Bring4th

Full Version: The Law of Responsibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra used this phrasing explicitly in 4 places:

regards the care of the inner self:

Quote:101.8 ↥ Questioner: Thank you. Could Ra give information on any way that we could give information to Greta Woodrew as to how to alleviate her present condition of swelling?

Ra: I am Ra. We may only suggest that the honor of propinquity to light carries with it the Law of Responsibility.

The duty to refrain from contumely, discord, and all things which, when unresolved within, make way for workings lies before the instrument of which you speak. This entity may, if it is desired by the scribe, share our comments upon the working of the latter entity.

- -

regards making use of the opportunities offered to make a Choice - and actually practice that Choice explicitly through interactions (the whole point of this 3rd density):

Quote:By the end of the second cycle, the Law of Responsibility had begun to be effectuated by the increasing ability of entities to grasp those lessons which there are to be learned in this density. Thus, entities had discovered many ways to indicate a bellicose nature, not only as tribes or what you call nations but in personal relationships, each with the other, the concept of barter having given way in many cases to the concept of money; also, the concept of ownership having won ascendancy over the concept of non-ownership on an individual or group basis.

Each entity then was offered many more subtle ways of demonstrating either service towards others or service to self with the distortion of the manipulation of others. As each lesson was understood, those lessons of sharing, of giving, of receiving in free gratitude— each lesson could be rejected in practice.

Without demonstrating the fruits of such learn/teaching the life span became greatly reduced, for the ways of honor/duty were not being accepted.

- -

regards the use of training aids, and how they may cause difficulties because of the confluence of influences not being able to be untangled:

Quote:At this space/time we may best serve you, we believe, by stating that the pyramid for meditation along with other rounded and arched or pointed circular shapes is of help to you. However, it is our observation that due to the complexity of influences upon the unmanifested being at this space/time nexus among your planetary peoples it is best that the progress of the mind/body/spirit complex take place without, as you call them, training aids because when using a training aid an entity then takes upon itself the Law of Responsibility for the quickened or increased rate of learn/teaching.

If this greater understanding, if we may use this misnomer, is not put into practice in the moment by moment experience of the entity, then the usefulness of the training aid becomes negative.

- -

regards General Patton, who had a clear vision of green ray universal love, and yet could not bring himself to forgive his 'enemies'.

Quote:The one of whom you speak, known as George, was one in whom the programming of previous incarnations had created a pattern or inertia which was irresistible in its incarnation in your time/space. This entity was of a strong yellow-ray activation with frequent green-ray openings and occasional blue-ray openings. However, it did not find itself able to break the mold of previous traumatic experiences of a bellicose nature.

This entity polarized somewhat towards the positive in its incarnation due to its singleness of belief in truth and beauty. This entity was quite sensitive. It felt a great honor/duty to the preservation of that which was felt by the entity to be true, beautiful, and in need of defense. This entity perceived itself as a gallant figure. It polarized somewhat towards the negative in its lack of understanding the green ray it carried with it, rejecting the forgiveness principle which is implicit in universal love.

The sum total of this incarnation vibrationally was a slight increase in positive polarity but a decrease in harvestability due to the rejection of the Law or Way of Responsibility; that is, seeing universal love, yet still it fought on.

- -

there are also many other places where 'responsibility' is referenced, and I am sure they are applicable too.

but how do you understand the Law of Responsibility? is it akin to karmic law, or the law of cause and effect? or is it deeper metaphysically?
Quote:16.42 ↥ Questioner: Can you tell me a little more about this honor/responsibility concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Each responsibility is an honor; each honor, a responsibility.

Every honor, every desire of every being is a responsibility for the one infinite creator, all of us to fulfill. To negate the self's or another's honor/desire is to infringe on The Law of Responsibility, the respective responsibility of such desired honors.

The Law of Responsibility is a direct distortion of The Law of Free will, which is the law that says oneness compels respect for the free will of all things.
(09-10-2014, 05:27 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:16.42 ↥ Questioner: Can you tell me a little more about this honor/responsibility concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Each responsibility is an honor; each honor, a responsibility.

Every honor, every desire of every being is a responsibility for the one infinite creator, all of us to fulfill. To negate the self's or another's honor/desire is to infringe on The Law of Responsibility, the respective responsibility of such desired honors.

The Law of Responsibility is a direct distortion of The Law of Free will, which is the law that says oneness compels respect for the free will of all things.

honor is definitely a word that has gone out of fashion, much like the medieval era.

obviously each word that we use corresponds to a different vibrational 'concept', and so if the word is out-of-use, then perhaps the concept, too, is no longer as consciously emphasised in our culture.

how many of your friends or acquaintances would you (speaking in general here, not 'you' in particular Adonai) describe as being 'honorable'? or is such a question even laughable in today's social climate?
Honor - a privilege.

"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"

synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; compliment, favor, distinction
antonyms: shame

The synonyms of this word are not highly important to the society I know either. Pretty much nobody respects this concept anymore, Plenum, and I find it to be a sign of a lack of orientation towards service. People hardly care about the pleasure, joy, privilege of themselves or others except in the strictest political context and not in daily life.
Eckhart Tolle mentioned "virtue" when he talked about the Tao, and said it is not used much today.
1913 Webster for the dictionary, by the way.
What would happen if you were unable to live up to this Law of Responsibility?
(09-11-2014, 04:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Eckhart Tolle mentioned "virtue" when he talked about the Tao, and said it is not used much today.
Virtue is synonymous with honor. However, virtue is further removed from the human subject. It just means "goodness." It never answers what virtue is good for. Ayn Rand claimed virtues were what was pleasing to the rational mind of the self. Others claim more esoteric notions.

In any case, virtue is a distant yet similar concept to honor. It just has a morally dogmatic slant that claims certain things are virtues and others are not. Honor is far more flexible as a concept, with its use varying from culture to culture almost as much as virtue but not towards morality but what is desired directly and internally.

(09-11-2014, 04:15 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]What would happen if you were unable to live up to this Law of Responsibility?
On this planet? Applying it to yourself and gradually towards others?

Great amounts of service. I imagine for the discipline practitioner inevitable leadership, fostering and care of others to the greatest competence and efficacy, not in a direction towards growing societal power but general care for the well-being of all people involved. (e.g. everyone fed and enabled towards their own growth)

If one were to apply The Law of Responsibility so far as to consider the human race themselves, it would lead to a service that could very well inevitably unite the planet into being very harmonious.

Edit: Oh I thought you said "able." Unable? We have what we have right now. Nobody fully caring for themselves or others. Even the negative polarity will learn honor as a total lack of compassion towards anyone standing in their way and thus a complete responsibility for their goals towards control. We don't have that fortunately, but we do have stagnation.
Applying it to yourself would be the first step?
As a general guideline, if you can't find honor, pleasure in your service, I don't imagine you having much fun attempting to fulfill the honors, pleasures of others nor having any emotional reason too. It is not just simply the first step but the absolute prerequisite. You have to feel your responsibility for others as you feel responsible for yourself, the emotional tie being complete, the honor, pleasure felt being mutual in either service to another or towards yourself (while respecting others of course.)

Yes, you must take complete responsibility for yourself for this to work. The relationships should be symbiotic if any type of service of responsibility is to sustain.
(09-11-2014, 03:51 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Honor - a privilege.

"the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"

synonyms: privilege, pleasure, pride, joy; compliment, favor, distinction
antonyms: shame

The synonyms of this word are not highly important to the society I know either. Pretty much nobody respects this concept anymore, Plenum, and I find it to be a sign of a lack of orientation towards service. People hardly care about the pleasure, joy, privilege of themselves or others except in the strictest political context and not in daily life.

That's one definition of honour in it's noun form, here are the others (from Oxford British Dictionary):

1. High respect; great esteem: his portrait hangs in the place of honour

2. The quality of knowing and doing what is morally right: I must as a matter of honour avoid any taint of dishonesty

So an honour can be: a privilege/pleasure bestowed upon someone, a measure of respect or esteem, or the quality of knowing/doing what is morally right.

The main thread here seems to be respect. Honours are bestowed upon people we respect or hold in esteem, and we act honourably out of respect for others.

As for the Law of Responsibility, there seems to be another component hinted at by Ra, which is respect for the unmanifested self and honouring the lessons learned through experience. When one learns something but does not use that knowledge to alter the way they go about their lives, they are not taking responsibility for that knowledge.

One can learn that a desire they have been pursuing no longer benefits them, but they can keep seeking out the object of that desire nonetheless. Shucking the responsibility that comes with that knowledge, you would not be respecting the lessons that you have laid out for yourself.

Also I just wanted to add that the thought that people DON'T pursue pleasure, joy and privilege these days to be kind of laughable man. What world do you live in?
Ra was not the one to speak on morality especially when they clearly state they do not believe in right or wrong.

(09-11-2014, 04:52 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Also I just wanted to add that the thought that people DON'T pursue pleasure, joy and privilege these days to be kind of laughable man. What world do you live in?
40 hour work weeks spent on jobs that are not enjoyed and thus people blowing their paychecks on the weekend in full blast to cope.

People think they are pursuing pleasure. I believe they are coping with a lack of responsibility towards fulfilling what they actually want in life.

Additionally, "respecting a lesson" is honoring a pleasure and a desire. Respecting anything is honoring something that is desired.
"but how do you understand the Law of Responsibility? is it akin to karmic law, or the law of cause and effect? or is it deeper metaphysically?"

To quote Spidy's Uncle Ben, "with great power comes great responsibility."

The Law of Responsibility is constraint on the thoughts, words and deeds of the individual who has become aware of the greater spiritual truths, like Ra's teachings here. The constraint is voluntary out of respect/honor for the otherself.

Newbie spirits or those who are unaware of the Greater Truths have great freedom. If they infringe, they do so out of ignorance, not malice. The world is a playground.

But as you gain spiritual awareness, you must (adopt/assume/model) Responsibility. You no longer can indulge in infringement of other selves; because you know better. Identical actions (stealing a piece of candy, e.g.) for the spiritually aware is more significant and fraught with consequences than the same action taken by a new soul or one who hasn't yet learned the spiritual lessons of the Earth Life School.

Ironically, as we progress down here and grow in understanding of the greater spiritual truths, we become more and more constrained in action. We must be mindful, so as not to accidentally infringe. We must think twice before giving "good advice" or assistance, because maybe the other person needs to work through the catalyst alone to pass beyond it. If we intervene, we might harm by enabling the very thing the other person most needs to overcome.

And yet, the opposite is also true. As we learn and understand the greater spiritual truths, we must also take action. We cannot simply discuss these truths with other like-minded people on web forums and blogs. We must engage the world at large and put our understandings into practice.

The Law of Responsibility is something only the spiritually aware must honor. To ignore it causes depolarization. It is not enough to make the Choice STS v STO. One must put the choice into practice. It is the act of giving/serving other that opens the Heart Chakra, not deciding "I choose STO." It is the act of exalting self and getting ahead in the world that opens the Orange, Yellow, and Blue Chakras, not the choice to "serve only myself." The Choice, in and of itself, is impotent.

The Law of Responsibility is the duty to implement your Choice in everyday living.
Thank you ricdaw. I've been dishonest a number of times. Time to take care for the Law of Responsibility.
It seems to me that it is those who grow in spiritual understanding who are the ones who ultimately carry less burden with them than those who are 'asleep'. With greater spiritual insight and understanding comes a greater capacity for positive change, no?

The idea that we have to be perfect in our every thought, word and deed I have found to be somewhat damaging as it has racked me with guilt whenever I have been unable to live up to 'spiritual perfection'. With this has come fear that I am going to be spiritually punished for not being able to live up to this high standard. Which is obviously not helpful. Perhaps self forgiveness is the best course of action.

The idea that our service to others is more important than our service to our self I don't quite agree with either. How can you possibly serve others well unless you take care of yourself first? I thought that serving others was a natural consequence of loving and taking care of oneself (didnt Ra say that the greatest service an individual can perform is the radiation of the love of self?). If you were aware of the oneness of all things why would you want to hurt another self? I believe that as you grow to love yourself more fully and unconditionally the 'correct' course of action is obvious and quite effortless. I don't think that it is viewed as a constraint.

Maybe this is all just a cop out and I'm bucking under the pressure but it is how I am feeling currently.

Felt damn good getting that off my chest.

Also, I believe it was Quo who said that its not the wanderers who are the brothers and sisters of sorrow but those that they have come to serve. It's the 3D repeaters who are stuck and are in sorrow. They don't seem to be living in pleasure at all. They seem to be living in misery, if you can even call it living. Sigh.

We are not here to add to the sorrow but to lighten it.
I too sometimes try to live up to a level of spiritual "perfection". But I realize I can never attain that. It's like trying to open up to intelligent infinity before you're ready. It would blow your mind apart. I don't think I could handle it. Body just can't handle that much energy.

I don't know if I am a 3D repeater, if I had been here before. But I am stuck somewhat in sorrow. I realize thanks to you folk-love that I'm here to lighten the sorrow. Not to add to it. It's hard. I feel remorseful at times. I didn't have a pleasant past. And I'm not sure how good my future will be, or if I will continue to head downhill. It's all in a thought though. I can change it in an instant if I believe I can. But that belief is hard to come by.

Love you all very much.
Feeling guilty and feeling remorseful are completely okay. The way I see it is that you can accept what you have done, love yourself and move on. Or you can stew in your remorse, and even that is completely okay. Much love to you Gemini.

I believe that the best way to lighten sorrow is to live in joy. Any other ideas?
(09-12-2014, 10:57 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Feeling guilty and feeling remorseful are completely okay. The way I see it is that you can accept what you have done, love yourself and move on. Or you can stew in your remorse, and even that is completely okay. Much love to you Gemini.

I believe that the best way to lighten sorrow is to live in joy. Any other ideas?

Can we choose joy in depression? I'd honestly love to.
@Adonai, @Spaced, @GW, @Folk-Love, @ricdaw
some great discussion here. Thanks for all the thoughts everyone Smile

- -

(09-11-2014, 10:46 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically, as we progress down here and grow in understanding of the greater spiritual truths, we become more and more constrained in action. We must be mindful, so as not to accidentally infringe. We must think twice before giving "good advice" or assistance, because maybe the other person needs to work through the catalyst alone to pass beyond it. If we intervene, we might harm by enabling the very thing the other person most needs to overcome.

And yet, the opposite is also true. As we learn and understand the greater spiritual truths, we must also take action. We cannot simply discuss these truths with other like-minded people on web forums and blogs. We must engage the world at large and put our understandings into practice.

The Law of Responsibility is the duty to implement your Choice in everyday living.

well said ric.
Let me do some parsing. You bring up some valuable nuances.

(09-12-2014, 10:11 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that it is those who grow in spiritual understanding who are the ones who ultimately carry less burden with them than those who are 'asleep'. With greater spiritual insight and understanding comes a greater capacity for positive change, no?

The concept that links with Responsibility is not Burden, but Honor. The Law of Responsibility is a calling, or a duty. The path is walked head high, not back bent.

While greater spiritual insight and understanding brings greater capacity, true! the greater capacity requires greater finesse and more conscious thought before acting.

(09-12-2014, 10:11 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]The idea that we have to be perfect in our every thought, word and deed I have found to be somewhat damaging as it has racked me with guilt whenever I have been unable to live up to 'spiritual perfection'. With this has come fear that I am going to be spiritually punished for not being able to live up to this high standard. Which is obviously not helpful. Perhaps self forgiveness is the best course of action.?

Perfection is not one of Ra's teachings. You are not here to become perfect, you are here to choose STO or STS and, if possible along the way, to polarize as far along the chosen continuum as you can. Perfection is not the goal and, I submit, it is depolarizing and damaging. Guilt will stop future actions. And that, in turn, stops the progression along the chosen path of polarization.

Forgiveness and acceptance are part of Ra's teachings. Card 11 (strength) is all about that. Indeed, the very act of forgiving self is a turbo boost along the STO polarity because it is a major release of blockage. When you forgive self, your heart chakra opens to self in a spontaneous display of energy. And tick tock, you have moved up one more percentage on the polarization scale.

(09-12-2014, 10:11 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]The idea that our service to others is more important than our service to our self I don't quite agree with either. How can you possibly serve others well unless you take care of yourself first? I thought that serving others was a natural consequence of loving and taking care of oneself (didnt Ra say that the greatest service an individual can perform is the radiation of the love of self?)

This is an important point. Serving others is not more important than serving self unless you have chosen the STO path. The STS path is the reverse.

If you have chosen the STO path, serving others is not the end, but a means to the end. Your end goal is to polarize, gain spiritual brightness. Serving others is the most efficient way to achieve that goal. Let me drop into an example. You walk down the street and a homeless person asks for change. You give him some. This is an act of kindness and is objectively an act of service to other. But it will not actually polarize you unless that action moved your heart. There is no score card for polarization. 10,000 acts of kindness will do nothing if each was a trivial action. But even one single act of kindness that truly opened your heart could polarize you 10,000+. So while I, with my full time job, handing out dollar bills to the homeless am doing some small good here, it is nothing compared to the compassion and heart-awakening that would take place if another homeless person, confronted by the other guy begging, gave up the only $2 in her pocket to help him, out of love for otherself.

We do acts of service for others, explicitly for the purpose of enhancing and polarizing our own spirits. Every act of true loving kindness to other, felt in the heart chakra, is simultaneously an act for self. That is the very nature of the spiritual mechanics in the Earth Life School.

Taking care of self is also essential, for how else are you going to have the opportunity to serve the Other later if you are physically incapable of doing so?

Serving other is "more important" than service to ourselves because, ultimately, it is only the service to others that brings about the essential opening of that heart chakra. You must serve self to make it possible to serve other, but it would be depolarizing and a rationalization in the offered moment of action to decide, "oh, I think I won't help the other person because it's my turn to have something nice now." That opportunity to expand the heart is lost. Polarization gained is reduced.

(09-12-2014, 10:11 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]If you were aware of the oneness of all things why would you want to hurt another self? I believe that as you grow to love yourself more fully and unconditionally the 'correct' course of action is obvious and quite effortless. I don't think that it is viewed as a constraint.

Maybe this is all just a cop out and I'm bucking under the pressure but it is how I am feeling currently.

I have found that the more I wrap my head around Ra's teachings, the obvious correct course of actions do not result in polarization for me (i.e. I feel the consequences of taking the action in my heart, it stretches and thrums). It's the effort-full actions, the ones that take time, committment, and inconvenience, that make my heart sing. If you are able to feel the heart-polarizing heart-expanding feelings through effortlessly doing the right thing, then I aspire to be like you.
Once I was debating with myself of picking up a piece of trash on the ground. I didn't because I thought I would just have done it for the brownie points, thus defeating the polarizing action. I don't want to do them just because they give me reward.
(09-12-2014, 03:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Once I was debating with myself of picking up a piece of trash on the ground. I didn't because I thought I would just have done it for the brownie points, thus defeating the polarizing action. I don't want to do them just because they give me reward.

There is no "they." You reward only yourself. Act or don't act. Then look within. Is that heart chakra thrumming and expanded? No? Well then look for the next opportunity. Then act or don't act. Repeat.

You have a lifetime to do the work.

But if you believe that at the end of this lifetime there is the Harvest, then it might be prudent to start earlier rather than later.
(09-12-2014, 03:13 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]But if you believe that at the end of this lifetime there is the Harvest, then it might be prudent to start earlier rather than later.

I do believe harvest happens after this life, because I don't plan to incarnate again before it. I'll spend 200 years or so if I have to on the other side, till I am ready. Of course I'll need to ask my higher self via pendulum, which I don't have on me now. I should though have it always on me.
(09-12-2014, 02:41 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]If you have chosen the STO path, serving others is not the end, but a means to the end. Your end goal is to polarize, gain spiritual brightness. Serving others is the most efficient way to achieve that goal. Let me drop into an example. You walk down the street and a homeless person asks for change. You give him some. This is an act of kindness and is objectively an act of service to other. But it will not actually polarize you unless that action moved your heart. There is no score card for polarization. 10,000 acts of kindness will do nothing if each was a trivial action. But even one single act of kindness that truly opened your heart could polarize you 10,000+. So while I, with my full time job, handing out dollar bills to the homeless am doing some small good here, it is nothing compared to the compassion and heart-awakening that would take place if another homeless person, confronted by the other guy begging, gave up the only $2 in her pocket to help him, out of love for otherself.

This is what I've been struggling with as of late. The example you gave is a good one as I often encounter homeless people when I'm in the city and occasionally buy some food or give them change. But in doing so I don't really feel a movement in my heart after doing so, and when I ask myself why I did it, I usually just say "it's the right thing to do, what are you gonna do with the money". While I may not be polarising, and it does feel a little forced at times, isn't it still a good thing to do? I've noticed that when I'm in a good place, serving others flows much more 'naturally'. I see serving yourself as simply loving and accepting yourself for who you are. Thank you for acting as a mirror ricdaw, I appreciate it BigSmile.
(09-12-2014, 08:12 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I've been struggling with as of late. The example you gave is a good one as I often encounter homeless people when I'm in the city and occasionally buy some food or give them change. But in doing so I don't really feel a movement in my heart after doing so, and when I ask myself why I did it, I usually just say "it's the right thing to do, what are you gonna do with the money". While I may not be polarising, and it does feel a little forced at times, isn't it still a good thing to do?

Yes. It is the right thing to do. And while that single act of kindness may feel a little forced, and not necessarily accomplish very much, remember the Law of Responsibility. Remember the Law of Confusion. We may not get feedback here and now for the tiny acts of "forced" kindness, but maybe, just maybe, there is a time and place where, in a Life Review, these small things become part of a larger tapestry, a great Canvas Painting of Who You Really Are.

Would it be such a failure to be known as: The Person Who Gave Always, Even When It Made No Sense?

You never know what word, thought or deed is written permanently into the Hierophant of Who You Are. We move through the Veil of 3D Earth with the dimmest of candles.

I vote we try, nonetheless.
Those are some exceptionally lucid posts, ricdaw. Thank you, brother.
(09-12-2014, 02:41 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]You walk down the street and a homeless person asks for change. You give him some. This is an act of kindness and is objectively an act of service to other. But it will not actually polarize you unless that action moved your heart.

I feel it's ok to go off topic sometimes when "Bring4th" becomes the focus. Mr Wendal is worth a listen, by "Arrested Development".

(09-12-2014, 03:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Once I was debating with myself of picking up a piece of trash on the ground. I didn't because I thought I would just have done it for the brownie points, thus defeating the polarizing action. I don't want to do them just because they give me reward.

I think the inner attitude informs the action.

for eg, it's been written about elsewhere in other threads, but the External Action is not the be-all and end-all for assessing the nature of what could constitute a positive or a negative act.

why pick up a piece of a trash or litter? There could be many motivations. One could be a forced sense of guilt, because that's how you were raised. Another could be because you think it's a good deed (ie the brownie points you mentioned). Another could be that you don't see a sense of separation between you and society, and that the ills of society are your responsbility too, because you are part of that incarnated group. Here, the inner motivation is that you don't see a sense of separation.

if the Creation really is one thing (ie the Law of One), then when there is a 'problem', then it's not an external problem, or that person's problem. It's 'our problem'.

The One Being of the creation is like unto a body, if you will accept this third-density analogy.

Would we ignore a pain in the leg? A bruise upon the skin? A cut which is festering? No.

There is no ignoring a call. We, the entities of sorrow, choose as our service the attempt to heal the sorrow which we are calling analogous to the pains of a physical body complex distortion.
That would be phenomenal to not see any separation.

(09-13-2014, 01:23 PM)nio Wrote: [ -> ]I feel it's ok to go off topic sometimes when "Bring4th" becomes the focus. Mr Wendal is worth a listen, by "Arrested Development".

So is Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins.