Bring4th

Full Version: Negativity and Polarity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can win by always intending to be honest. I believe you can't lose with that mentality. If you can't help something, you can't help it: Just go forward and try your best anyways. Don't beat yourself up over what you cannot be reasonably responsible for.

(09-16-2014, 09:04 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Why would someone choose karmic debt?
Lack of acceptance of the self, believing the self has to reach some potential; Rejection of the present moment.
(09-16-2014, 01:09 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care about being perfect. I just need a rest.

I'm totally with you on this sentiment. I need a rest too. I know I contribute where it counts, but I'm having a really difficult time with the day-to-day.

I feel stuck like some animal in a trap. It all has to do with me getting older and not being that many years away from retirement. I feel fearful when my financial stability is put in jeopardy because of poor management decision, immature management, etc. I'm bored and too much of my time is taken up by useless work. I was self employed for so long, but I haven't been able to get back to that since the economic downturn. I feel vulnerable working for other people. I really feel like I'm living in a strange land and I can't make sense of the mindset that most people I work with operate under. No one can really be trusted and that reality sucks. It's making me angry and I find myself thinking that it doesn't matter what I do. I'm working in a seemingly, and on the surface, pleasant environment, but it feels stressful because the reality is that it is a hostile environment. I don't know how to handle this because most of the time my mind is preoccupied with looking for an escape route, but I can't find one right now. I don't think I'm going to make it.
There was a lot of talk about karma in this thread. Don't almost all of us do something at some point in our lives that karmically tie us to this planet? I mean, a lot of us have done some really shitty stuff as teenagers. I keenly remember bullying some "nerds" when I was in high school. And the only reason I did that is because I was bullied for being a nerd in elementary school. Ever since reading the LOO material I think about those instances and it brings me shame. It brings me shame in the sense that I constantly think about that when thinking about my past deeds. Don't all of us do something really shitty to others at some point in our lives? Or is that just a normal process of incarnating here?
I don't think any of us are as bad as Genghis Khan, though we're not perfect. I think if we forgive ourselves we'll end up fine.
As a child I bullied someone for a while until I realized how stupid it was. I didn't have any particular reason, I thought it was fun at the time. I "bullied" some other guy a bit younger but we were friends along the way, I was just a really annoying kind of friend. I would spin his lunch box every single freaking day and hit it on a wall and his yougourt would always explode and go into his sandwich. When thinking back about it I was wondering what his mother thought of it or if he cleaned it up himself and she never knew. As a child I was hyperactive and hard to keep under control, that was overcome with laziness.

I was reflecting on my past a few weeks ago but I usually never think of my youth. I don't think I had any karma related to it because I simply at some point thought of myself as stupid. I think it was a normal part of the process, childhood is very unconscious in itself so the purpose might simply be a retrospective of it.

I still have a tendency to annoy others but well my friends do remain my friends and still do call me (I never or almost never call people). I am what you would call a troll.

With what you said about the quality of threads, digging up old thread might be a good idea to bring back different focus than what is currently present in the new threads.
(06-02-2015, 03:07 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think any of us are as bad as Genghis Khan, though we're not perfect. I think if we forgive ourselves we'll end up fine.

Yet we all have been Genghis Khan.
(06-02-2015, 03:09 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]As a child I bullied someone for a while until I realized how stupid it was. I didn't have any particular reason, I thought it was fun at the time. I "bullied" some other guy a bit younger but we were friends along the way, I was just a really annoying kind of friend. I would spin his lunch box every single freaking day and hit it on a wall and his yougourt would always explode and go into his sandwich. When thinking back about it I was wondering what his mother thought of it or if he cleaned it up himself and she never knew. As a child I was hyperactive and hard to keep under control, that was overcome with laziness.

I was reflecting on my past a few weeks ago but I usually never think of my youth. I don't think I had any karma related to it because I simply at some point thought of myself as stupid. I think it was a normal part of the process, childhood is very unconscious in itself so the purpose might simply be a retrospective of it.

I still have a tendency to annoy others but well my friends do remain my friends and still do call me (I never or almost never call people). I am what you would call a troll.

With what you said about the quality of threads, digging up old thread might be a good idea to bring back different focus than what is currently present in the new threads.

I think that is true, and I do often have that perspective on it. I think to myself, "Oh, I was just a stupid kid." And that usually helps to make it better. So I think that we do have to realize that it sometimes is part of the growing process. The path to maturity.
Pages: 1 2