Bring4th

Full Version: what sort of relaxation techniques do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
meditation, would be a go-to.

but warm bath? walk in nature?

- -

I've recently started picturing myself in a snowy landscape. Somehow the 'snow' is very soothing. Drains away any latent anxiety.
Deep breathing. Sound healing. True listening.
deep breathing huh?

I guess that is different from heavy breathing? Smile

- -

(08-19-2014, 11:22 AM)Star Shine Wrote: [ -> ]Deep breathing. Sound healing. True listening.

what do you mean by sound healing?
I'm very found of walking through the woods. I meditate but I would say more often that not I'm just sitting quietly. I'v started to learn Qi Gong and I want to practice different techniques regarding meditation properly, my issue is I work half 4 till 9 so most the time I fall asleep at the moment. (Which is also relaxing Wink)

Unbound

I do breathwork in various forms, I also do sound healing, but biggest thing for me is actually playing music.
I am only unrelaxed when I forget the universe is only a leisurely game. I haven't forgotten that it is a game in a long time.

When you know it's a game, it's hard to act against anything including yourself. If you focus on victory of the game only, you're forgetting a game can be dismantled at any time.
My relaxation technique?

Every morning at 5:45AM: 20 minutes of meditation, 3 simple yoga asanas, and 5 minutes of breathing exercises.

Rest of the day: I eat. So, whenever I am stressed and need to relax, I will be at the nearest coffee-shop, having a cup of tea and perhaps a snack too. Tongue
Meditation, awareness of all around me at any time ( as much as i possibly can/remember ) , becoming the things i observe, Epsom salt baths, Nipple tweaking.
Visualizing the love of a thousand angels around me.
Roy masters downward energy meditation... all you do is focus on looking out the middle of your forehead and bring your attention/awareness to your right hand (perhaps one finger at a time for x seconds if you'd like) do this for however long you'd like and the more you do it, the more polarized you will become and you will feel more energy and chi in your body and hand.. advance method is to send from head to hand to feet

http://drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/meditation.htm
A. Deep Breathing Meditation. A meditation where I basically relax, breath deeply, and my body almost goes into passive regeneration mode. Great for lack of sleep as well. Also the method I use for trance-type meditations where imagery/foreign memories flash before my eyes.

B. Focused Energy Meditation. A meditation where I cycle the energy through my body, via attention, intention, and willpower. This one actually seems the least effective of the four, as it feels like a brute force method that has the shortest duration of relief.

C. Thought-Belief Energy Feedback Work (for example, recently discovered the main cause for the discomfort in my lower rear sacral chakra was a belief about life in the future being painful for the self) - though this often takes more time to discover and employ. I find this very effective and usually permanently removes stress-causing distortions. But it took me probably about 20 hours of contemplation/meditation over a period of 6 months to figure out this rear sacral chakra (admittedly only took two weeks after I decided to make it a priority to solve).

D. Presence of Attractive Women. Obviously not something I can always do, but I've noticed that when I'm stressed/working with a distortion and then I see/talk to an attractive lady, the tension just flows out of my body, especially when I am in gratitude to the universe for the experience.

All four result in visceral tension knots of energy all over my body being snapped. Then the energy starts flowing.
I found it hard to visualize the 1000 angels, so I focus on one.
I open myself to get relaxed, but it's like I must keep mentally focusing on it or it doesn't work.

It would be nice if I could put my relaxation on auto-pilot.
I use solfeggio harmonic frequencies. Here is a playlist of it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...A5A9E0BF07

really puts the brain into theta and it works Smile
I think listening to metal music is fairly decent for relaxing because it can help remove and express tensions.
Coming to this forum, and viewing threads. Some drama, but mostly all the patience and love that so many of you show (though it becomes boring after a while. Too much love and goodness. I can see why creator desired imperfection).

Also, a really good technique is imagining yourself as a ridiculous, loser sort of personality, and making internal jokes on your own self. That can be fairly amusing, and often triggers me out of sadness.

Music - there is so much good meditation music on youtube. Both me and my dog love it. He sleeps next to my mousepad, when I play some relaxing hours long tunes.
I am using this metod i found in a book Wisdom of the Mystic Masters
there is also Counterbalance of Positive Conditions explained which can be found on net,more detailed instruction are in the book

this is 1 of many exercises

Counterbalance of Negative Conditions

Find a place where you will not be disturbed for 10 minutes.
Sit comfortably, Sit in a straight back chair and take 3 deep breaths to relax.
Separate your feet and keep them squarely on the floor.
Sit erect, and allow your hands to loosely rest on your lap or knees without touching each other.
The index and middle finger and thumb on each and must be held touching each other in a sort of triangle.
When you are finally relaxed, take a deep breath and hold it for a count of 7 and release it slow and easily.
Then breathe in and out easily and slowly for about 5 or 6 breaths until you are once again relaxed.
Repeat this, taking another deep breath and holding it for a count of 7 and releasing it slowly.
Then rest and repeat this until you have done it for 7 times, after which change your position and put the whole procedure out of your mind.

when doing it i sense some vibrating energy while exhaleing from top to bottom of my body,after it i feel lighter ,fulfilled and overall much more receptive to others their issues and some kind of peacefulness embraces me.

i found out that doing this exercise after a meal makes me uncomfortable.

ps. sound Ra (pronounced rah) intoned properly can be of use in psychic development as well as other mantrams explained in more detail in book itself
Self reiki.

Hemi-sync CD induced altered meditative state.

Emotional Freedom Technique (accupressure) tapping on the meridians with an appropriate affirmation.
(08-19-2014, 10:49 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]meditation, would be a go-to.

- -

I've recently started picturing myself in a snowy landscape. Somehow the 'snow' is very soothing. Drains away any latent anxiety.

This may be strange, but sometimes I take something cold (in the refrigerator), such as a water bottle, and hold it against my closed eyelids. I then just observe the coolness as the sensation gradually moves into my eyes. For some reason, I find this extremely soothing.
(08-26-2014, 07:30 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2014, 10:49 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]meditation, would be a go-to.

- -

This may be strange, but sometimes I take something cold (in the refrigerator), such as a water bottle, and hold it against my closed eyelids. I then just observe the coolness as the sensation gradually moves into my eyes. For some reason, I find this extremely soothing.

That brought old memories back. BigSmile Being raised in a very hot country, ice was one of the cheapest route to relaxation.
I personally find looking at the clouds, picking one and then visualising breathing it in, pause, then breathing it back out to where it exists. Visualising this while my eyes are open seems energising and de-stressing.

When I am not outside or its dark I imaging my intake of breath to be the creator, and breath out my feelings of tension.

The cloud one rocks for me!