly what I mean by emotion in post #7, as I think all our thoughts can be reduced down to being motivated by two types of energy, which I'm referring to as an emotion..the one being freely given love (joy, acceptance), and the other is control. So these two energies can be thought of as having motivation/will/desire, which I equate with feeling, hence the emotional characteristic. Desiring to give or desiring to take.

As far as your question, that's quite a large one to tackle..something to consider! I've tried, and it quickly becomes a long essay. These concepts as they relate to our experience here and now, I find to be interesting.
Thank you for this thread, it has ''arrived'' in perfect timing. Gratitude your way, Icaro. Smile
I'm glad you found it useful Smile
..edit..
Icaro, this last post was very nice too. Gave my intuition food to work with. I wanted to say more, but that is the thing with intuitive thoughts that sometimes it is hard to put them in words.
Thank you..if you feel inspired to share some thought in the future go for it.

Speaking of inspiration, I should mention that I don't intend to paint absorption in a bad light. Here in this octave, the contrast of the negative polarity was not expected, and I forget the words used to find the quote, but it was seen as unfortunate I believe? That aside, Ra describes the female/negative concept as offering inspiration (87.27), and also represents the intuition (26.38).

A useful quote.. "38.4 The mechanism of inspiration involves an extraordinary faculty of desire or will to know or to receive in a certain area accompanied by the ability to open to and trust in what you may call intuition."

The above is one of the more beautiful aspects of the choice. It takes great faith and courage to release control and open up to love, trusting in a new sense of perception, willing to be moved.

Also, I'm a bit confused. In session 13, Ra refers to Love as something that came before the second distortion of Love as described in session 15.