Bring4th

Full Version: My Experience of Homecoming 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this could easily be tacked onto the main thread, but I have a feeling that this might be kind of a MASSIVE POST, and I don't want to totallly overwhelm that other thread with my own experiences. Everyone, of course, experiences events in a unique way, and I by no means wish to make my own thoughts definitive.

first up, there are a handful of members currently active on the forums who have experienced the magic of Homecoming. If I can be so bold as to name names, and not embarass anyone, these members would be Ankh, Aaron, Parsons, xise, GLB, Austin, JustLikeYou, and Tanner. I'm sure these members can vouch for the transformative nature of attending this event, even just the once.

on the Sunday evening (just as an aside), I also got to meet Brittany (formerly of username Lynn, and before that, akhtu). We exchanged a warm hug, but unfortunately, I was pretty well zonked out at the point due to the weekend's experiences, that I didn't stick around too much for the activities afterwards. Although we did all have some group banter in the living room, as others trickled back from the Village Anchor where we had our meal for that evening.

- -

how can I describe Homecoming? I've enjoyed my experiences on the forums, and also in the chatroom. It is a way to connect with like-minded people, and communicate. And yet, I think we must all realise, that the digital space is a poor representation for the full spectrum of who an individual is. It is not that the physical is more representative per se, but rather the full voice of one's incarnational nexus comes through in one's face, one's voice, one's physical presence and demeanor. More 'energy' is present than just words on a screen. We all know this of course, and don't mistake digital friendships for substitutes of physically-impressed ones, but the contrast is brought into sharper delineation when you finally meet the individuals behind the username.

I got to experience this contrast with JustLikeYou. He, of course, presents a certain way in the forums, and I've excchanged pm's with him over the years, and yet, the full individual is more complete than any sort of mental abstraction I might have formed of him through this digital space.

and I'll definitely offer the same sort of impression of GLB and Austin. The idea of who you think these two individuals are through their interactions on the forums is only a slight sliver of their incarnated personalities. And one could generalise from the incarnated self, and see that the Higher Self, as a 'full represenation' of a developed personality is only begrudgingly represented by any individual incarnated life. We only ever see small windows into the full magnificence of who we are.

- -

but back to Homecoming. The events takes place over 2 and a bit days. The full days are Saturday and Sunday, and a schedule is provided from the hours of 9am to 9pm, so it's a pretty full day! There is, however, the grace of interspersed breaks, and also the benefit of a 3 hour lunch period, in which to recharge, feed, converse and chat, or go for a walk in the local area. The experiences are intense, but it's not totally overloading.

the actual event kicks off on the Friday afternoon, at 5pm. After an initial greeting by Carla - who interacted with the group via webcam and a wireless headset - she is still dealing with some physical difficulties and is not mobile - there is the opening feeding with a homecooked meal. This was delicious! I contributed my own part with baking some pecan and choc-chip cookies the day beforehand (hand made, Australian made cookies, American recipe!), but the bulk of the cooking was handled by one outstanding individual. I applaud her for her efforts!

the main dish was a choice between bison lasagne or a vege variant of the same dish. I went the latter option, but the choice of bison as the meat was quite intriguing Smile

after we all fed our faces, one of my favourite sessions opened up. Homecoming is all conducted with the individuals sitting out in a large lawn, under the canopy of a large tent, witht the individuals seated in a circle. Jim presented us with something new this year, as the circle had at it's centre a rock and flower mandala. I didn't take a snapshot of it, but I'm sure someone can reference it later on. A circle of 3d life around an inttertwining of 1d and 2d life.

anyway, the session I refer to is the Welcoming Round-Robin, where, proceeding clockwise, everyone gets a chance to tell their story about who they are, how they found the Ra Material, and whatever other thoughts they think might be relevant. Austin kicked off the show and set a good tone for everyone else in sharing his own story. I was sort of 6th or 7th down the line (out of 22 attendees), and I talked a bit about my own awakening in Malaysia at the age of 18, and subsequently discovering Ra about 10 years later, when I was most likely fully ready for it.

everyone's stories were highly memorable, and some were quite emotionally charged. Some were more acquainted with the Ra Material, and others less so, but that didn't matter. Everyone shared a deep slice of themselves, and it was truly appreciated by all present that this kind of open-ness could be established so early on. I guess the smaller numbers of attendees this year (22, as opposed to the usual over-30 for most years), aided in sense of a communal trust. Anyway, this opening Round-Robin lasted for just under 2 hours I think, and it (along with the closing Round-Robin) were the highlights of the weekend for me. It was so genuine, so real, and so palpable. Truly a group space in which to be fully oneself, without judgement or fear of exclusion. Love was in the air!

- -

but back to my own experience. I left my house (apartment actually) on Wednesday morning, the weekend before the event. I got to the airport around 9-ish, and checked in ok. I was about to commence a 13 hour trip from Sydney to Los Angeles (LAX Airport), and from there to Atlanta, before connecting to a final flight to my desired location, that of Louisville Kentuckky. This would be my first international trip in about 10 years (my last visit was to Paris, for about two weeks, such a long time ago!).

my first two flights had some difficult moments. I was experiencing some abdominal pressure, which I later found out was caused by overfull bladder. I don't know why I wasn't urinating freely - I did visit the inflight toilets two or three times, but I wasn't passing much water. I was probably feeling a bit tense in being in a new environment. But aside from that, the flights themselves were pleasant (ie. not obnoxious). I got to meet some interesting folks on my way there. For eg, there was one exceptionally curious little girl - I think she might have been 4 years old? not sure exactly - who was travelling with her mother in the seats directly in front of me on the LA flight. She had this big wide-eyed stare, and just looked at strangers with a big smile on her face. One could not help but return the grin, and she just forged connections with anyone who came her way. She even took to wandering around the plane when her mother was slightly less than attentive (I can imagine it might be quite exhausting paying attention to such an active child) and was just in a state of constant wonder. What a child!

customs at LAX met the expectations of being brutal and unfriendly. Some guy was a couple of steps over the marked-out line on the tiled-floor, and one of the Customs guys just shouted at him - "what are you doing there?! Don't you see the line?!' - and basically it set an unpleasant atmosphere for everyone else queuing up to be processed. US Citizens could bypass this step with the e-passport option with the machine, but still had to be cleared out once they had collected their baggage.

I didn't have the biggest window in terms of making the connection to the Atlanta flight, and so I got through this international clearance stage, and then moved to another part of the airport to get cleared through for a domestic flight. Here was the much reputed '3d body scanner'. In my ignorance, I thought this was just another regular old metal detector, like the one's they have at Sydney Airport, and just walked straight through the machine. When I got to the other side, the Customs guy looked less than amused, and pointed me back into the machine, and gestured to the markings, where there were some yellow footprints in the middle of the scanner. I had to go back, face left, put my hands in the air like a crim, and hold the pose for a few seconds, as they got a good scan of my 'junk'. I hope they enjoyed the pics lol. I have to wonder at my obliviousness sometimes when interfacing with certain protocols like this particular scanner.

I got on the Atlanta flight, and enjoyed a good chat with a young woman who was from the UK, but had spent the previous 3 weeks in various parts of the USA. I think she mentioned one week in San Diego, and a couple of other weeks elsewhere, but I can't recall where. She had also been in the US previous, and spent about 5 months I think in the Boston area. Quite the traveller.

When I finally got to Atlanta Airport, my bladder finally said - enough! - and I had the longest piss in my entire life. I am guessing 2 minutes, full stream. I have to feel for the toilet bowl the was receiving this bounty of plenty, but hey, the feeling of relief will go down as one of the highlights of my life. All that abdominal pressure eased ina few instants. Actually, I think this was the highlight of my trip. A big piss.

- -

then came the final connection to Louisville, and that was a plesant trip. I was seated next to a local right in the back of the plane, and aside from the sheer engine noise, I got to have a good conversation before take-off, and after landing. Convo was a bit more difficult during flight, but we managed to make that work somehow. He was out-of-town for a week for work, and was just flying back home just now. Sort of a mining related industry. On the opposite side of the jet, squeezed right up the back like us, was a mother with an infant. That kid was a bundle of joy too! Despite the unpleasant conditions, that baby girl was looking over and grinning at these two strangers as well.

that flight was great, and the local friendliness was highlighted by the fact that when we landed (a short one hour flight from Atlanta to Louisville), everyone helped each other with the overhead luggage, asking - 'is this your bag? is that yours?' - rather than the mad scramble of previous flights when the plane landed. My first taste of Southern Hospitality and Friendliness!. (actually, even waiting at the airport terminal for that final flight, I could sense from the other passengers that there was a greater degree of openness and friendliness. A lot more spontaneous conversation, and people making their way home to Louisville).

- -

- -

when I finally arrived at Louisville Airport, and made my way out to the general concourse, I was there to be met by Mr Austin. I had finally ariived!

- -

I had a room in the bottom floor of the L/L House. There are 3 rooms down there, ones that were built by GLB, David Wilcock, and a few other spiritual aspirants. I had the room to myself for a couple of days, but when Seph (JustLikeYou) arrived, I was going to be rooming with him.

When Friday arrived, people started turning up after noon, for the beginning of the Homecoming at 5pm. A few people didn't make it that day, and turned up for Saturday. There were quite a few couples. and the crowd was generally older than it is on the forums. A few stalwarts didn't make it this year, but I'm sure we're be seeing Ankh, Aaron, and Eddie next year. It was a great group, although with a few people, it took me a litle while to warm up to them. I guess you could describe them as being more 'artistic' and 'free flowing', 'performers', and that side of me is less developed, so i found less overlap initially. But by the time we had the hug-fest to close the event around 7pm on Sunday, it was all good. Any barriers that I had set up had been dismantled, and the hugs were free and welcome.

One of the highlights was an impromput Laughing Yoga session which took place during the lunch break on Sunday. This was unscheduled, and was hosted by John. Anyone could attend if they wanted to. I ended up going for a walk with Seph before that, and decided to skip the session, although I think he ended up participating. When I came back a little while later, I was feeling the infectious laughter from the group of 10 people (I've always been able to tune into the emotions of a group), and laughing my arse off in sympathetic laughter. I don't even need to know what the joke is. It just comes spontaneously to me when there is an authentic outburst of mirth. I can't help but grin myself.

I sat a little ways away from the Laughing Group, and talked to a few others who were also sitting out, but I enjoyed the spontaneous outbursts of laughter both from myself and the Laughing Group. John did a great job leading that session!

- -

We ate out at Selena's on the saturday night. I think that was the best meal on my whole trip. I had something called the 'BCM', which is a vegetarian pasta dish, and it was gob-smacking delicious. I had a side of sweet potato fries with it, and it was just a great combo. I topped it off with dessert (and I was the only one that ordered, I think I kept the group back a few minutes as I chowed that down), and it was the Chocolate Lava Cake. omg! that was a mountain of sweet and sugar, and oh so delightful. I demolished that monstrosity (it was HUGE), in a matter of moments.

The next night we ate out at the Village Anchor, and that was also a great pasta dish. Mine came with fried sliced eggplant on top (in batter, and with a layer of melted cheese), and that went down well too. I loaded up on carbs that night with a side of Corn Pudding as well as some regular fries with chilli sauce. I was pretty full come time to leave that place.

all in all, the food was pretty good the entire trip. I have a pretty regular diet regime back home (not strict, but it's consistent) and I don't mind expanding my vegetarian palette when the opportunity arises. I enjoyed things all round.

- -

Pupak gave a video presentation from Scotland via skype. Carla also read poetry and sang along with Austin's guitar accompaniment from her room. Jim had the final scheduled presentation before the closing Round-Robin, and Carla's official closing of the weekend. I didn't give a presentation myself, as no inspiration came to me in the weeks leading up to the final setting in stone of the Weekend Schedule. Both GLB and Austin presented.

- -

I think the Homecoming Experience can best be summed up as a powerful group experience. Going beyond the boundaries of the self. I think we get to experience something similiar when we are with close friends, or people that we 'vibe' to quite naturally. But as the numbers increase (in this case, to 22), something akin to the Law of Squares kicks in. It's not just you and your partner, or you eating out with another couple, this is going beyong 3, 4, or 5 aligned individuals. When you have 22 people all in the same physical space, all paying earnest attention to something being offered in the form of a presentation or performance ... then a lot of Will is focussed. This was especially evident in the Round-Robins and the Group Meditations (of 10 minutes). There was a group intent which expanded beyond the self, and enveloped the Group. It was quite palpable, energy wise, and I'm not the most sensitive to these kinds of phenomena. But I felt it nonetheless.

I also got to hang out with the forum member Defkab ('Charles') on the Monday after the event, and that was pretty awesome too. He invited me into his home and I got to meet his fellow housemates. There were a bunch of dogs and plenty of gerbils (well contained) in that space too. A very vibrant environment. We played a couple of tabletop boardgames, and that's not something I get the opporuntity to do very often either. Thanks Charles!

I've already written elsewhere about my Flight Home, and even though it might have seemed testing, it really was a breeze. Who knows, maybe like Jade said, I was filled witht the buoyancy and the light from the event, and that just carried me over any perceived obstacles. The last flight, especially, from LAX to Sydney was a breeze.

- -

I thoroughly enjoyed my week. I left on a Wednesday morning, and got back on a Thursday morning. A full week. And then some. How long is a week? sometimes, in work terms, not much changes from one particular Monday to the next. It feels like a routine. Did we learn much? or experience something new? did we make deep level changes? for some weeks, the answer is probably no, we just survived. But for other weeks, like this one, I can say that a lot happened. It was 7 days (or 8 rather), but a mountain of lived experience. And it was really great, it really was. A year ago, if I had come to Homecoming, I probably would not have enjoyed it as much, as I was still working on some lower chakra issues. I am still fine tuning some yellow ray issues, but I really was ready and open to the experiences I just had. Very good timing! even if I do say so myself Mr Plenum!

anyway, this is one LONG POST. But a testament to my time away.

People have talked about the wonder and the magic of Homecoming plenty of times. But until you have the experience, it's like talking about an orange flavor without ever having tasted one. It's something unique Smile

namaste and blessings folks. I'm already planning next year's visit to Homecoming lol.

Plenum
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend for a few years at least due to financial commitments.
Crowdsource your trip. I bet you'll raise enough money from forum members.
Thank you for sharing, plenum! I love being able to live vicariously through homecoming stories (and pictures... still waiting to see some pics from this year! That flower/crystal mandala sounds rad.) I came pretty close to committing to attend this year, but maybe next year will be the year. What I do know for sure is that someday I'd really like to go. BigSmile

Laughing yoga sounds like it might be right up my alley....

Also, smiling at babies and other little ones is one of my favorittte things to do.
(09-07-2014, 11:16 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]When I finally got to Atlanta Airport, my bladder finally said - enough! - and I had the longest piss in my entire life. I am guessing 2 minutes, full stream. I have to feel for the toilet bowl the was receiving this bounty of plenty, but hey, the feeling of relief will go down as one of the highlights of my life. All that abdominal pressure eased ina few instants. Actually, I think this was the highlight of my trip. A big piss.
HAHAHA

Unbound

Hope to get out there again next year, sounds like it was a good time.
(09-07-2014, 11:16 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of who you think these two individuals are through their interactions on the forums is only a slight sliver of their incarnated personalities.

I think I can safely speak for Austin as well when I say "ditto" on this statement as it applies to meeting you in person vs. interacting with you through the written word only.

There's something so profoundly more about being with someone personally versus interacting over the digital lines at a distance. The moment I first realized you were in the meditation gazebo I let out a big exclamation because it was just surreal to see the *actual* person before me, like a character come alive out of a book.

I hope we have more path-crossings on the surface of this planetary sphere, G.

Smile Gary

PS: No one can ever again say that I have written a long reflection on Homecoming.
(09-10-2014, 05:06 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]PS: No one can ever again say that I have written a long reflection on Homecoming.

lol. It was more like the documentation of a long, eventful journey.

- -

(09-07-2014, 02:01 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Hope to get out there again next year, sounds like it was a good time.

it will be great to finally meet in person Tanner.

- -

(09-07-2014, 12:25 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I came pretty close to committing to attend this year, but maybe next year will be the year. What I do know for sure is that someday I'd really like to go. BigSmile

bring your hubby too Smile Lots of couples attended this year, with one of the partners being knee-deep in the LOO, the other sort of being there in support, having travelled a different path, but still open-minded. The partners that didn't have that overwhelming familiarity with the Ra material still enjoyed the experience (as far as I could tell) as the presentations tend to be fairly general, with the exception of one or two that are thoroughly ingrained in the text. It's more about sharing a common vibration, rather than the fine-aspects of terminology. A shared space, if you will.

but I think you did mention that your partner was having some physical catalyst, and so the journey out to Kentucky might be out of the question. But another 12 months is a long time in which to change and heal Angel
Actually he's pretty much healed his physical catalyst with yoga!!! (/chakra meditations/maybe I helped some Wink)

And yes, bringing my husband would not have been an option this year but maybe next year... maybe that is what I'm waiting for because I do prefer most experiences with his company. I brought up my desire to attend this year as money would not have been an issue as it had been last year. At first he was extremely wary but after a very short time he realized that he trusts my judgement that A) Homecoming is not a cult activity and B) that I would only attempt to do things that would better our lives, not worsen them. I still decided not to attend because I could smell still the slightest sliver of hesitation on his part, so I just tucked it in my back pocket. He's not read the Law of One (yet!) but he knows what it is, and understands most concepts I present to him and is willing to try whole-heartedly just about anything. I think he's being held back a bit as he's been in a sort of forced social isolation for about 8 years now. He's wary of people. In truth, he's more wary about how he might react to other people. Maybe by next year he'll be more open to socializing with others in a group gathering like Homecoming. I think he'd definitely "get it" and probably even get more benefit than I would.
Plenum:

long time no see~~

i'm so~~~excited when i read your fabulous union with all the friends who have the same

interest---LOo/spiritual journey~!

to unite/gather together with the friends in this forum is just like a dream to me---

stepping out of China,my mother land,and meeting all the friends\family

members,enjoying\sharing experiences\asking questions are fascinating~!

i was really so touched by your sharing of this meaningful experience

like you said:
'A year ago, if I had come to Homecoming, I probably would not have enjoyed it as much, as

I was still working on some lower chakra issues.'

everyone has his own difficulties/chanllenges to overcome.your experience really inspire me a lot,if i get improved,then i might meet you guys sooner~!

i'm this kind of people who always want to get improved,if i keep working hard,for instance,on my english learning,my dreams will be fulfilled one by one~~haha~~

thank you so much Plenum~~!

stepping out of China and travelling to another country,especially meeting you guys are just like dancing on a bigger stage,really hope this day's coming as soon as possible,maybe won't be next year...

btw:i tried to find the photos of your Homecoming this year,however i didn't make it,are there any photos?

Betty
(09-18-2014, 08:52 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]Plenum:

long time no see~~

hello hello!

(09-18-2014, 08:52 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]like you said:
'A year ago, if I had come to Homecoming, I probably would not have enjoyed it as much, as

I was still working on some lower chakra issues.'

yeah, my yellow ray (socialing, relationships) still gives me problems, but I have a much better handle on it these days.

I came from a family that didn't talk much, and although they supported me in the physical sense, the emotional side of things was never explored or talked about. Learning to acknowledge (ie not suppress) the feelings, and to understand what they are pointing to has the task for a few years now.

- -

(09-18-2014, 08:52 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]i'm this kind of people who always want to get improved,if i keep working hard,for instance,on my english learning,my dreams will be fulfilled one by one~~haha~~

best wishes on that! I know that you have some dreams that you want to turn into reality one day Smile

(09-18-2014, 08:52 AM)a network team from China Wrote: [ -> ]By the way:i tried to find the photos of your Homecoming this year,however i didn't make it,are there any photos?

a guy called 'Ken' took most of the photos this year. I think they are still being collected, and will be put into an album soon.

I'll post a link as soon as I become aware of where it's located ...

love and light,
Garry
(09-18-2014, 11:40 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]a guy called 'Ken' took most of the photos this year. I think they are still being collected, and will be put into an album soon.

The guy called "Ken" sent a guy called "GLB" his pictures, but GLB is still working on getting his own handful off his phone before completing the album. : )

Will let you know, P.
I came from a family that didn't talk much, and although they supported me in the physical sense, the emotional side of things was never explored or talked about. Learning to acknowledge (ie not suppress) the feelings, and to understand what they are pointing to has the task for a few years now.

---------------

i can imagine a little bit about the difficulties,kind of,your said between your parents

and you,maybe in your career too,actually,yesterday i kind of imagined them about

you...maybe my situation's a little different,my parents seldom push me a lot,though they

don't understand what i am doing\thinking\wanting to do,they are kind people,they just

think that if i can take care of myself,then their responsibilities are done.right now,i

don't go to work,i spend almost all my time learning english and participating in social

activities/helping some disabled children,because i don't think my yellow ray center's

balanced enough,i try my best to try to find and reduce my pride and prejudice when i meet

lots of different people who have different backgrounds,from my point of view,the pride

and prejudice will have to be worked with until the last munite of this life(it's the same

to the work/balance towards the basic three Chakras)

best wishes on that! I know that you have some dreams that you want to turn into reality one day Smile

----------------

thank you so~~~~much Plenum~~

it's just everybody's nature---the inspiration of being upward/making progress,spending

lots of time working on the basic three Chakras's not satisfied.(though the work on the

basic three Chakras should not be overlook
ed)that's the reason why we call the fourth Chakra as the 'springboard'to the higher

Chakras,it's every human being's nature to work on the higher Chakras,just like Ra

said:working on the higher Chakras are more satisfied(not the original words),most people

love to giving others a hand and love to be teachers,these are the examples;another

example's that,when we are in the elevator,if someone's in the back of the elevator,he/she

asks others to press the botton of one storey,lots of people are willing to press/help

him/her.i mean working on higher Chakras,including the fourth Chakra,are like everybody's

nature/desire,and we love to dance on a bigger stage too,like stepping out of our mother

land,and work together with the friends\family members through out the world~!that's

fabulous~!

---------------
love and light,
Garry

haha~~Garry?

haha~~you guys are so~~~~cute~~waiting for your cute cute photos~~

i appreciate so much about your hard work and what you have done to help us~~Heart

(09-18-2014, 05:31 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2014, 11:40 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]a guy called 'Ken' took most of the photos this year. I think they are still being collected, and will be put into an album soon.

The guy called "Ken" sent a guy called "GLB" his pictures, but GLB is still working on getting his own handful off his phone before completing the album. : )

Will let you know, P.