Bring4th

Full Version: Mental Bodies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are the mental bodies referred to in this quote?

Ra Wrote:In the realm of the mental bodies there are variations of mental energy transferred. This is, again, dependent upon the knowledge sought and the knowledge offered. The most common mental energy transfer is that of the teacher and the pupil. The amount of energy is dependent upon the quality of this offering upon the part of the teacher as regards the purity of the desire to serve and the quality of information offered and, upon the part of the student, the purity of the desire to learn and the quality of the mind vibratory complex which receives knowledge.
Nice post.

Not entirely sure why this image comes to mind. Smile

[Image: braincell-universe.jpg]
I think it might be talking about the mind complex.

full passage here: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=73#22
(08-19-2014, 09:18 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what are the mental bodies referred to in this quote?

Ra Wrote:In the realm of the mental bodies there are variations of mental energy transferred. This is, again, dependent upon the knowledge sought and the knowledge offered. The most common mental energy transfer is that of the teacher and the pupil. The amount of energy is dependent upon the quality of this offering upon the part of the teacher as regards the purity of the desire to serve and the quality of information offered and, upon the part of the student, the purity of the desire to learn and the quality of the mind vibratory complex which receives knowledge.

In my opinion, they are discussing blue ray energies. Blue ray is the realm of "mental transfers".

The devachanic body is the "mental body".
I can get on board with that anagogy Smile

on a related note, how do you interpret the bolded bit below?

Ra Wrote:The light body or blue-ray body may be called the devachanic body. There are many other names for this body especially in your so-called Indian Sutras or writings, for there are those among these peoples which have explored these regions and understand the various types of devachanic bodies.

what do they mean by 'various types of devachanic bodies'? Does it mean there are disincarnate beings who just exist solely in one of these blue-ray bodies? (inner plane entities in other words).

the particular phrasing has always thrown me for a loop, and I could do with another interpretation.
Hello Smile

(08-19-2014, 09:18 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what are the mental bodies referred to in this quote?
(...)

I've search thoroughly The Law of One and this is the only one place when Ra used term "mental bodies". AS I think of it, RA possess unimaginable understanding/comprehension of "nature of reality" in comparison to Us - yet, He/They is/are trying to express it in Ours, three-dimensional-categories, in an attempt to Teach/Learn".
Therefore Ra's words are immensely "dense" with "information/Knowledge" - I translate it as multi-interpretation characteristic of Ra's Words.

I've looked deeper into larger portion of quote You used in your post, Dear Plenum.
I've colored "corresponding" "symbols complexes" - by that I mean "lines of couple Words/Labels" - but it was necessary in my opinion to underline more of symbolic properties of Our words/labels than actually informative one.

Quote:73.22 ▶ Questioner: Could you define this statement “energy transfer between two mind/body/spirit complexes?”

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full query of this working.
(...)
In the realm of the mental bodies there are variations of mental energy transferred. This is, again, dependent upon the knowledge sought and the knowledge offered. The most common mental energy transfer is that of the teacher and the pupil. The amount of energy is dependent upon the quality of this offering upon the part of the teacher as regards the purity of the desire to serve and the quality of information offered and, upon the part of the student, the purity of the desire to learn and the quality of the mind vibratory complex which receives knowledge.

Another form of mental energy transfer is that of the listener and the speaker. When the speaker is experiencing mental/emotional complex distortions towards anguish, sorrow, or other mental pain, from what we have said before, you may perhaps garner knowledge of the variations possible in this transfer.

The spiritual energy transfers are at the heart of all energy transfers as a knowledge of self and other-self as Creator is paramount, and this is spiritual work. The varieties of spiritual energy transfer include those things of which we have spoken this day as we spoke upon the subject of the adept.

Are there any brief queries before we leave this working?

Therefore I understand it as "realm of the mental bodies" in which Our Consciousness "plays" many different roles - I guess in some sense it may be compared to an Archetype - a "complex role of Consciousness" with its "honors and duties" - as for example "student" and "teacher" or "speaker" and "listener". In both cases the "body" is obtained by proper "mind/mental configuration" (phrase often used by both Ra and Mr. Don).

This is how I understand expression "mental bodies".

(08-19-2014, 10:43 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I can get on board with that anagogy Smile

So am I. For "mental transfer" in Our reality to occur, it is Imperative to communicate/vocalize, in order not only to be understood, but fulfilled with such mental act as well.

(08-19-2014, 10:43 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]on a related note, how do you interpret the bolded bit below?

Ra Wrote:The light body or blue-ray body may be called the devachanic body. There are many other names for this body especially in your so-called Indian Sutras or writings, for there are those among these peoples which have explored these regions and understand the various types of devachanic bodies.

what do they mean by 'various types of devachanic bodies'? Does it mean there are disincarnate beings who just exist solely in one of these blue-ray bodies? (inner plane entities in other words).

the particular phrasing has always thrown me for a loop, and I could do with another interpretation.

I'm not familiar with "devachanic bodies" division/labeling, but I've Google it and I've found this quote:

Quote:Before his first death a man consists of four bodies, but when he dies for the first time he takes the first memory-picture with him. Thus on reincarnating for the first time he has not only his four bodies but also this product of his former life. This is the “causal” body. So now he has five bodies: physical, etheric, astral, ego and causal. Once this causal body has made its appearance, it remains, though it was first constituted from the products of previous lives. Now we can understand the difference between individuals. Some of them have lived through many lives and so have added many pages to their Book of Life. They have developed to a high level and possess a rich causal body. Others have been through only a few lives; hence they have gathered fewer fruits and have a less developed causal body.
Source: http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GateSpi...25p01.html

Based on this quote I understand that "casual body" consists of "body of each life/incarnation" of an Entity. - and therefore may be seen as "many bodies". Terms "high level" and "less developed" may be translated as "amount of casual bodies" - as "Layers" of this one "casual body".

I would like to emphasis that this is my "first interpretation" - I did not look into it too deep, as this area of knowledge is not aligned with my current Seekings.

Best i have in me for You, Dear Plenum

Unbound

I think it is referring to the complete aspect of Mind in all its forms. I think "bodies" isn't to say that each person has multiple mental bodies, but rather is a reference to a plural of people.

Realm of Mental Bodies = All levels of Minds interacting, communicating, vibrating, etc

(08-19-2014, 10:43 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I can get on board with that anagogy Smile

Quote: (17.37) In the devachanic planes, as you call them, are those whose vibrations are even more close to the primal distortions of love/light.

Quote: (17.36) Questioner: I’ve heard that there are seven astral and seven devachanic primary levels. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You speak of some of the more large distinctions in levels in your inner planes. That is correct.

Quote:The light body or blue-ray body may be called the devachanic body. There are many other names for this body especially in your so-called Indian Sutras or writings, for there are those among these peoples which have explored these regions and understand the various types of devachanic bodies. There are many, many types of bodies in each density, much like your own.

The very last line I believe answers your question. The "many, many types of bodies" is like the way we have lots of humans, but humans don't all have the same types of bodies. Also, I am sure this includes "non-human" bodies as well.

I actually don't believe that "mental body" is referring to any particular ray body as I believe the Mind, Body and Spirit work through all 7 ray bodies and so when they are mentioning "mental bodies" they are referring to multiple minds each with its own body/bodies/complex.

That is an excellent question, Plenum.

It's not entirely clear in that passage to what, precisely, Ra was referring to, but I will offer my interpretation.

There is the space/time version of the devachanic body which is the physical version of the 5th density body. And that particular body would be the red-ray subdensity of 5th density, or, in other words, that portion of blue ray which overlaps with red ray (a physical body).

In the section of the Ra material that you quoted above, where Ra discusses the "bodies", it is my opinion they were discussing the red ray subdensities of every one of those aforementioned bodies.

Having said that, there is a also a pure blue ray body, which is the subtle mental/devachanic body. And that body is the blue ray subdensity of blue ray. That is the predominantly non physical version of that body.

If you were to imagine a spectrum of vibrations, ranging from red to violet, the lower you were to go down in vibration the more physical and tangible things are, and as you progress up that vibrational scale towards the higher wavelength colors, the more intangible and nonphysical the expression becomes.

So you could imagine a mobius strip, in a sense, where one side (the red ray side) represents predominately matter. The other side of that mobius strip represents predominantly mind. A gradual flip between outer and inner occurs as you go up that spectrum of vibrations. That is why I like the mobius strip analogy.

So with each density there is a "pure subdensity" that is in conformation with its true color density. For example, the orange ray subdensity of 2nd density is lower astral material. The yellow subdensity of 3rd density is middle astral material. And so on, etc.

These are the subtle bodies.

To go back to your question, the subtle version of the "devachanic" or "mental" body is like a mental container for all relevant thoughtforms to its respective vibrational threshold. So you could say the subtle mental body contains all "probable mental forms". And that includes thoughtform bodies which express its level of vibration.

The main thing to understand is that the intangible is the container for all the specific or tangible devachanic forms.
I decided to upload a simple image depicting how the subdensities relate to the physical and subphysical or subtle/nonphysical bodies. Hopefully this makes my explanation more simple to understand. Then again, it could just make it even more confusing. I welcome any questions, comments, or other observations.

[Image: subdensities2.png]

Significance of the "native colors": The native subdensities to a given density are its "natural expression", and also where the consciousness of that density naturally gravitates to, given no expression of will. So for example, a 3rd density being would naturally gravitate to the intelligence associated with the middle astral plane, and a 2nd density being would naturally gravitate towards the stream of thought, or intelligence, that comprises the lower astral plane.
[Image: cSIfZgN.jpg]

so these would comprise the inner planes?

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=i...e&l=30&o=r
(08-21-2014, 09:36 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ][Image: cSIfZgN.jpg]

so these would comprise the inner planes?

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=i...e&l=30&o=r

That is correct from my perspective, Plenum.

Every vibration above "red ray" becomes progressively less and less physical, and more nonphysical, or intangible. Mind and matter are essentially the same thing, however, as you go upwards in vibration, its "wave-nature" becomes more predominant and it starts to look or behave more like mind than matter.

So even though "pure orange" and "pure yellow" are not properly "physical" as we know it to be, they still lean predominantly in the direction of space/time as opposed to time/space. Thus, the "astral planes" still comprise, to a large degree, tangible form. So if you go traveling about the so called "astral planes", you experience some semblance of tangible form, and as you travel upwards into the higher astral you begin to get somewhat vibrationally closer to "pure time/space". It becomes more of a mental/conceptual experience. In fact, the closer you get to pure time/space, the more warped ones experience of time becomes. It becomes less linear. You can confirm this observation by talking with seasoned astral projectors. The higher up in the astral you go, the bigger the disconnect in subjective time passage. For example, a couple hours in the higher astral could translate to something akin to 10 minutes in the red ray physical world. This same phenomenon extends to dreaming, which is just unconscious astral travel with varying degrees of distance from the physical plane. To residents of the higher spiritual planes, the astral worlds are almost physical to their sense of reckoning.

I also wanted to mention that 3rd density inner planes are *NOT* separated from 2nd density inner planes or 4th density inner planes. This is also true for the physical plane (which is why you can still see and interact with 1st and 2nd density physical forms -- they are on the same vibrational plane, even though they are patternized after different consciousness structures). So any being may inhabit any plane, and it experiences that plane based on the limitations inherent in its structure of consciousness (its density level). So for example, a 3rd density being exploring the "buddhic plane" is experiencing the native energies of violet ray, which is properly the foundational ray of the 7th density, however, its experience of said ray is limited by its "yellow ray lens". That is to say, it can only consciously experience that portion of 7th density, or violet ray, which overlaps with yellow ray consciousness distortions.

Your true color density encompasses the vibrational possibilities of thought you may mentate. The gateways to other vibrational frameworks of reality are through the subdensities which resonate with that given plane. So for us, the gateway to "green ray" true color is through the green ray subdensity of yellow ray. That is the part of our density which overlaps with green ray.
I think they could comprise physical existence as well; just as people operating with an open heart.
(08-22-2014, 02:41 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I think they could comprise physical existence as well; just as people operating with an open heart.

Not sure if you were commenting in regards to my post, or if it was just a general comment in regard to Plenum's question, but unless I'm misunderstanding you, I would have to agree. We can, and do, experience multiple rays at the same time. You can be in a 3rd density red ray construct, and simultaneously operating from a green ray subdensity perspective. The subdensities are experiential nexi which can be nonlinearly realized in any given moment.
those are some good thoughts anagogy; and well expressed.

(08-22-2014, 12:53 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Your true color density encompasses the vibrational possibilities of thought you may mentate. The gateways to other vibrational frameworks of reality are through the subdensities which resonate with that given plane. So for us, the gateway to "green ray" true color is through the green ray subdensity of yellow ray. That is the part of our density which overlaps with green ray.

on this matter, what do you think about this particular quote:

Ra Wrote:As we have noted, each of the true-color densities has the seven energy centers and each entity contains all this in potentiation. The activation, while in yellow ray, of violet-ray intelligent infinity is a passport to the next octave of experience.

There are adepts who have penetrated many, many of the energy centers and several of the true colors.

This must be done with utmost care while in the physical body for as we noted when speaking of the dangers of linking red/orange/yellow circuitry with true-color blue circuitry the potential for disarrangement of the mind/body/spirit complex is great.

However, the entity who penetrates intelligent infinity is basically capable of walking the universe with unfettered tread.

now aside from the actual incident in question - which is not exactly clear who they are referring to - Crowley perhaps? - the linking with blue-ray circuitry (or the mental body/devachanic body to link back to the OP) presents possible dangers.

do you think this possibly relates with initiation processes, and being exposed to thoughts/thoughtforms that are too overwhelming to be able to be integrated into the current worldview - ie some sort of psychic break ie schizophrenia.

- -

on a related note, I have been reading a chapter in Jane Robert's Nature of Personal Reality, and Seth has some interesting things to say about LSD, and the trauma that is initiated by this forced opening of what sounds like blue-ray structures. The much heralded 'ego-death' that comes from the use of some of these substances is portrayed in a much different light when the actual biochemical mechanics are elucidated by this entity. Basically Seth says that we underestimate the functions and the extent of the Conscious Mind, and it's ability to utilise that which is presently Unconscious. The whole attitude of denigrating the Conscious leads to the situation where there is a desire to snuff it out, and hence the appeal of various psycho-active substances. In fact, that whole book is like an operating manual for consciousness and thoughts. Her most famous work (Seth Speaks) offers a great overview and reshaping of spiritual philosophy and concepts, but the Nature of Personal Reality is like the how-to guide, or operating manual for consciousness. Nothing is not amenable to the conscious reshaping of our interpretation of experience.
(08-22-2014, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]those are some good thoughts anagogy; and well expressed.

(08-22-2014, 12:53 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Your true color density encompasses the vibrational possibilities of thought you may mentate. The gateways to other vibrational frameworks of reality are through the subdensities which resonate with that given plane. So for us, the gateway to "green ray" true color is through the green ray subdensity of yellow ray. That is the part of our density which overlaps with green ray.

on this matter, what do you think about this particular quote:

Ra Wrote:As we have noted, each of the true-color densities has the seven energy centers and each entity contains all this in potentiation. The activation, while in yellow ray, of violet-ray intelligent infinity is a passport to the next octave of experience.

There are adepts who have penetrated many, many of the energy centers and several of the true colors.

This must be done with utmost care while in the physical body for as we noted when speaking of the dangers of linking red/orange/yellow circuitry with true-color blue circuitry the potential for disarrangement of the mind/body/spirit complex is great.

However, the entity who penetrates intelligent infinity is basically capable of walking the universe with unfettered tread.

now aside from the actual incident in question - which is not exactly clear who they are referring to - Crowley perhaps? - the linking with blue-ray circuitry (or the mental body/devachanic body to link back to the OP) presents possible dangers.

do you think this possibly relates with initiation processes, and being exposed to thoughts/thoughtforms that are too overwhelming to be able to be integrated into the current worldview - ie some sort of psychic break ie schizophrenia.

I think that you are absolutely right about this Plenum. And your supposition that that was in reference to Crowley is a good one as well. Especially considering that they discussed his imbalance stemming from an "overstimulation with the true nature of things", as that is precisely the effect of blue ray energies. You experience, as closely as a reality predicated on subjectivity can, objectivity (which is just universal subjectivity). You begin to see things as they really are, beyond your individuated egoic distortions. For one not prepared for this objectivity, the potential for "disarrangement", as Ra calls it, is indeed most great. Especially, without first seating the green ray center. Seeing one's red/orange/yellow distortions through "truths" eyes without universal compassion can be...harsh, to put it mildly.

It could conceivably cause a schizophrenic type situation if the only way the deeper personality saw able to maintain cohesion of its identity was a complete break from the apparent reality.

(08-22-2014, 11:32 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]on a related note, I have been reading a chapter in Jane Robert's Nature of Personal Reality, and Seth has some interesting things to say about LSD, and the trauma that is initiated by this forced opening of what sounds like blue-ray structures. The much heralded 'ego-death' that comes from the use of some of these substances is portrayed in a much different light when the actual biochemical mechanics are elucidated by this entity. Basically Seth says that we underestimate the functions and the extent of the Conscious Mind, and it's ability to utilise that which is presently Unconscious. The whole attitude of denigrating the Conscious leads to the situation where there is a desire to snuff it out, and hence the appeal of various psycho-active substances. In fact, that whole book is like an operating manual for consciousness and thoughts. Her most famous work (Seth Speaks) offers a great overview and reshaping of spiritual philosophy and concepts, but the Nature of Personal Reality is like the how-to guide, or operating manual for consciousness. Nothing is not amenable to the conscious reshaping of our interpretation of experience.

I'm quite fond of the Seth books. Seth really has a knack for taking complex metaphysical concepts and bringing them into practical speech without all the occult mystical fatuity.

Perfecting the mechanics of deliberate creation of one's reality is one of the key focuses of my present incarnation. This is why I find reality, and the discussion of the layers of subtle bodies so utterly fascinating. Seeing the chain of causation which leads to consciousness coalescing thought into congealed beliefs and then externalizing them through psychological projection into experienced reality is incredibly fascinating to me.
I wouldn't have thought seeing the true nature of things would drive one crazy. Seeing through your blue ray I guess is how things truly are. I wonder if we saw the truth behind all the bad stuff going on, if that would drive us mad. Or if we could handle the bliss that occurs when you penetrate the veil. I've been trying to penetrate the veil, but I am sensitive. So don't know if I could hack it seeing the real reality.

(08-19-2014, 09:36 AM)Star Shine Wrote: [ -> ]Nice post.

Not entirely sure why this image comes to mind. Smile

[Image: braincell-universe.jpg]

I wonder if we're in the brain cell of a child in a higher order? Are we a cell in God's brain? Or do we just mimic a brain cell?
(08-23-2014, 01:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't have thought seeing the true nature of things would drive one crazy. Seeing through your blue ray I guess is how things truly are. I wonder if we saw the truth behind all the bad stuff going on, if that would drive us mad. Or if we could handle the bliss that occurs when you penetrate the veil. I've been trying to penetrate the veil, but I am sensitive. So don't know if I could hack it seeing the real reality.

Seeing the true nature of things only drives you crazy if you aren't ready for it.

When you see your red/orange/yellow distortions without the subjective "nostalgia filter", sometimes it can be difficult to accept oneself. Green ray provides the cushioning acceptance for the powerful spotlight that blue ray provides.
(08-24-2014, 05:36 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014, 01:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't have thought seeing the true nature of things would drive one crazy. Seeing through your blue ray I guess is how things truly are. I wonder if we saw the truth behind all the bad stuff going on, if that would drive us mad. Or if we could handle the bliss that occurs when you penetrate the veil. I've been trying to penetrate the veil, but I am sensitive. So don't know if I could hack it seeing the real reality.

Seeing the true nature of things only drives you crazy if you aren't ready for it.

When you see your red/orange/yellow distortions without the subjective "nostalgia filter", sometimes it can be difficult to accept oneself. Green ray provides the cushioning acceptance for the powerful spotlight that blue ray provides.

Sort of like this from the Neverending Story?